Windows 10: So what is the reason for not being able to have a black taskbar on light mode?

Discus and support So what is the reason for not being able to have a black taskbar on light mode? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Like you can have that in 1809, so why not in 1903+? Why is the lowest you can go in light mode 15,15,15 or whatever it is? Someone had to program it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TeKett, Sep 22, 2022.

1. TeKett Win User

So what is the reason for not being able to have a black taskbar on light mode?

Like you can have that in 1809, so why not in 1903+? Why is the lowest you can go in light mode 15,15,15 or whatever it is? Someone had to program it so you cant, if i remember correctly, go under a combined RGB value of 45. Who, and why, decided this was a good idea?If you try and defend this then i ask you the same question, why? How does me having a black taskbar in light mode affect you in any way, shape, or form?

:)

TeKett, Sep 22, 2022
  2. FreeBooter, Sep 22, 2022
  3. Dark mode / Light mode doesn't work

In Light mode: taskbar color never changes - always a hideous yellow/green, everything else follows color chosen

In Dark mode: taskbar color changes- i choose a dark gray- but everything else is just black no matter which color is chosen.

Neither option is acceptable. Is there a way to get rid on color modes and go back to standard one color everywhere?

DerekWittman, Sep 22, 2022
  4. So what is the reason for not being able to have a black taskbar on light mode?

taskbar

Hi Roger,

Thank you for sharing this to the Microsoft Community. We suggest that you follow these steps for possible solution:

• Right-click on an empty area of the taskbar. If in tablet mode, hold your finger on the taskbar.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Toggle Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to on. You can also do the same for tablet mode.

In addition to that, you can follow the reply of johnhart061 on this
    thread for more information.

Let us know how it goes.

Marvin Barc, Sep 22, 2022
Thema:

So what is the reason for not being able to have a black taskbar on light mode?

1. So what is the reason for not being able to have a black taskbar on light mode? - Similar Threads - reason being able

2. Are you still not allowed to have a black 0,0,0 taskbar in light mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are you still not allowed to have a black 0,0,0 taskbar in light mode?: Im still running 1809 literally only because in 1909+ i cant have a black taskbar IN LIGHT MODE. I want light mode, im not going to change from light mode. Me having a black taskbar in light mode does not end the world, so why is there an arbitrary limit? I would love to keep...
  3. Are you still not allowed to have a black 0,0,0 taskbar in light mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are you still not allowed to have a black 0,0,0 taskbar in light mode?: Im still running 1809 literally only because in 1909+ i cant have a black taskbar IN LIGHT MODE. I want light mode, im not going to change from light mode. Me having a black taskbar in light mode does not end the world, so why is there an arbitrary limit? I would love to keep...
  4. Are you still not allowed to have a black 0,0,0 taskbar in light mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How can I fix my taskbar background being stuck on black even in light mode?

How can I fix my taskbar background being stuck on black even in light mode?: My taskbar background is stuck on black even when in light mode. I tried everything that I could find but I wasn't able to find anyone with the same problem. Its almost like its bugged? When I change the theme to light everything changes correctly, the icons become black as...
  6. How can I fix my taskbar background being stuck on black even in light mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix my taskbar background being stuck on black even in light mode?: My taskbar background is stuck on black even when in light mode. I tried everything that I could find but I wasn't able to find anyone with the same problem. Its almost like its bugged? When I change the theme to light everything changes correctly, the icons become black as...
  7. How can I fix my taskbar background being stuck on black even in light mode?

8. So what is the reason for not being able to have a black taskbar on light mode?

So what is the reason for not being able to have a black taskbar on light mode?: Like you can have that in 1809, so why not in 1903+? Why is the lowest you can go in light mode 15,15,15 or whatever it is? Someone had to program it so you cant, if i remember correctly, go under a combined RGB value of 45. Who, and why, decided this was a good idea?If you...
  9. So what is the reason for not being able to have a black taskbar on light mode?

So what is the reason for not being able to have a black taskbar on light mode?: Like you can have that in 1809, so why not in 1903+? Why is the lowest you can go in light mode 15,15,15 or whatever it is? Someone had to program it so you cant, if i remember correctly, go under a combined RGB value of 45. Who, and why, decided this was a good idea?If you...
  10. Help! Unable to have Light Mode and still have the colour in the taskbar

Help! Unable to have Light Mode and still have the colour in the taskbar: I don't know what I've done to my Win10 system but for some reason, I can only choose to have a colour on my taskbar if I have dark mode selected. I had it with light mode before so I have clearly done something but I don't know what! Here is what happens when it's in...