Windows 10: So what should we expect with the NEW MS Edge in January 2020?

Discus and support So what should we expect with the NEW MS Edge in January 2020? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can anyone answer? When MS releases the new Chromium based Edge (in a week) I was wondering what to expect. 1. Will it be a totally be separate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by winxp, Jan 14, 2020.

1. winxp Win User

So what should we expect with the NEW MS Edge in January 2020?

Can anyone answer?

When MS releases the new Chromium based Edge (in a week) I was wondering what to expect.

1. Will it be a totally be separate program from Win10 like Google Chrome is now?

2. Will it uninstall the present version of EDGE before installing the new?

3. Will IE11 still work and will be untouched?

Thanks

:)

winxp, Jan 14, 2020

2. New version of Microsoft edge

Microsoft announced that the new version of Microsoft Edge (including its fancy new logo) will be released in January of 2020.

That was an announcement, not a promise.

SnS (Unrepentant Advisor), Jan 14, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Changes to Cortana services on January 31st, 2020

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4531683

Brink, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Lonnie_L Win User

Windows 7 support will end on January 14, 2020

Windows 7 support will end on January 14, 2020. After that, technical assistance and software updates from Windows Update that help protect your PC will no longer be available for the product. While you could continue to use your
    PC running Windows 7, without continued software and security updates, it will be at greater risk for viruses and malware. Microsoft strongly recommends that you move to a new PC running Windows 10 sometime before January 2020 to avoid a situation where you
    need service or support that is no longer available.

Want to learn more about Windows 7 end of support? Check out these
    frequently asked questions. And if you haven’t already, check out
    microsoft.com/windows7 to learn what you can do to prepare for end of support. From backing up your files to finding a new computer that fits your needs, we’ve got
    tools to help you transition with ease.

Lonnie_L, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

1. So what should we expect with the NEW MS Edge in January 2020? - Similar Threads - should expect Edge

2. What should we expect with Patch Tuesday tomorrow?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What should we expect with Patch Tuesday tomorrow?: Also, should I be worried about a repeat of last month? Or do you expect everything to go smoothly for everyone? 177603
  3. What is New in Microsoft Edge for Education - BETT / January 2021

in Windows 10 News
    What is New in Microsoft Edge for Education - BETT / January 2021: [ATTACH] Try reading this blog using Immersive Reader! (Right click and open in a new tab) As Barbara Holzapfel (VP – Microsoft Education) and Satya Nadella (CEO – Microsoft) discussed during their BETTfest keynote, education is going through...
  4. What is New in Web Experiences with Microsoft Edge for January 2021

in Windows 10 News
    What is New in Web Experiences with Microsoft Edge for January 2021: [img] While the holiday season has come and gone, the new year brings a renewed opportunity for reflection, goal-setting and personal growth. The start of the new year makes me appreciate our team’s progress and I’ve got to tell you,...
  5. #MSIgnite 2020: What is New in Web Experiences with Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    #MSIgnite 2020: What is New in Web Experiences with Microsoft Edge: [media] The message is loud and clear, and we’ve heard it: Providing secure remote access to resources, apps and data is the No. 1 challenge reported by security leaders. Cloud connected apps and services define our ability to work remotely, and with 60% of the...
  6. What is new to Microsoft 365 for January 2020

in Windows 10 News
    What is new to Microsoft 365 for January 2020: Since the early days of personal computing, information workers have benefited the most from technology. That makes sense, since these workers tend to spend the bulk of their day at a computer screen. But there are 2 billion workers in the world who don’t work behind the...
  7. What is New in Microsoft Teams for January 2020

in Windows 10 News
    What is New in Microsoft Teams for January 2020: Happy new year! Our resolution at Microsoft Teams is to keep delivering a delightful experience to our customers [ATTACH] . We started the year at National Retail Federation (NRF), where Teams continued to shine as a platform with tailored capabilities to connect everyone in...
  8. Chromium Microsoft Edge launch on January 15, 2020

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chromium Microsoft Edge launch on January 15, 2020: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/welogique [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ds6lho/chromium_microsoft_edge_launch_on_january_15_2020/
  9. What we know so far about Microsoft’s new Edge browser for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    What we know so far about Microsoft’s new Edge browser for Windows 10: In December 2018, Microsoft confirmed that it’s embracing the Chromium open source project to power its new Edge browser. It also means that Microsoft will now actively contribute to the Chromium project and improve the web browsing experience on the desktop. Microsoft isn’t...
  10. MS Edge .. Should i Switch?

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge .. Should i Switch?: How good is MS Edge for you? Do you Think MS Edge will become better in the future? Does anybody actually use it as there Default Browser? Do you Recommend it to me? .. (Yes, so Why?) Because i want to switch from Chrome to Edge, but i'm not sure.. yeah the reason why:...