Windows 10: Software Center is trying to update to 1909 even when Winver reports it's already updated

Discus and support Software Center is trying to update to 1909 even when Winver reports it's already updated in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I've have a few people submit tickets for this. We would update their PC to 1909 via the Update Assistant because Software Center... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Austin Rowe Austin.Rowe, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Software Center is trying to update to 1909 even when Winver reports it's already updated

Hello everyone,

I've have a few people submit tickets for this. We would update their PC to 1909 via the Update Assistant because Software Center was failing to do it.

So far what I've done was:

1. Run dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
    2. Using configuration manager to manually run all actions
    3. Clearing the CCM cache files.

I know I provided limited information, but when I checked for log files on the user's computer, there was none to be found...

:)

Austin Rowe Austin.Rowe, Feb 4, 2021

2. Microsoft Download Center Updates

Quite a few new downloads popped up today on the Microsoft Download Center. Here's a list:
    * Windows Media Center Software Development Kit
    * Windows CE 5.0 Networked Media Device Feature Pack Monthly Update (July 2007)
    * Microsoft Forefront Server Security for SharePoint 10.x Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Server Network Load Balancing Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Identity Integration Server 2003 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Monthly Update (July 2007)
    * Microsoft Forefront Server Security for Exchange 10.0 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Windows CE .NET 4.2 Platform Builder Monthly Update (July 2007)

MS Download Center

HellasVagabond, Feb 4, 2021
  3. WINVER - How to hack Windows into reporting a different version number?

I've giving up trying to ORCA an .msi installer to allow software to install on W2K3 (v5.2). It take so much time and effort.

What about a simpler way? Just hack or replace a dll so that winver reports XP SP3 rather than W2K3 SP2. Then all XP software will load on my workstation. Including .exe installers.

Does anyone know how to do this? Must say, didnt find any useful tips after googling.

PS. pls dont suggest "right click properties run as..." This questions is for installers that are bombing saying "windows unknown" etc.

Completely Bonkers, Feb 4, 2021
  4. deving Win User

Software Center is trying to update to 1909 even when Winver reports it's already updated

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

Software Center is trying to update to 1909 even when Winver reports it's already updated

1. Software Center is trying to update to 1909 even when Winver reports it's already updated - Similar Threads - Software Center trying

2. Windows Update trying to install update that's already installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update trying to install update that's already installed: Windows Update is constantly trying to a install a windows update that's already installed. To be specific it's September 1st 2021-08 Cumulative Update Preview KB5005101 or September 14 2021-09 Cumulative Update KB5005565 I'm using Windows 10 21H1.This seems to be related to...
  3. Windows 10 1909 Update - Software Center shows "Installing"

Windows 10 1909 Update - Software Center shows "Installing": Hi, I was trying to upgrade my windows 10 from 1803 to 1909 through Software Center. I tried two times, it is failed - now i cannot see "retry" option in my Software Center This is happening last 22 days.... I cannot cancel the installation also. Can I...
  4. Software Center and Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Software Center and Windows Update: Hello, 1) What is the difference between Software Center and Windows Update ? 2) Can use these two simultaneously? 171444
  5. Feature Update 1903 is installed in Software Center but "Winver" still shows the older 1803...

Feature Update 1903 is installed in Software Center but "Winver" still shows the older 1803...: Hello everyone, so my laptop is a work, domain joined laptop currently sitting on 1803 version of Windows 10. Our organisation is running on 1903, I installed 1903 version via software centre and it installed successfully and restarted etc. But after the restart when I check...
  6. Still on Winver 1909

Still on Winver 1909: Shouldn't it have updated by now? - - - Updated - - - OS Build 18363.959 161520
  7. Trying to update Graphics software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trying to update Graphics software: I am trying to load the Blender 3D software download, and am told I will need "Open GL3.3. I'm running windows 10 on a 64 bit and I'm getting no where on loading it. Any suggestions?...
  8. Windows Update tries to install an already installed update

Windows Update tries to install an already installed update: Hello there. I noticed that windows update tries to install a display driver and it fails, because it already has installed it. This has been going on since the 2020 update release. I can't make it stop. Is there any way to make it "forget" or exclude this update? Somehow...
  9. Trying to update to 1909 this is nuts

Trying to update to 1909 this is nuts: I was trying to update my computer to fix my full disk. It got stuck at Downloading 100%. Then I tried to get help with "Get Help". The "virtual agent" restarted my progress and now I'm installing all over again! Why is your virtual helper this harmful? The error I got...
  10. Windows Update tries to install an already-installed update.

Windows Update tries to install an already-installed update.: Fix Windows Update or give the one from 8.1 or 7. The update in question is this: [ATTACH] Now I have already installed it manually by downloading it through Microsoft Catalogue since I know Windows Updates fail mostly. Here's the proof: [ATTACH]...