Windows 10: Soft Reboot vs Hard Reboot vs Restart vs Reset explained

Discus and support Soft Reboot vs Hard Reboot vs Restart vs Reset explained in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]I am sure you have heard about all these terms if you are using a Windows PC, or even a phone. While they might sound […] This article Soft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 17, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Soft Reboot vs Hard Reboot vs Restart vs Reset explained

WinClub, Feb 17, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

rebooting

Try turning off automatic restart on system failure and see if it is giving a blue-screen before it reboots. That might at least give you an error message or code so you can start your troubleshooting from there. Otherwise it is just a shot in the dark. It could be bad RAM, bad HDD, bad ODD, a bad cable somewhere, PSU dying, motherboard dying, a software issue and the list goes on...

http://z.about.com/6g/ip/284/29.htm?s=pcsupport

I don't think he ever said it reboots during the boot process. It just randomly reboots while the computer is running.

newtekie1, Feb 17, 2020
  3. rebooting

my bad, i was in a hurry

de.das.dude, Feb 17, 2020
  4. Soft Reboot vs Hard Reboot vs Restart vs Reset explained

SOFT RESET or HARD RESET

have a look at the following codes;

Factory settings reset. Type *#7780# and the phone's lock code (Nokia default lock code is 12345). This reset restores the phone's original settings.

Soft reset(reformat). Type *#7370# and the phone's lock code.

Warning!Soft reset deletes all the phone's data (C drive).

Hard reset. Switch the phone off. Press and hold three keys together, the green key, the * key and the number '3'. While you are holding these keys, switch the phone on. Don't release these three keys before you see the NOKIA logo.

Warning! Hard reset (as soft reset) wipes the C (phone memory) drive.

Hard reset for 5800; Press and hold green + red + multimedia button and turn the phone on at the same time.

Hard reset for N97; Press shift + space + delete and turn the phone on at the same time. Don't let the three keys before you see the NOKIA logo.

Hard reset for other S60v5 phones; press green + red + camera key and turn the phone on at the same time.

phonehacker, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

Soft Reboot vs Hard Reboot vs Restart vs Reset explained

1. Soft Reboot vs Hard Reboot vs Restart vs Reset explained - Similar Threads - Soft Reboot Hard

2. package vs application vs executable vs binary

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    package vs application vs executable vs binary: what is package, application, executable, binary? and what are the difference?Thanks,Mahendran. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/package-vs-application-vs-executable-vs-binary/5103d217-61af-4be5-bdbb-116537ab2b6e
  3. package vs application vs executable vs binary

in Windows 10 Gaming
    package vs application vs executable vs binary: what is package, application, executable, binary? and what are the difference?Thanks,Mahendran. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/package-vs-application-vs-executable-vs-binary/5103d217-61af-4be5-bdbb-116537ab2b6e
  4. package vs application vs executable vs binary

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Shutdown/start vs restart...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutdown/start vs restart...: what is the disparity in time duration for a shutdown/wait 20 sec./restarting @ 45 seconds, and restarting via WinKey+X/U/R @ 2 mins & 20+ secs In both cases no apps opened, of course. Clean slate and includes login....
  6. Shutdown/start vs restart...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shutdown/start vs restart...: what is the disparity in time duration for a shutdown/wait 20 sec./restarting @ 45 seconds, and restarting via WinKey+X/U/R @ 2 mins & 20+ secs In both cases no apps opened, of course. Clean slate and includes login....
  7. Repair vs Reset?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Repair vs Reset?: When looking through the settings of apps installed from the Windows Store, a common response to issues involving them refer to theRepair function. How is this different than the Reset function, especially for apps whose data is backed up in the cloud?...
  8. Windows 10 Fresh Start vs Reset vs Refresh vs Clean install

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Fresh Start vs Reset vs Refresh vs Clean install: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 Advanced Recovery option offers recovery solutions which can help you bring back Windows 10 to a working condition. These are extreme solutions when nothing else can be done. That said, before one uses one of these solutions, its [...] This post...
  9. Shadowprotect VS Macrium VS Terabyte

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Shadowprotect VS Macrium VS Terabyte: help me to decide wich one should i buy ?? i never use shadowprotect , but some forum tell me its better than macrium, but its more expensive for backup program.. just litlle curious, i ever use terabyte, but backup file size larger than reflect,, Reflect Shadowprotect...
  10. Reboot after Windows Update vs Shutdown and restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Reboot after Windows Update vs Shutdown and restart: Has anyone else noticed that after an update from Windows Update you "Must" do a Reboot for the installation/update to process. In prior versions of Windows when I would take an update, I might just wait until I shut the PC down for the night, and it would finish up in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. soft reset vs hard reset vs reboot