Windows 10: So what should we expect with the NEW MS Edge in January 2020?

Discus and support So what should we expect with the NEW MS Edge in January 2020? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can anyone answer? When MS releases the new Chromium based Edge (in a week) I was wondering what to expect. 1. Will it be a totally be separate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by winxp, Jan 14, 2020.

1. winxp Win User

So what should we expect with the NEW MS Edge in January 2020?

Can anyone answer?

When MS releases the new Chromium based Edge (in a week) I was wondering what to expect.

1. Will it be a totally be separate program from Win10 like Google Chrome is now?

2. Will it uninstall the present version of EDGE before installing the new?

3. Will IE11 still work and will be untouched?

Thanks

:)

winxp, Jan 14, 2020

2. New version of Microsoft edge

Microsoft announced that the new version of Microsoft Edge (including its fancy new logo) will be released in January of 2020.

That was an announcement, not a promise.

SnS (Unrepentant Advisor), Jan 14, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Changes to Cortana services on January 31st, 2020

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4531683

Brink, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Lonnie_L Win User

Windows 7 support will end on January 14, 2020

Windows 7 support will end on January 14, 2020. After that, technical assistance and software updates from Windows Update that help protect your PC will no longer be available for the product. While you could continue to use your
    PC running Windows 7, without continued software and security updates, it will be at greater risk for viruses and malware. Microsoft strongly recommends that you move to a new PC running Windows 10 sometime before January 2020 to avoid a situation where you
    need service or support that is no longer available.

Want to learn more about Windows 7 end of support? Check out these
    frequently asked questions. And if you haven’t already, check out
    microsoft.com/windows7 to learn what you can do to prepare for end of support. From backing up your files to finding a new computer that fits your needs, we’ve got
    tools to help you transition with ease.

Lonnie_L, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

1. So what should we expect with the NEW MS Edge in January 2020? - Similar Threads - should expect Edge

2. January 2020 Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    January 2020 Windows 10 Update: After installing the latest update, my Windows key is disable. I can still click on the onscreen icon to open the Windows menu, but the keyboard key that does the same thing, that always used to work, now does nothing....
  3. odd EVENT Errors After MS Tuesday Update on January 14, 2020.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    odd EVENT Errors After MS Tuesday Update on January 14, 2020.: Windows 10x64 v.1909 Build 18363.592 My PC accepted the monthly Tuesday updates from MS on 01.14.2020. The Event Viewer showed some odd Errors thereafter. The Service Control Manager experienced numerous Errors 7000 and 7009. 7000 description: failed to start due to the...
  4. Microsoft January 2020 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft January 2020 Security Updates: Release Notes January 2020 Security Updates Release Date: January 14, 2020 The January security release consists of security updates for the following software: Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps ASP.NET Core...
  5. Microsoft January 2020 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft January 2020 Security Updates: Release Notes January 2020 Security Updates Release Date: January 14, 2020 The January security release consists of security updates for the following software: Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps ASP.NET Core...
  6. New Twitter PWA update released - January 10th 2020

in Windows 10 News
    New Twitter PWA update released - January 10th 2020: See what's happening on the Twitter PWA. View new changes and fixes for mobile.twitter.com, Twitter for Windows, Twitter for KaiOS, and Twitter Lite on Android. We're constantly working to make the Twitter PWA a world-class experience, and we hope you enjoy reading about our...
  7. Chromium Microsoft Edge launch on January 15, 2020

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chromium Microsoft Edge launch on January 15, 2020: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/welogique [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ds6lho/chromium_microsoft_edge_launch_on_january_15_2020/
  8. What we know so far about Microsoft’s new Edge browser for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    What we know so far about Microsoft’s new Edge browser for Windows 10: In December 2018, Microsoft confirmed that it’s embracing the Chromium open source project to power its new Edge browser. It also means that Microsoft will now actively contribute to the Chromium project and improve the web browsing experience on the desktop. Microsoft isn’t...
  9. MS Edge .. Should i Switch?

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge .. Should i Switch?: How good is MS Edge for you? Do you Think MS Edge will become better in the future? Does anybody actually use it as there Default Browser? Do you Recommend it to me? .. (Yes, so Why?) Because i want to switch from Chrome to Edge, but i'm not sure.. yeah the reason why:...
  10. We have Windows 7 so will we be able to bypass Windows 10 early 2020?

in Windows 10 Support
    We have Windows 7 so will we be able to bypass Windows 10 early 2020?: Two systems in the household. Windows 7 system that came with a Windows 10 disc that can be installed any time in the future which will allow this system to stay with 10 until 2025. The other system has Windows 7 on a system built in 2011. This one should be able to jump...