Windows 10: Software Distribution folder

Discus and support Software Distribution folder in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I wanted to know whether should I have to worry about contents of file location -> Software Distribution/Download cause I am seeing that after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bhim Charan Murmu, May 27, 2021.

1. Software Distribution folder

I wanted to know whether should I have to worry about contents of file location -> Software Distribution/Download cause I am seeing that after successful installation of Windows 10 updates.. The downloaded update files are soon removed after some time! Is this something new feature introduced in Windows 10 updating process or it's update implementation process!? My PC is currently on Windows 10 version 21H1 Build 19043.985.I need some help in this topic. Waiting for answers!!

:)

Bhim Charan Murmu, May 27, 2021
  2. TorrenceL Win User

Software Distribution folder

The software distribution folder is appearing on my extra drive where I have my user files pointing to, how do I direct windows 10 to put update materials onto the C drive where the system folder is?

TorrenceL, May 27, 2021
  3. John DeV Win User
    Windows software distribution folder

Hello Rishikumaar,

I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I'll be happy to assist you today. I understand you want to know if there will be any problem after clearing the contents for Software Distribution folder.

The answer is No. The Software Distribution folder is a vital component for Windows Update, which temporarily stores files needed to install new updates. It's safe to clear the content of the said folder because Windows 10 will always re-download all the necessary
    file and components, if removed. We always did this as a troubleshooting method if we're having trouble with Windows update.

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely

Independent Advisor

John DeV, May 27, 2021
  4. Software Distribution folder

Windows software distribution folder

Hello,

Recently I have cleared the space in SSD by clearing almost 10gb from windows software distribution folder. I cleared by pausing all the updates.

All my question is will there be any problem??

I typed this is run command:

C:\windows\SoftwareDistribution

Rishikumaar, May 27, 2021
Thema:

Software Distribution folder

1. Software Distribution folder - Similar Threads - Software Distribution folder

2. Can i delete download files in windows software distribution folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i delete download files in windows software distribution folder: Can i delete download files in windows software distribution its affect os crash or any other software crash please replay https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-download-files-in-windows-software/a21c7c3e-60f9-4a8f-b516-941f06c5afe1
  3. Can i delete download files in windows software distribution folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can i delete download files in windows software distribution folder: Can i delete download files in windows software distribution its affect os crash or any other software crash please replay https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-download-files-in-windows-software/a21c7c3e-60f9-4a8f-b516-941f06c5afe1
  4. Can i delete download files in windows software distribution folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. software distribution file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    software distribution file: i recently got a new lap top windows 11 homei seem to be missing some updatesi have been able to change the catroot to catroot.bak as suggestedbut when i try to change the softwaredistribution file i am not ablein command prompt i get a error in red saying the file or folder...
  6. software distribution file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    software distribution file: i recently got a new lap top windows 11 homei seem to be missing some updatesi have been able to change the catroot to catroot.bak as suggestedbut when i try to change the softwaredistribution file i am not ablein command prompt i get a error in red saying the file or folder...
  7. Windows Update not Installing the October update. Software Distribution folder is corrupt.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update not Installing the October update. Software Distribution folder is corrupt.: Been trying to fix this for the better part of 3 hours so maybe someone smarter than me can assist. I have been trying to download the October update for like a month now, and every time it fails, giving me error code 0x80070002. I did all the troubleshooting leading me to my...
  8. Windows software distribution folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows software distribution folder: Hello, Recently I have cleared the space in SSD by clearing almost 10gb from windows software distribution folder. I cleared by pausing all the updates. All my question is will there be any problem?? I typed this is run command: C:\windows\SoftwareDistribution...
  9. How do you disable software distribution folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you disable software distribution folder: How do you disable software distribution folder as it keeps downloading 10 gbs of data I don't want submitted by /u/thedarkgrimreaper1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/if1o7m/how_do_you_disable_software_distribution_folder/
  10. Corrupt Software Distribution Folder Caused Latest CU To Fail

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Corrupt Software Distribution Folder Caused Latest CU To Fail: It has been a while since I cleaned out the Widow Software Distribution Folder in my Windows 10 1709 partition and I am blaming it for the the failure to install the latest CU for this build After waiting for over an hour for KB4284819 (OS Build 16299.492) to fail, I rebooted...