Windows 10: Soft reboot not working for Windows 10 on a 1 year old Asus notebook

Discus and support Soft reboot not working for Windows 10 on a 1 year old Asus notebook in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, Windows 10 soft reboot fails to find an operating system. Cold power off/power on finds it fine. Feels like a link to the start of the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RichardArmitage, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Soft reboot not working for Windows 10 on a 1 year old Asus notebook

Hi,

Windows 10 soft reboot fails to find an operating system.

Cold power off/power on finds it fine.

Feels like a link to the start of the windows boot manager for soft reboots has got corrupted.

How can I reset that warm boot-up link link without reinstalling Windows?

with everything else to be installed on top of windows that would be a lot of hassle and probably not worthwhile

Thanks for any suggestions!

:)

RichardArmitage, Feb 3, 2020
  2. trogwolf Win User

ASUS Notebook K550JX Touchpad not recognized

On my one year old ASUS Notebook PC, Model number K550JX(-DM115D), I was running Windows 10 Pro without any noticeable problems. The license expired and I had no way to renew the license so I purchased a genuine Windows 10 Home CD and Key and installed
    that new OS. After install, I installed all of the driver software from ASUS.

The Touchpad would not work. I discovered that the Touchpad does not appear in the Systems Device list. I reinstalled Windows 10 and I reinstalled the ASUS drivers. The Touchpad is still not recognized by the OS and, so, still does not work.

Has anybody found a fix for this that makes Windows 10 Home recognize the Touchpad on the ASUS K550JX?

Thank you.

trogwolf, Feb 3, 2020
  3. touchpad gestures two finger scroll not working Asus 501

Hi there,

1. Go to N501VW | ASUS Global Downloads
    2. Download the latest ATK - ATKPackage driver
    3. Download the latest TouchPad - ASUS Smart Gesture (Touchpad Driver)
    4. Uninstall both the Touchpad driver and the Asus ATK package driver.
    5. Reboot
    6. First install ATKPackage driver (IMPORTANT to do this FIRST)
    7. Reboot
    8. Then install the TouchPad driver (may need to reboot)
    9. Test if all is working as it should

I had this same issue with my Asus UX305 when I upgraded to Windows version 1803 and doing the above steps solved the issue for me.

slicendice, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Soft reboot not working for Windows 10 on a 1 year old Asus notebook

How to fix ASUS notebook freezing & brightness issues after Windows 10 Upgrade?

Note: This solution could work on other ASUS models, but it was only tested on G73JH.

There are two keys to fixing this.

1. Drivers

The correct drivers for the notebook are bundled in a package you need to get from ASUS. Follow this upgrade sequence:
      • First, if the Windows 10 upgrade did not work using the automated process, install the ISO on an empty bootable USB drive.
      • After upgrading, let the laptop update everything from the Internet.
      • The Windows 7 drivers are not compatible with Windows 10, so do not reinstall any of the drivers from the original ATK package.
      • Install the latest Asus Windows 10 ATK package for laptop drivers.
    2. Registry Patches

The final step is recommended if you experience screen brightness issues.

Credit for fixing the issues goes to notebookreview forum

abdulazizalmass, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Soft reboot not working for Windows 10 on a 1 year old Asus notebook

1. Soft reboot not working for Windows 10 on a 1 year old Asus notebook - Similar Threads - Soft reboot working

2. Year 10 - 1 week work experience

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Year 10 - 1 week work experience: Dear all,I'm in year 10 and need to have a 1 week work experience between 24 - 28th of June 2024.I was wondering if Microsoft offers one week work experience programme in London for 15 year olds Year 10. I'm taking computer science for GCSE's and would like an insight in to...
  3. Year 10 - 1 week work experience

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Year 10 - 1 week work experience: Dear all,I'm in year 10 and need to have a 1 week work experience between 24 - 28th of June 2024.I was wondering if Microsoft offers one week work experience programme in London for 15 year olds Year 10. I'm taking computer science for GCSE's and would like an insight in to...
  4. Windows Soft Reboot Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Soft Reboot Issues: PC Part List Current Windows Update Version Hello, I've been having issues with my PC crashing, without power loss or BSOD. The screen would go black and then display the motherboard logo, followed by the login screen. This has been happening since I built my PC in early...
  5. Frequent Crashing/System reboot of 1 year old Computer, Event 41 Kernel Power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent Crashing/System reboot of 1 year old Computer, Event 41 Kernel Power: Hello there,For the last 2-3 weeks, I have been receiving Event 41 in my event viewer after crashes. Its making it hard to use my computer as I am regularly receiving crashes and it is hard to dedicate myself to any task out of fear of my entire system failing.I require using...
  6. Apps Not Working on ASUS Notebook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps Not Working on ASUS Notebook: I have a newer ASUS Notebook with a licensed copy of Windows 10 installed. I recently had to have the motherboard replaced. Everything was working well for about a month after I got my computer back. Then, all of the apps in have installed stopped working properly. The apps...
  7. asus vivo notebook

asus vivo notebook: it will not let me install google earth new laptop error 0x80070057 any advice? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-vivo-notebook/b84e8aeb-2dbc-4209-ac62-80e676cce6f0
  8. I have a 1 year old Lenovo 110s notebook that worked perfectly until windows 10 forced an...

I have a 1 year old Lenovo 110s notebook that worked perfectly until windows 10 forced an...: I can't get it back to windows 7, I've tried all the obvious fixes on all the forums including the creation of a recovery drive but no change so either Microsoft need to help me get rid of W10 or the laptop is useless and needs replacing . . What can I do ?...
  9. WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ON ASUS NOTEBOOK PLEASE.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ON ASUS NOTEBOOK PLEASE.: Hello can anyone please advise me how to download windows 10 on a asus notebook it keeps advising there is not enough disk space....
  10. My 1-Year-Old Windows 10 has stopped functioning correctly.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My 1-Year-Old Windows 10 has stopped functioning correctly.: For a few weeks now, my PC has been getting slower and slower, and I'm not really sure why considering it is only a year old. Very recently, everything has stopped working. First, my sound got destroyed, and I can't hear any sound with my headphones on or not (and no, it's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. soft reboot not working for window 10 on a