Windows 10: So what EXACTLY is the deal with Windows 10 on ARM drivers?

Discus and support So what EXACTLY is the deal with Windows 10 on ARM drivers? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I`m somewhat confused as to the state of play with device drivers for windows 10 on arm. I understand that Kernel Mode drivers require a recompile to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by scoob101, Jun 5, 2018.

1. scoob101 Win User

So what EXACTLY is the deal with Windows 10 on ARM drivers?

I`m somewhat confused as to the state of play with device drivers for windows 10 on arm.

I understand that Kernel Mode drivers require a recompile to ARM64 to work, which makes sense as they are hitting the hardware directly.

But from a users perspective, how do you tell if a device is utilising a kernel mode driver versus a device which is not?

:)

scoob101, Jun 5, 2018

2. Sharp ARM 160 Printer problems Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • After upgrading to Windows 10, have you installed all pending updates and also updated all device drivers?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to set the printer as default
    and check if it helps.

1. Right click start and select control panel.

2. Find Devices and Printers.

3. Locate the printer you want as default, right click on it and choose,
    make default.

Method 2: Also I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 9, 2018
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Jun 9, 2018
Thema:

So what EXACTLY is the deal with Windows 10 on ARM drivers?

1. So what EXACTLY is the deal with Windows 10 on ARM drivers? - Similar Threads - EXACTLY deal ARM

2. What is the deal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the deal: I have 2 questions...I have a gigabyte aero d mother board which has 5x16 top and 5x16 middle and 4x16 third. Ever since I installed the newest dev build I get a warning about the pci aqisition and somthing driver as wellit wont allow.me.to install.my gigbyte chipset eigher...
  3. What is the deal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the deal: I have 2 questions...I have a gigabyte aero d mother board which has 5x16 top and 5x16 middle and 4x16 third. Ever since I installed the newest dev build I get a warning about the pci aqisition and somthing driver as wellit wont allow.me.to install.my gigbyte chipset eigher...
  4. So what’s the deal with SxS?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So what’s the deal with SxS?: i explore it quite regularly out of simple curiosity. but there’s something weird, there’s a bunch of new folders there, that have been created as recently as the 19th of March this year. some are empty, some contain other files titled R or F, and some contain files that are...
  5. Windows has so many problems these days, what's the deal?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows has so many problems these days, what's the deal?: Why is every simple thing that used to work just fine in Microsoft Windows no longer working, or so dysfunctional that it basically doesn't work? Simple things: Print a document, get a jamb and the job gets deleted from the print queue? Resize windows, they always wind up...
  6. What exactly is the "Xhunter1.sys" driver?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What exactly is the "Xhunter1.sys" driver?: [ATTACH]Whenever I try to turn on memory integrity in windows security, I come across an incompatible driver error. The name of the driver is "xhunter1.sys". I have no idea about the driver. I tried searching on the web and cannot find anything useful. Can someone explain...
  7. So whats the deal with these new "19H1 and H2" versions of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So whats the deal with these new "19H1 and H2" versions of Windows 10?: I need to send a USB to a friend with Windows 10 pro key and ISO so he can build his first computer and i haven't touched my computer in a year and I last used 1809 to build my computer, so I have no idea what is up with these non redstone ISO versions I don't want my friend...
  8. So, what the deal with the blur after 1803?

in Windows 10 Support
    So, what the deal with the blur after 1803?: I have been using my Windows 10 Pro x64 in 125% scaling mode. Up until now I did not have any problems with blurring. After update to 1803 a lot of applications became blurry. That includes Skype - the list became larger that before and blurry. That includes MS Word and MS...
  9. What's the deal?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What's the deal?: [img] [img] In Nvidia Control Panel I appear to be running drive 353.30, but according to the uninstall list I still have 347.88. So what's the deal? Am I running 353.30 or 347.88? Make up your mind Windows 10! *Confused 8081
  10. So, what the deal with the blur after 1803?

in Windows 10 Support
    So, what the deal with the blur after 1803?: i didn't even realise anything was blurry. was playing something fullscreen at 1080 (desktop is 4k, 200%) and win10 bounces up a notification asking me if i want to fix the blurring. you got a choice of yes, no, learn more. the learn more bit talks about 2nd screen... what?