Windows 10: So why does my pc freeze each and every time I cold boot it, I have removed the xbox usb...

Discus and support So why does my pc freeze each and every time I cold boot it, I have removed the xbox usb... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So why does my pc freeze each and every time I cold boot it, I have removed the Xbox USB controller but still the same issue I can see that the hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kjl1956, Aug 2, 2021.

1. kjl1956 Win User

So why does my pc freeze each and every time I cold boot it, I have removed the xbox usb...

So why does my pc freeze each and every time I cold boot it, I have removed the Xbox USB controller but still the same issue I can see that the hard drive light stops blinking its blue light so I know the hard drive activity has stopped.The hard drive was cloned about 2 months ago so that should not be an issueDevice name DESKTOP-C7MSO9M Processor AMD Phenomtm II X6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB Device ID A124B619-4B73-478F-9774-10818CEF7118 Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA830 System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No pen or touch input is av

:)

kjl1956, Aug 2, 2021
  2. kyle2020 Win User

Cold boot issue, very frustrating!

its from a 100% cold boot. Ill try the overclock thing, and also run some memtest tonight.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I do appreciate it. That USB one seems strange but ill try it! *Toast :toast:

kyle2020, Aug 2, 2021
  3. com2ghz Win User
    Windows 10 PC keeps freezing when cold boot

TL;DR:

• PC having weird freezes after cold boot. The UI still reacts but after 10~30 seonds all done actions happen the same time.
    • I am wondering if this could be a defective CPU or PSU.

Since few months I am having problems with my computer. The first problems were BSOD's and getting freezes when under load.
    I updated my motherboard bios and also replaced it but it didn't affect.

The following problems I have with my first motherboard:

• Under load(like video encoding) or at random moments getting these BSOD: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT.
    • Freezes where the computer suddenly does nothing and the sound keeps hanging.

After some research I updated the bios and disabled Intel Turbo boost and also disabled all power saving options. This affected a little bit but it was impossible to encode a video. After 1 or 2 minutes I get a BSOD.

I replaced my Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 motherboard with a MSI Z97 Krait. Also replaced my 4x 2GB ram with 2x8GB The this helped noticable a lot. But still having occasionally freezes and BSOD when under load.

With my new MSI motherboard I'm having new problems. When doing a litteraly cold boot the next day windows keeps hanging for around 30 seconds. The freezing occurs several times within the first half hour. After the computer is warmed up, then It works normally(beside of the BSOD when under load).

When the computer is freezing, the Windows UI still reacts but I notice that the HDD led is constantly on so there is 100% disk activity. My mouse still moves. For example if I click on the start button or opening my web browser or navigating to a website, nothing happens and the cursor changes into a loading icon. After around 30 seconds all actions happen within a second. The disk load also is gone.

With the new MSI motherboard I can do:

• Blend teting(done for 1 hour before I cancelled)
    • Small FFT(done for 1 hour before I cancelled)
    • In-place-largge FFT's(crashes after 3 seconds)

This is my setup:

• MSI Z97 Krait with the latest bios update.
    • Intel I7 4890k
    • 2x Samsung 830 SSD 128GB RAID0
    • 1x Hitachi 2TB HDD
    • 2x 8GB Kingston KHX1866C10D3/8G
    • Coolermaster Silent power 1000w(frankenstein PSU from 2010)
    • Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 2GB
    • Windows 10 x64 Pro up to date.
    • Using ESET Nod32 virusscanner

Things I did:

• I reinstalled Windows 10 3 times now.
    • Changed my motherboard and ram
    • Runned Intel CPU diagnosis tool
    • Did memtest for few hours
    • Replaced my old Logitech G5 mouse with a Logitech G503. When doing a
      cold boot I was hearing sometimes a device unplug and plug sound. The
      mouse disappears for around 3 seconds and then comes back. This also
      happens in the first half hour. With my new mouse this problem is
      solved.
    • Removed my old Creative Xfi Xtreme Music sound card because windows 10
      kept uninstalling the drivers.
    • Put the Windows energy settings to High performance.
    • Sent my old Gigabyte Z97 HD3 motherboard RMA. The shop returned it because they tested it and didn't found any defect. They also told me that they runned 24 hour prime95 while I couldn't do it for longer than 5 seconds.
    • I put the VCORE to 1.3 volt which resulted into less BSOD.

After some search on the internet I found out that it could be a defective CPU or PSU.

Before I throw more money away I want to be sure what the source of my symptoms are.

com2ghz, Aug 2, 2021
  4. So why does my pc freeze each and every time I cold boot it, I have removed the xbox usb...

Win10 will ALWAYS freeze at the loading screen on cold boot, resetting after the freeze fixes it and it runs fine. How do I access what it is trying to load in the background?

The subject says it all. It will 100% of the time freeze with the spinning beads loading screen on cold boot. I have to hit the reset button on my tower and then it loads into windows just fine. Choosing "restart" from inside windows itself also boots without
    issue.

What I need is a diagnostic boot screen like used to be in WinXP. Where I can see the list of drivers\services being loading one by one and wait to see which one it "freezes" at on cold boot. I can't seem to "see behind" the Win10 load GUI load screen (unchecking
    GUI boot didn't help in MsConfig).

Any ideas on what the problem may be and if not HOW do I see what it's freezing at? Thanks!!

NorthernRanger, Aug 2, 2021
Thema:

So why does my pc freeze each and every time I cold boot it, I have removed the xbox usb...

1. So why does my pc freeze each and every time I cold boot it, I have removed the xbox usb... - Similar Threads - why does freeze

2. why does my pc have games freeze every so often despite my wifi working fine? could I get...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does my pc have games freeze every so often despite my wifi working fine? could I get...: System Model HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec0xxx Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 5.88 GB usable System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Nvidia GTX 1050here's my issue -...
  3. why does my pc have games freeze every so often despite my wifi working fine? could I get...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why does my pc have games freeze every so often despite my wifi working fine? could I get...: System Model HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec0xxx Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 5.88 GB usable System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Nvidia GTX 1050here's my issue -...
  4. Error message each time I boot my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error message each time I boot my PC: I always get this error message each time I boot my PC, please can anyone assist me on how to get it resolved thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-each-time-i-boot-my-pc/27e1c231-73ae-4966-a483-205410b73751
  5. Error message each time I boot my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message each time I boot my PC: I always get this error message each time I boot my PC, please can anyone assist me on how to get it resolved thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-each-time-i-boot-my-pc/27e1c231-73ae-4966-a483-205410b73751
  6. Error message each time I boot my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. why does my network adapter have to identify each time i restart or turn on my pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why does my network adapter have to identify each time i restart or turn on my pc: it takes about a minute each time i restart and turn on my desktop gaming pc using 20h2 i have done a clean install 3 times and early into the install as soon as im on my desktop it has to identify my network...
  8. BSODs every time i cold boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs every time i cold boot: i built a computer with aftermarket parts for intense workloads... but everytime i do a cold boot or turn it off completely, it displays a BSOD from various types 12b,1a, Live kernel 1a1,3b and so on... every time is a different error... the catch here is, once the BSOD...
  9. Why does my PC Freeze when booting to Windows USB?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does my PC Freeze when booting to Windows USB?: So, I am trying to install a fresh clean copy of Windows. I just created the Media Tool on a 16GB USB Drive. It just freezes at the Republic of Gamers logo. 145776
  10. Why do I have to change my password each time

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why do I have to change my password each time: Each time I want to open Microsoft they tell me my password is incorrect when I have just changed it. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-to-change-my-password-each-time/ac3a5b68-978b-43d9-8ea3-94cc8380dd0a"