Windows 10: So who will be the first to port the Windows 8.1 icons to Windows 10

Discus and support So who will be the first to port the Windows 8.1 icons to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; These new icons stink :P Look like they could have been in Windows 3.1 other than the transparency. Are these embedded in the shell, or can they be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mrpeters, Jul 28, 2015.

1. mrpeters Win User

So who will be the first to port the Windows 8.1 icons to Windows 10

These new icons stink So who will be the first to port the Windows 8.1 icons to Windows 10 :p

Look like they could have been in Windows 3.1 other than the transparency. Are these embedded in the shell, or can they be customized by pulling the icons from the imageres DLL from Windows 7 or 8.1?

:)

mrpeters, Jul 28, 2015

2. How to make the font be BOLD so the text will show up better on Windows 10

Original title: Font Question

I have vision problems and make the text larger on the screen. I also have to reduce the brightness due to being unable to tolerate the default brightness of my screen.

I need to know how to make the font be BOLD so the text will show up better on Windows 10.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Shadowlake8, Jul 28, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    How to make the font be BOLD so the text will show up better on Windows 10

Try Settings > Ease of Access

BulldogXX, Jul 28, 2015
  4. mrpeters Win User

mrpeters, Jul 28, 2015
Thema:

1. So who will be the first to port the Windows 8.1 icons to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - port icons

2. How do I unlock port 1947 in windows ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I unlock port 1947 in windows ?: How do I unlock port 1947 in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unlock-port-1947-in-windows/0df1f590-bf3e-4d91-a971-f7ad5af9b706
  3. Ethernet Not working and no light is blinking on the port and eathernet Icon has an error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Not working and no light is blinking on the port and eathernet Icon has an error...: Hi all, I have a problem that I cannot see my Ethernet on adapter setting, and also no light is blinking from my PC on the Ethernet port and it keeps showing me an error icon on the Ethernet icon and pci bus icon and SM bus controller Icon, What should I do? Thanks!...
  4. Ethernet Not working and no light is blinking on the port and eathernet Icon has an error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Not working and no light is blinking on the port and eathernet Icon has an error...: Hi all, I have a problem that I cannot see my Ethernet on adapter setting, and also no light is blinking from my PC on the Ethernet port and it keeps showing me an error icon on the Ethernet icon and pci bus icon and SM bus controller Icon, What should I do? Thanks!...
  5. Ethernet Not working and no light is blinking on the port and eathernet Icon has an error...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. USB port works **** in noise sounding every second, with usb icon flash in lower panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB port works **** in noise sounding every second, with usb icon flash in lower panel: 90% of the time, my laptop plays an audible error sound every second or two and the usb port symbol flashes in the bottom right panel. When I adjust the laptop screen this can change the alert to either return or sometimes briefly disappear.I have noticed that my laptop...
  7. USB port works **** in noise sounding every second, with usb icon flash in lower panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB port works **** in noise sounding every second, with usb icon flash in lower panel: 90% of the time, my laptop plays an audible error sound every second or two and the usb port symbol flashes in the bottom right panel. When I adjust the laptop screen this can change the alert to either return or sometimes briefly disappear.I have noticed that my laptop...
  8. USB port works **** in noise sounding every second, with usb icon flash in lower panel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. USB drives displaying weird icons (i believe in usb 3.0 ports only)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB drives displaying weird icons (i believe in usb 3.0 ports only): This was never an issue until extremely recently. Unfortunately I didnt pick up on exactly when it began happening. All 3 of my usb external hard drives and my usb stick show weird icons in devices and printers (theyre the ones labled "device" if it isnt obvious lol) The usb...
  10. Desktop icons messy every time I plug in any device on USB port

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons messy every time I plug in any device on USB port: It started some days ago after I booted on safe mode. Perhaps there is something to do with this as the resolution on safe mode is lower and the icons are rearranged on that mode. After the 1st normal boot , every time I plug in any device on USB ports (as soon as it is...