Windows 10: Software configuration ? ? Settings Issue ? Hacker ? Malware ? NO IDEA at this point.

Discus and support Software configuration ? ? Settings Issue ? Hacker ? Malware ? NO IDEA at this point. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi -- I believe that a scammer / hacker placed Malware on my PC ... via my Cellphone . I check files on IT wia USB . MY NEW Anti virus -- did a full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by usmule454, Apr 7, 2020.

1. usmule454 Win User

Software configuration ? ? Settings Issue ? Hacker ? Malware ? NO IDEA at this point.

Hi -- I believe that a scammer / hacker placed Malware on my PC ... via my Cellphone .

I check files on IT wia USB .

MY NEW Anti virus -- did a full scan -- and found nothing... BUT

I have seen signs of things like Assembly Language files in SOME reports.

I can go to them. I SUPPOSE -- for support .

My question is : I am running Windows 10 I always update to the most recent version

-- but that SEEMS to have stalled --on my current version.

Windows Update finds nothing either -- but is that because of something ELSE ?

I haven't THAT much skill.

I discovered this when someone got into my bank account... so I'm not real happy...

but That's a whole other tale.

Version :

Windows 10 Pro

Build : 18362.19h1

Release 1903-1202

I even tried downloading and running an installer from The Microsoft Catalog.

IT won't EVEN OPEN.

Can I fix this via a recovery of the Master Boot Record ?

I Don't OWN media -- though I could -- download them -- I don't know if it would open.

I know about SafeMode -- etc... but everything is SO interwoven / complex .

I can run a Command Prompt elevated

but don't know the commands to use ?

20 + years online -- and nobody has ever gotten into my bank account .

Is there a person with in microsoft I could go to... I do know about the MVP program ?

Links are no good-- because I don't know if I can trust them --it

makes my head spin because I work LONG HOURS ... and With the Corona Madness

and Mom in a nursing home ... my concentration is not at it's best.

Tomorrow is my day off -- So I am trying to get advice soon ... so I can run whatever I am suggested -- to fix this issue.

:)

usmule454, Apr 7, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Configure Wireless Access Point

I have an existing network using a Buffalo N300 wireless router configured as 192.168.11 and 255.255.255

I have recently purchased a Sony Bravia TV with internet capability and would like to connect a second router – the Belkin F5D-8233 – as an access point for the TV. As I already have the router, it is cheaper than me purchasing the Sony wireless dongle.

Essentially, the Buffalo is connected to my PC in one room and provides the internet access. The Belkin would be in another room, connected via Ethernet to the TV.

I have set the Belkin up to use 192.168.11.10 with the same SSID and security settings as the Buffalo. I have also set it up as an Access point.

I have connected the Belkin and the Buffalo together via the Ethernet LAN ports to try and do an initial configuration but I cannot see the Belkin when I do this even though the LAN ports light up.

Can someone give me step by step instructions on how to configure the Belkin so that it gets internet access wirelessly in the other room?

I have been able to confure the TV so that it sees and connects to the Belkin but obviously this is of little use unless it can connect to the internet through that connection.

Thanks, any help appreciated.

Lowtrawler, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Software configuration ? ? Settings Issue ? Hacker ? Malware ? NO IDEA at this point.

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Software configuration ? ? Settings Issue ? Hacker ? Malware ? NO IDEA at this point. - Similar Threads - Software configuration Settings

2. hacker / malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hacker / malware: I've been noticing a number of issues with my computer lately both on windows 10 and windows 11 i had just recently upgraded but these issues were a problem on windows 10 and i thought windows 11 would fix it but it did not,one issue is that my disk is always at 100% usage...
  3. hacker / malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hacker / malware: I've been noticing a number of issues with my computer lately both on windows 10 and windows 11 i had just recently upgraded but these issues were a problem on windows 10 and i thought windows 11 would fix it but it did not,one issue is that my disk is always at 100% usage...
  4. Setting a Restore Point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting a Restore Point: I wanted to set a restore point in Windows 10 21H2 and found that system protection for the C drive 500GB SSD was turned off. I selected the C drive and went to configure it to turn on and received this message "Using system protection on a drive that contains system image...
  5. Unknown Software, is it a ransomware or malware?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown Software, is it a ransomware or malware?: I noticed my PC had been getting slower to respond so I opened up the "Add or Remove Programs" The windows 10 oneAnd I noticed an unknown software with no name and which supposedly takes 3.44 TB even though my HDD is 1 TB total.The buttons are intermittently greyed out and...
  6. Malware infections are associated with unlicensed software

Malware infections are associated with unlicensed software: Globally, there is a strong and consistent correlation between using unlicensed software and encountering malware. So, the higher the usage of unlicensed software, the higher the risk of encountering malware. Unlicensed software may have viruses and would not have...
  7. Malware issues

Malware issues: I received an email that told me that the email before this one contained malware. How do I get my phone scanned and if there is anything get it fixed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/malware-issues/36134bfb-cdfa-4ee5-9c7d-9f923c1471a8
  8. Malware, no idea which one and how to get rid of it

Malware, no idea which one and how to get rid of it: Dear Community, it seems i have a malware but no idea what it does. I've runned Windows Defender full scan, offline scan and as extra Norton Anti-virus. Nothing seems to be wrong. After that i looked for anti malware software but the moment i use the word "malware" in...
  9. What is the best anti-malware software?

What is the best anti-malware software?: What is the best anti-malware software? 89402
  10. Hackers using recent MS Office vulnerabilities to distribute malware

in Windows 10 News
    Hackers using recent MS Office vulnerabilities to distribute malware: Hackers are exploiting vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office software to spread a sophisticated form of malware capable of stealing credentials, dropping additional malware, cryptocurrency mining and conducting distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks. The malware has...