Windows 10: SO when i open a .mp4 file and click on the option "open with", I get this option to choose...

Discus and support SO when i open a .mp4 file and click on the option "open with", I get this option to choose... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tanish__ [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tanish__, Oct 16, 2020.

1. SO when i open a .mp4 file and click on the option "open with", I get this option to choose...

/u/tanish__, Oct 16, 2020

2. Add option to context menu to open file type

By default, Windows will open a MIDI file with Windows Media Player on double-click. This is fine. However, I'd like to add the option to open MIDI files to the context menu (right click).

As it is, to open a MIDI file with MuseScore (my current preferred software), I have to do: Right click > Open With > Choose Another App > More apps > (scroll to find MuseScore) > OK.

This is too many steps. How can I get the context menu to offer MuseScore as an option in it's menu - or at least as an option in "Open With"?

Thanks!

gntsketches, Oct 16, 2020
  3. "Open with" options

I'm not looking to set a different default program for this file extension.

When right-clicking on a .dxf file, then moving my cursor over "open with", there is another set of options. One being "choose another app", and one being "search the store"

When right-clicking on a .txt file, for example, then moving my cursor over "open with" there are programs listed there (that are not set as the default program for the .txt file extension), in addition to the two other options listed above. My question
    is, can I manually populate that area with a program of my choosing for the selected file type (.dxf).

roberthilla, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Sanwin2 Win User

SO when i open a .mp4 file and click on the option "open with", I get this option to choose...

How to get mp4s to open in iTunes

Right-Click on an mp4 file and select Open With from the options. Find iTunes in the list of applications (you may need to expand the list and browse), click on iTunes and select the "always use this program" box.

After that double-clicking an mp4 should open it using iTunes.

Sanwin2, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

SO when i open a .mp4 file and click on the option "open with", I get this option to choose...

1. SO when i open a .mp4 file and click on the option "open with", I get this option to choose... - Similar Threads - open mp4 file

2. when i right click on a jar file there is no "open with" option.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i right click on a jar file there is no "open with" option.: trying to open 1.8.9 forge for minecraft but when i rght click there is no open with option. i just want to select open with and click java as all my troubles will end with this....
  3. when i right click on a jar file there is no "open with" option.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i right click on a jar file there is no "open with" option.: trying to open 1.8.9 forge for minecraft but when i rght click there is no open with option. i just want to select open with and click java as all my troubles will end with this....
  4. Windows update option not open, when click update and security option , setting option...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update option not open, when click update and security option , setting option...: Windows update option not open, when click update and security option , setting option immediately close. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-option-not-open-when-click-update/6d7fb3fb-12f5-44d8-93cf-ec1a9a0fe500
  5. Windows update option not open, when click update and security option , setting option...

Windows update option not open, when click update and security option , setting option...: Windows update option not open, when click update and security option , setting option immediately close. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-option-not-open-when-click-update/6d7fb3fb-12f5-44d8-93cf-ec1a9a0fe500
  6. Windows update option not open, when click update and security option , setting option...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. The option when right clicking on a file « Open with » missing for me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The option when right clicking on a file « Open with » missing for me: The option when right clicking on a file « Open with » missing for me im new on window 11 please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-option-when-right-clicking-on-a-file-open-with/9b485a00-3df4-4da8-b282-c24fabc84e7c
  8. The option when right clicking on a file « Open with » missing for me

The option when right clicking on a file « Open with » missing for me: The option when right clicking on a file « Open with » missing for me im new on window 11 please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-option-when-right-clicking-on-a-file-open-with/9b485a00-3df4-4da8-b282-c24fabc84e7c
  9. Add an open with option when right clicking a pdf or other file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add an open with option when right clicking a pdf or other file: Hi, I've got a slightly annoying problem that I can't get around. I'd like to add Word to the 'open with' menu when I right click on a .pdf file in File Explorer. I don't want Word to be the default program to open pdf files, but I'd like it to be an option in the open...
  10. Erroneous "Open with" options when opening files

Erroneous "Open with" options when opening files: Picture says it all. How do I remove those "" /Play "%L" options ? [img] 93037