Windows 10: SoftEther VPN Server Crashes Windows 10 After Accepting A Connection

Discus and support SoftEther VPN Server Crashes Windows 10 After Accepting A Connection in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I installed SoftEther VPN since I need to be able to have more than one computer connect to my VPN simultaneously, and it appears Windows VPN doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Just Want This Thing To, Nov 25, 2020.

1. SoftEther VPN Server Crashes Windows 10 After Accepting A Connection

I installed SoftEther VPN since I need to be able to have more than one computer connect to my VPN simultaneously, and it appears Windows VPN doesn't support that.

However, as soon as another computer connects to the SoftEther VPN, the computer the server is located on crashes. Did not do this when I was using Windows VPN server.

Here is a link to the dump files and system info.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av-vH52y71t2iiZU9-7mXco83egN?e=1p93bL

Can anybody help me figure out why it is crashing or tell me how to get Windows 10 VPN server to accept more than one connection?

:)

Just Want This Thing To, Nov 25, 2020
  2. olga Win User

Connection could be established without network access!!

Hi guys , I used to make a personal VPN account of my current windows VPS with softether VPN server manager.recently it couldnot be registered on the network anymore while I reinstalled a new fresh windows server 2008R2 with new softether VPN.I even used the following instruction to fix the problem:https://www.wiknix.com/vpn-error-720/but after it, the internet connection of my PC would become unaccessible except accessing to concerned VPS through its IP !!!
    is there any suggestion for this issue?tnx for advanced

3. grecinos Win User
    Problems setting up a VPN server with a Synology NAS - Please help

Thanks for the quick response!

I'm using a Synology NAS configured as a VPN Server (on my LAN). I have a Spectrum Cable ISP for internet access. I've configured the router to forward the necessary packets required by the VPN server.

On the client side, I'm using a Windows 10 PC laptop. For testing purposes, I have it connected to a Mobile Wifi device. So, the server and client are on separate internet connections.

As per your suggestion, I'll likely switch to IPSEC. But for the moment, I'm going to leave it as is, for testing purposes.

grecinos, Nov 25, 2020
  4. SoftEther VPN Server Crashes Windows 10 After Accepting A Connection

VPN Server on Windows 10 not Working

Windows 10 uses the same method as the previous versions of Windows. However, Windows 10 appears to have a bug. It becomes clear when you do this:

• Delete any existing incoming VPN connections.
    • Reboot the machine.
    • Create an incoming VPN connection.
    • Type this command in a Command Console:

netstat -a | find "1723"The command should report that the machine is listening on port 1723. Your VPN server is now working.
    • Shut down Windows, then restart it.
    • Try this command again:

netstat -a | find "1723"

The command will probably report nothing about port 1723. Your VPN server is no longer working.
    The problem appears to be caused by the Windows 7 "Fast Startup Option". You can disable it by following this path:

Control Panel / Power Options / Change what the power buttons do / Change settings that are currently unavailable / remove the mark from the Fast Startup tick box.

Your VPN server should now survive a reboot.

BTW - Multiposting is frowned upon in these forums because it leads to duplication of effort. I suggest you either remove
    your duplicate post or include a link to this thread in it.

Frederik Long, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

SoftEther VPN Server Crashes Windows 10 After Accepting A Connection

1. SoftEther VPN Server Crashes Windows 10 After Accepting A Connection - Similar Threads - SoftEther VPN Server

2. Windows 10 Pro Crashing after connecting to VPN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro Crashing after connecting to VPN: Recently, every time I connect to a VPN my computer it crashes to a Windows blue screen. I'm lost, please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-crashing-after-connecting-to-vpn/901f9913-658f-41e6-aa00-0dd765cc9629
  3. Apps on Windows 10 could not connect to the server when VPN was on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps on Windows 10 could not connect to the server when VPN was on: I use Clash as my VPN and whenever I launch Clash, Mail app/Microsoft Store just could NOT connect to Internet. Everything goes just fine whenever I disconnect VPN. But for some work-related reason I have to use VPN all the time, is it possible if I could change some...
  4. Windows 10 64-bit Crashing After Connecting To Norten VPN

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 64-bit Crashing After Connecting To Norten VPN: When ever I connect to the VPN my computer blue screens, I've tried updating my drivers but there all up to date. when using event viewer I get Performance power management features on processor 1 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. for all of my processors....
  5. VPN Connected but Remote Server Not Connected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VPN Connected but Remote Server Not Connected: elloI Purchase HP Laptop Spectre Windows 10 Home editionNow My PC Configuration VPN in My Machine, Also Update Group Policy Configuration Then I want to connect remote server in my office PC then Getting ErrorPlease Check it and give me feed back ThanksAlpesh Patel...
  6. VPN connection causing Windows to crash

VPN connection causing Windows to crash: Hello! Whenever I start a VPN connection my Windows crashes within the minute. Could anybody, please, help me figure out what is going on? This is the link for the minidump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Asx6GGXIr2Fvg6MFmGdL8omMzeuFdQ?e=tcddt4 Thank you!...
  7. Can the built-in VPN server accept more than one incoming connection?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can the built-in VPN server accept more than one incoming connection?: I've managed to set up a VPN server on my home PC, but only one device can connect to it at a time. Each device is connecting with different credentials, and they all work if connected one-at-a-time. but if one device is already connected, then the other devices are refused...
  8. Windows 10 64-bit Crashing after connecting to VPN

Windows 10 64-bit Crashing after connecting to VPN: Hello, I've had this issue for a couple years, with two different VPN's. Tunnelbear, and IPVanish. The issue is that whenever I connect to the VPN, within about 5-10 minutes, my computer crashes to blue screen with the error "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA". I've tried...
  9. Multiple VPN connections to a hosted server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple VPN connections to a hosted server: Hello All I had a strange one for you this morning, We have demo kits that use a 4g router to transmit data to a software system on a hosted server, my question is using a VPN could we connect multiple 4g routers to 1 hosted system? using the same VPN Client on each...
  10. VPN server on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN server on Windows 10: How do I create my own Windows 10 VPN server so my iPhone and iPad can connect to it remotely ? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vpn-server-on-windows-10/cc3b85e1-84b3-48a1-aa40-0ead3cdb2ed7

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com