Windows 10: Software Centre Shows 'Installing' for very long time then shows 'Failed'

Discus and support Software Centre Shows 'Installing' for very long time then shows 'Failed' in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am using an Enterprise Version of Windows 10. We have fixed a newly installed Laptop for one of our colleague. After starting the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mehedi-Hassan, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Software Centre Shows 'Installing' for very long time then shows 'Failed'

Hello, I am using an Enterprise Version of Windows 10. We have fixed a newly installed Laptop for one of our colleague. After starting the computer while he was into the Software Center, it automatically started After Clicking on one Install button for one Program Installing multiple programs on the list at the same time. Among all 5-6 programs there was only One program which is installed. And for others it shows 'Failed'.

Now list of programs are there on the list as Failed and if I tried 'Retry' it does start installing but shows failed again.

Is there any way that I could reset the Software Center?

Software Centre Shows 'Installing' for very long time then shows 'Failed' 827cb130-c67e-4657-b985-ddb369c5d747?upload=true.png

Software Centre Shows 'Installing' for very long time then shows 'Failed' b99d60e9-3874-4fe7-b92c-c57157c6e5a3?upload=true.png

:)

Mehedi-Hassan, Sep 2, 2020

2. Windows 10 Startup Reset log in showing "preparing Windows" for long time

Since yesterday, Windows 10 Os' s taking longer time than usual to open, and on first screen of log in showing "preparing Windows" for long time and then goes directly to set up pin screen. After I skip the step, it takes to Microsoft password verification
    screen, then opens the desktop as reset and refreshed (i.e., no saved files in desktop, only few installed programs are there). After working and shutting down the PC, it again resets and shows as above to give pin and a new desktop. The computer is responding
    very slowly. Please suggest what steps to be taken to repair it. I don't want to reformat the pc.

Nadhiha Parveen, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Cliff S Win User
    How to get the Taskbar to show the long form of the time & date?

Is this what you're looking for?

At step 5 copy & past the long version into the short version's box.

Software Centre Shows 'Installing' for very long time then shows 'Failed' [​IMG]

Cliff S, Sep 2, 2020
  4. thorrrr Win User

Software Centre Shows 'Installing' for very long time then shows 'Failed'

Action Centre Not showing Facebook Twitter or eBay why?

Paul

You got further than me i get nothing i see updates in Twitter and Facebook noting appear in Action Centre!!!!

thorrrr, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Software Centre Shows 'Installing' for very long time then shows 'Failed'

1. Software Centre Shows 'Installing' for very long time then shows 'Failed' - Similar Threads - Software Centre Shows

2. Bitlocker is showing a trace Id for a long time!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker is showing a trace Id for a long time!!!: I am unable to access my laptop as bitlocker has detected unauthorised access. To find the key I have looked into various FAQs and instructions but on the Microsoft login it shows trace id for a long time. I have tried to use incognito as suggested in an faq as well, but it...
  3. Bitlocker is showing a trace Id for a long time!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker is showing a trace Id for a long time!!!: I am unable to access my laptop as bitlocker has detected unauthorised access. To find the key I have looked into various FAQs and instructions but on the Microsoft login it shows trace id for a long time. I have tried to use incognito as suggested in an faq as well, but it...
  4. Software Installation fails from Software Centre

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Software Installation fails from Software Centre: I have created an Application in SCCM. This will install an EXE file using the PowerShell Deployment toolkit.When I run the PowerShell query manually, it installs the software without any errors. My detection method is a registry key which I create in the script.Install...
  5. Software Installation fails from Software Centre

Software Installation fails from Software Centre: I have created an Application in SCCM. This will install an EXE file using the PowerShell Deployment toolkit.When I run the PowerShell query manually, it installs the software without any errors. My detection method is a registry key which I create in the script.Install...
  6. Software Installation fails from Software Centre

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Install updates very long

Install updates very long: I just restarted my laptop to update the system firmware and it's been 3 hours waiting for no progress, do I have to wait again or is my laptop is stuck? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-updates-very-long/5c3d4905-9d4d-4af0-ab42-1ccda290ab6f
  8. Tablet Mode not showing in the action centre!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tablet Mode not showing in the action centre!: Hi Everyone,I recently updated my windows. It is a few days since I have got the Update. Today when I was searching for tablet mode, I was not able to find it. Eventhough I do not have a touch screen, I like using that. I checked the setings and it was there but it was not...
  9. Foreign mark showing in centre of screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Foreign mark showing in centre of screen.: What is the cause of a small black coloured inverted triangle showing permanently in centre of screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/foreign-mark-showing-in-centre-of-screen/5b91ed8b-8c4c-44f6-8b18-62e2c9864451
  10. Very long time to restart!

in Windows 10 Support
    Very long time to restart!: Hi all, I'm having this issue since I upgraded to Win 10: when I click restart, my laptop becomes stuck on the restart screen for ages, even the hard drive doesn't show any signs of activity. Its only after like 15 mins or so the hard drive comes into life and the computer...