Windows 10: software display drive issue, not hardware Dell E550 with Intel graphics, WDM driver

Discus and support software display drive issue, not hardware Dell E550 with Intel graphics, WDM driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Not sure what happened but a few months ago probably after an update the screen starts to randomly get garbled. it is a software issue as you can see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FrankFrankFrankY, Jan 30, 2021.

1. software display drive issue, not hardware Dell E550 with Intel graphics, WDM driver

Not sure what happened but a few months ago probably after an update the screen starts to randomly get garbled. it is a software issue as you can see from this screen shot, if it was the display itself windows wouldn't have copied it in the saved image Intel G45/G43 Express wddm 1.1

any thoughts on a solution? Tried generic driver but it doesn't detect a reasonable resolution for the LCD. 800/600 or 1024/768 instead of 1440/900

software display drive issue, not hardware Dell E550 with Intel graphics, WDM driver 9e67aabb-d046-4457-af13-bfeca6c0bcf6?upload=true.jpg

:)

FrankFrankFrankY, Jan 30, 2021

2. Intel HD Graphics Display Driver Windows 10

Hi Harpinder;

First, I want to thank you for replying and offering a possible solution to this problem. It is appreciated.

Second, don't assume that I didn't follow instructions or that I don't use web search (google/bing). I do. I use it heavily.

Third, the solution and instructions given did NOT work for me. No matter what I did - including extracting the Intel drivers and pointing the update drivers action to the extracted folder - I could not get the update to install. It always gave me the
    "you have the latest drivers" response. However, you did prompt me to think about another process I might try...

Forth, what did work for me is this...

• Download the Intel HD5000 drivers from this location. It is OK just to download the exe. But do NOT run the installer... just save it: Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 [15.40][4th Gen]
    • Open Device Manager
    • Open properties for Display Adapters > Intel HD Graphics 5000
    • Click Driver tab and then Uninstall button.
    • In the uninstall confirmation box, click the checkbox to "Delete the driver software for this device"
    • Click OK to proceed with the delete. The system will need to restart, and when it does it will come up with the Microsoft Basic Display driver listed in the Device Manager > Display Adapters.
    • Do NOT run scan for new hardware.
    • Run the Intel HD5000 driver installer that was downloaded in step #1.

Those are the steps that worked for me. It would be great to hear feedback on the steps that worked for others.

Norm Sash-ns, Jan 30, 2021
  3. Intel HD Graphics Driver

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue might have caused due to the outdated drivers of the Graphics display card.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I would also suggest you to update graphics drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Search for Display Adapters and expand it.

• Right click on the graphics driver
      and select Update driver software.
    Refer:
    How to update the graphics card drivers

If that doesn't help uninstall and reinstall latest graphic driver from manufacturer's website.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 30, 2021
  4. software display drive issue, not hardware Dell E550 with Intel graphics, WDM driver

Display adapters - Intel HD graphics driver

I have deleted and removed the display adapter for a Dell XPS 13 9380 . I have downloaded the Intel HD graphics driver from Dell Website but now i cannot see this in the list on my device manager. i dont know know what to do now.

thanks.

BrianMolloy, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

software display drive issue, not hardware Dell E550 with Intel graphics, WDM driver

1. software display drive issue, not hardware Dell E550 with Intel graphics, WDM driver - Similar Threads - software display drive

2. Intel HD graphics drive issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel HD graphics drive issue: HelloHp 17” windows 11intel core i5 iris xe 5 days oldI was in hp support and I had a message that said install intel HD graphics drive. So I clicked the prompts and it downloaded easily enough. But I was now having new issues with playing games I had previously downloaded....
  3. Intel HD graphics drive issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel HD graphics drive issue: HelloHp 17” windows 11intel core i5 iris xe 5 days oldI was in hp support and I had a message that said install intel HD graphics drive. So I clicked the prompts and it downloaded easily enough. But I was now having new issues with playing games I had previously downloaded....
  4. intel graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    intel graphics drivers: why did updating my intel graphics driver cause my game to freeze and crash? how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-graphics-drivers/55e0356e-a2a4-4eb2-b4a7-ff1d80810055
  5. Issue regarding the drivers of intel graphic card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue regarding the drivers of intel graphic card: I am using windows 10 in hp elitebook g2 820 Wheneverr I am installing the drivers of intel graphic card the screen goes black untill i disable the divers in safe mode and after disabling the drivers I can't even adjust my brightness.However the graphic card is perfectly...
  6. Display adapters - Intel HD graphics driver

Display adapters - Intel HD graphics driver: I have deleted and removed the display adapter for a Dell XPS 13 9380 . I have downloaded the Intel HD graphics driver from Dell Website but now i cannot see this in the list on my device manager. i dont know know what to do now. thanks....
  7. Intel Graphic Driver Downloading Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel Graphic Driver Downloading Issues: So i cant read any pop-ups because my graphics driver is outdated. So, i decided to download it. Now the issue is- the download application is also unreadable. I literally spammed random buttons because I couldnt read anything. What is this?[IMG]...
  8. Display Issues (Graphics Drivers?)

Display Issues (Graphics Drivers?): My Dell Inspiron Laptop, with Windows 10, suddenly seems to have a huge display / graphics driver problem. Everything was working fine yesterday, but today I started my laptop, only to find many problems: 1. I cannot adjust the brightness with the buttons on my keyboard 2....
  9. Intel Graphics Driver Issue!

Intel Graphics Driver Issue!: Hey guys, I have Lenovo X1 Carbon 5th Generation with latest Windows 10 64 bit updates! I see there is a glitch on videos while playing on VLC. I upgraded to latest drivers v20 from Lenovo website but having same issues. Any clue ? Regards. 119646
  10. Dell Latitude D610 - Intel 915GM Graphics Driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell Latitude D610 - Intel 915GM Graphics Driver: Has anyone found a modded Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family graphic. driver that will install on my old Dell Latitude D610 running Windows 10 x86? This is the only driver issue I have, audio is working fine. *Sad 46972