Windows 10: software doesn't respond to shift + ctrl hotkeys

Discus and support software doesn't respond to shift + ctrl hotkeys in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, I have Windows 10 Home Version 1903. It's on a CyberpowerPC gaming desktop and I mostly do illustrations and when I use hotkeys like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lizbeth, Jan 12, 2020.

1. lizbeth Win User

software doesn't respond to shift + ctrl hotkeys

Hi Everyone,

I have Windows 10 Home Version 1903. It's on a CyberpowerPC gaming desktop and I mostly do illustrations and when I use hotkeys like shift + ctrl + s or shift + ctrl + e, my software doesn't respond to them so instead I get stuff like this appearing at the top right of my screen:

software doesn't respond to shift + ctrl hotkeys [​IMG]

This happens in multiple programs and is pretty frustrating. I've been looking up how to disable these hotkeys that seem to be for Windows but can only find settings for the windows button hotkeys, not shift + ctrl hotkeys.

Please help. Thank you in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

nevermind, I discovered it's from Radeon software and it takes my hotkey commands over my other software and I cleared all the hotkeys in the Radeon software.

:)

lizbeth, Jan 12, 2020
  2. illaccc Win User

Unable to configure hotkeys with Ctrl+Shift+Alt+<key>

Hi There!

Greetings!!

Unable to configure hotkey combination Ctrl+Shift+Alt+<key>. When tried to set it, Key strokes Ctrl+Shift+Alt are detected but combination key is not accepting. Able to configure other hotkey combinations like CTRL+Alt+<key> or Ctrl+<key> or Alt+<key>

Laptop: HP elitebook 8440p
    Processor: Intel core i5
    Graphic: Intel

Appreciate any help in this matter

Thank you

illaccc, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Ctrl+Shift+(number) Hotkey to View files not working

Iam refering to these hotkeys , Ctrl+Shift+(0 to 9) for variations in viewing different file sizes in file explorer.

I was able to use it before updating to 10586 build of november 2015 update.!

ManikantaAnkam, Jan 12, 2020
  4. G2C
    g2c Win User

keyboard hotkeys with ctrl partially working

Thanks Ken,
    Nirsoft does not find any used crtl+<number>
    I thought it might be chrome who's using this combination for tab switching but even after uninstalling it (with revo) the issue persisted. Even with just English with ctrl+0 and Hebrew is ctrl+1, only ctrl+0 works: I can go Hebrew with shift+left alt and back to English with ctrl+0. Also, the hotkey ctrl+1 becomes unassigned after reboot
    screenshot below

Thema:

1. software doesn't respond to shift + ctrl hotkeys - Similar Threads - software doesn't respond

2. Disabling Office Key ALT+SHIFT+CTRL+WIN hotkeys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Office Key ALT+SHIFT+CTRL+WIN hotkeys: I have a cat. She is lovely, but likes to rest on my keyboard from time to time. I would rather this not open Word, Excel, etc.Some Googling revealed that these hotkeys to open Office apps can't be easily disabled, which seems like a crude oversight. There is no world where I...
  3. Disabling Office Key ALT+SHIFT+CTRL+WIN hotkeys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling Office Key ALT+SHIFT+CTRL+WIN hotkeys: I have a cat. She is lovely, but likes to rest on my keyboard from time to time. I would rather this not open Word, Excel, etc.Some Googling revealed that these hotkeys to open Office apps can't be easily disabled, which seems like a crude oversight. There is no world where I...
  4. ctrl and shift key are not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ctrl and shift key are not responding: No matter I press it, it will not respond on my desktop. I tried to use it on different device, and it works fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrl-and-shift-key-are-not-responding/bec2272c-8a84-45d9-8e9a-bbe579a7303c
  5. ctrl and shift key are not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ctrl and shift key are not responding: No matter I press it, it will not respond on my desktop. I tried to use it on different device, and it works fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrl-and-shift-key-are-not-responding/bec2272c-8a84-45d9-8e9a-bbe579a7303c
  6. ctrl and shift key are not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How can I disable the CTRL+SHIFT hotkey to change input languages?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I disable the CTRL+SHIFT hotkey to change input languages?: All of the old tutorials dont work anymore, I believe they changed the setting in the settings in their ongoing quest to make windows as complicated as possible. submitted by /u/FuFuTurtle [link] [comments]...
  8. Outlook Hotkey Ctrl+Shift+M not creating a new message window

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook Hotkey Ctrl+Shift+M not creating a new message window: I recently got a new Dell Precision 5540 laptop that has Office 365 installed on it. When I attempt to use the Hotkey command CTRL+Shift+M to open a new message window nothing is happening. Is there any way I can check if another program is using the command? This worked on...
  9. Where do i disable hotkey ctrl+shift

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where do i disable hotkey ctrl+shift: Like ive been 2 hours searching for the answer, cause this shortcut is very big problem to me, whenever I play games, I need to lets say crouch and run at the same time and that changes my language and i cant switch items (1,2,3,4,5...), I cant delete my second language, i...
  10. Unable to configure hotkeys with Ctrl+Shift+Alt+<key>

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to configure hotkeys with Ctrl+Shift+Alt+<key>: Hi There! Greetings!! Unable to configure hotkey combination Ctrl+Shift+Alt+<key>. When tried to set it, Key strokes Ctrl+Shift+Alt are detected but combination key is not accepting. Able to configure other hotkey combinations like CTRL+Alt+<key> or Ctrl+<key> or...