Windows 10: socket exception:please try to modify registry values

Discus and support socket exception:please try to modify registry values in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a problem, ask for help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by karrarmix, Apr 10, 2020.

1. karrarmix Win User

socket exception:please try to modify registry values

I have a problem, ask for help

:)

karrarmix, Apr 10, 2020

2. socket exceptionsocket exception:please try to modify registry values :please try to modify registry values

I am getting Error "socket exceptionsocket exception:please try to modify registry values :please try to modify registry values" hot fix this.

kantharajaHS, Apr 10, 2020
  3. How to restore registry values?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You can perform system restore and check if it helps:

Perform System restore.

I suggest you to perform system restore and select a date prior to the changes which was done with the registry values and check if the issue gets fixed.

To perform System restore:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      System.
    • In the left pane, click on System Protection.
    • Select the option to system restore
      > next. It will show all restore points already created.
    • Select the date prior to the date on which you have made the registry changes.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article
    in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Try the above step and let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 10, 2020
  4. socket exception:please try to modify registry values

Error message "missing registry socket"

Hi Harry,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

I realize this may be frustrating. Now that you have me with you, let me take care of this.

Winsock or Windows Sockets is a technical specification that defines how Windows network software should access network services.

Let us try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Perform a Winsock Reset

• Open the Windows Start Screen or Start Menu and type
      cmd in the search box.
    • Right-click Command Prompt or cmd in the search results and select
      Run as Administrator.
    • Type netsh winsock reset in the Command Prompt window and press
      Enter. Wait for Windows to finish resetting your Winsock configuration.
    • Reboot your computer.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps suggested by

Suvarna Govinda
    (replied on February 16, 2016) and check if it helps.

"Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing" Connectivity Issues in Windows 10

"Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing" Connectivity Issues in Windows 10

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further

Abdul_Malik, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

socket exception:please try to modify registry values

1. socket exception:please try to modify registry values - Similar Threads - socket exception please

2. Are modified registry values reflected in gpedit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are modified registry values reflected in gpedit?: Per https://github.com/Fleex255/PolicyPlus/issues/46#issuecomment-1557005463:Some group policies have multiple registry entries associated with them, and while editing group policies edits the registry values, I don't believe that the reverse is true, so you lose track of...
  3. Are modified registry values reflected in gpedit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are modified registry values reflected in gpedit?: Per https://github.com/Fleex255/PolicyPlus/issues/46#issuecomment-1557005463:Some group policies have multiple registry entries associated with them, and while editing group policies edits the registry values, I don't believe that the reverse is true, so you lose track of...
  4. How to modify Registry values using Windows PowerShell

in Windows 10 News
    How to modify Registry values using Windows PowerShell: [ATTACH]A Registry entry can be easily modified using Registry Editor. However, in a case […] This article How to modify Registry values using Windows PowerShell first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Cannot modify ImagePath value data from Registry Editor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot modify ImagePath value data from Registry Editor: Hello! I'm trying to edit a registry key but it keeps having an error that says: [ATTACH] I tried changing permissions, it now looks like this: [ATTACH] It's still not working. I don't know what else to do. Help! Thanks for the answers!...
  6. Cannot modify ImagePath value data from Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot modify ImagePath value data from Registry Editor: Hello! I'm trying to edit a registry key but it keeps having an error that says: [ATTACH] I tried changing permissions, it now looks like this: [ATTACH] It's still not working. I don't know what else to do. Help! Thanks for the answers!...
  7. invalid value for registry

invalid value for registry: I can't open videos or photos, I've check solutions to this problem but none worked. [ATTACH] one of the websites that I've checked said that I should have Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe. registry but when I checked it in registry editor I didn't see any....
  8. Registry Modified

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry Modified: I believe that someone changed my registry values, probably an intruder program. I cannot access certain programs as it specifies that this application is managed by your organization but as it happens, I don't have any organization or control party. How can I set my registry...
  9. socket exception: please try to modify registry values

socket exception: please try to modify registry values: Hello everybody, i get this error message: "socket exception: please try to modify registry values" - this only occurs when I try to open a specific program, Gravotech 8.0.0.0 software for CNC-engraving. I already tried the following: 1 I ran the following commands...
  10. Invalid value for registry.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Invalid value for registry.: Hi, I would like to know if there is a possible way to disable the Windows auto update function indefinitely. Eventough I keep disabling them in the Windows Update Settings, somehow the computer end up updating windows again which results being a problem. I am a Windows...