Windows 10: So what's the answer, my lenovo voga 720 has grayed out the rotation lock!!! Help Mr. Wizard.

Discus and support So what's the answer, my lenovo voga 720 has grayed out the rotation lock!!! Help Mr. Wizard. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So what's the answer, my lenovo voga 720 has grayed out the rotation lock!!! Help Mr. Wizard.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RandyMartin3, Oct 3, 2018.

1. So what's the answer, my lenovo voga 720 has grayed out the rotation lock!!! Help Mr. Wizard.

So what's the answer, my lenovo voga 720 has grayed out the rotation lock!!! Help Mr. Wizard.

:)

RandyMartin3, Oct 3, 2018

2. rotation lock grayed out on Lenovo Yoga laptops solved

Hi i wanted to share my discovery of why all Windows 10 lenovo Yoga touchscreen laptops have the rotation lock grayed out sometimes and cannot reactivate;

if your rotation lock button in action center is grayed out like this

So what's the answer, my lenovo voga 720 has grayed out the rotation lock!!! Help Mr. Wizard. fd9f63b3-1f59-4e13-94ab-c19fb5b6eb0b?upload=true.png

Go to Task Manager (press ctrl + alt + delete), and click on the services tab, and look for
    ymc process (ymc.exe = Yoga Mode Control, which is the culprit, and it happens when you rotate your screen to portrait mode)

So what's the answer, my lenovo voga 720 has grayed out the rotation lock!!! Help Mr. Wizard. 2793e16c-0a1b-4515-a0e7-170de2d61c9e?upload=true.png

Right click on ymc, and stop the process. Leave it that way. Your Rotation Lock will remain unlocked now. It was a mid-late 2018 update from Lenovo which made this ymc cause the grayed out screen rotation lock. The computer works fine without this process,
    and in fact, it is precisely this process, intended to sense when to change to tablet mode and back to laptop mode when folding the screen, which causes the issue. There will be no adverse effects from deactivating this process. If you deletre it, Lenovo will
    put it in your next update and it will reappear, so best to just 'stop' the process.

Thailand Amulets, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Rotation Lock button is grayed out

I have Windows 10 Home

OS Build # is 15063.674

This is the first time it has happened.

I have followed what has been suggested, such as to change the resolution. But the 'Rotation Lock' button stays gray {unable to switch the Lock Button to the off position}. Thank you for trying to help.

BarbiClark, Oct 3, 2018
  4. So what's the answer, my lenovo voga 720 has grayed out the rotation lock!!! Help Mr. Wizard.

windows 10 rotation lock grayed out

Hi David,

The option may have grayed out due to a recent update or change that was done on your computer. As our initial troubleshooting step, we recommend that you set your computer to Portrait mode by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Select System, and then Display.
    • Under the Orientation option, select Portrait.
    • The rotation lock should be clickable after following these steps.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Dennis Mop, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

So what's the answer, my lenovo voga 720 has grayed out the rotation lock!!! Help Mr. Wizard.

1. So what's the answer, my lenovo voga 720 has grayed out the rotation lock!!! Help Mr. Wizard. - Similar Threads - what's answer lenovo

2. Rotation Lock Grayed Out on HP Spectre x360

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Rotation Lock Grayed Out on HP Spectre x360: I turned my rotation lock on on my HP Spectre convertible laptop to keep portrait mode up for a night, but now that I want to unlock it, I can't! The button is grayed out on the menu bar on the side. I've tried to go into Settings itself, but it's grayed out there too. I have...
  3. Rotation lock grayed out

Rotation lock grayed out: Rotation lock is stuck/grayed out on Windows 10 HP Pavilion. Tried restarting, switching to tablet mode, changing orientation to portrait. Still gray. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rotation-lock-grayed-out/c69d526f-5396-4e1c-b621-02364a523d5c
  4. Rotation Lock Grayed out or loss of Touchscreen Functionality on Lenovo Yoga Windows 10 laptops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rotation Lock Grayed out or loss of Touchscreen Functionality on Lenovo Yoga Windows 10 laptops: Hi everyone I noticed a lot of locked threads, regarding users of Windows 10 with Lenovo Laptops, who are suffering the grayed out screen rotation setting, and/or touchscreen loss; the issue is because of a process called ymc.exe Yoga Mode Control, found in process manager...
  5. My Account has been locked out - No answer from Microsoft so far

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Account has been locked out - No answer from Microsoft so far: Hi, My account has been locked since Apr, 28th 2020 - more than 10 days ago. I followed the instructions and filled the requested form aka "Microsoft locked account review form" https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/concern/AccountReinstatement. The form was submitted and...
  6. Windows rotation lock grayed out

Windows rotation lock grayed out: I bought a new Samsung Notebook 7 Spin. I only intend to use it as a laptop and have no use for screen rotation or tablet mode. However, I cannot turn off the rotation lock and stop the screen from rotating when the device is tilted. I saw a thread saying to switch the...
  7. Auto-Rotate Grayed out

Auto-Rotate Grayed out: Hello, I am unsure of what to do after going through all of the steps recommended by previous questions. A few days ago my Auto-Rotate icon disappeared, through the Registry Edit I was able to get the icon back, but it is still grayed out. I have tried to use Tent mode and...
  8. rotation lock grayed out on Lenovo Yoga laptops solved

rotation lock grayed out on Lenovo Yoga laptops solved: Hi i wanted to share my discovery of why all Windows 10 lenovo Yoga touchscreen laptops have the rotation lock grayed out sometimes and cannot reactivate; if your rotation lock button in action center is grayed out like this [ATTACH] Go to Task Manager (press ctrl + alt...
  9. Lenovo Yoga 720 auto rotation not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo Yoga 720 auto rotation not working: Hi The auto rotation feature in my laptop has stopped working. How can i fix it? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/lenovo-yoga-720-auto-rotation-not-working/0c3e0a3c-22e5-498a-934f-7876385b9a03
  10. Rotation Lock Grayed Out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Rotation Lock Grayed Out: Hi all, I have a 2017 HP Spectre x360 with Windows 10 Home. Everything works great, except I can't rotation lock. WIN+O doesn't do anything. The display does rotate if I turn the device, but I want to be able to lock it. I can manaully change the option in Display...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo rotation lock grey

2. on lenovo tablet hoe to lock no rotation on jigsaw puzzle

3. lenovo yoga 11e rotation lock grayed out

4. lenovo rotation lock greyed out,
  5. why is my lenovo yoga rotation lock greyed out