Windows 10: Software/Driver disapeared after update

Discus and support Software/Driver disapeared after update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; There was a recent update including Servicing stack/cumulative update for windows 10. I am now missing multiple different software and drivers. Is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Maria Whittaker, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Software/Driver disapeared after update

There was a recent update including Servicing stack/cumulative update for windows 10. I am now missing multiple different software and drivers. Is this due to the update? Also is there any where to go to restore them or get them back?

:)

Maria Whittaker, Aug 13, 2019
  2. XVI
    xvi Win User

Driver update software

Windows Update should have a considerable amount of good drivers. They'll be listed under the "Optional Updates" section. That should give you rather good functionality right off the bat. If it's a branded PC, latest drivers will likely have to come from the manufacturer's website. For the most part, built-in drivers should be Good Enough™

I don't think I've run across an automagic driver installer that wasn't loaded with malware.

3. Why does driver update software disagree with device manager?

On a whim, I installed IObit's driver updater. to my surprise. Instead of blindly following its suggestions, I used the device manager to update the drivers. Yet some updates that IObit's software listed were not found by device manager. Why is this?

user173724, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Software/Driver disapeared after update

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Software/Driver disapeared after update

1. Software/Driver disapeared after update - Similar Threads - Software Driver disapeared

2. disapearing email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disapearing email: email only appears in app for 5 minutes then disappears ,must shut down and restart to again have access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disapearing-email/92ec90a6-b820-44e3-ad3b-d9e53a7d111f
  3. HOMEGROUP DISAPEARENCE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HOMEGROUP DISAPEARENCE: MY HOMEGOUP AND NETWORK COMPUTERS HACE DISAPEARED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/homegroup-disapearence/77c97ecc-ebf4-4659-bb9e-13fc374ba4cf
  4. scanner software and drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    scanner software and drivers: I have an epson v600 scanner, I downloaded the drivers from epson site. after installing drivers, when i try to use the program it says drivers not fond or softerware not found....
  5. Update made wifi adapter disapear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Update made wifi adapter disapear: A recent update removed my internet connection. My wi-fi adapter is no longer visible, only Bluetooth. I can still see the adapter in Device Manager, but not in Network Connections. I am using an Intel Compute Stick, running Windows 10 Home 32 bit on a x64 processor. The...
  6. Update Driver Software does nothing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update Driver Software does nothing: I'm attempting to install a driver using Device Manager. When I right click then click Update Driver Software, it does nothing. Same for when I click Properties and click the update there. I've tried clicking Uninstall on the device, it give the warning for uninstalling,...
  7. What is the best driver updater software for 2018?

What is the best driver updater software for 2018?: Hi I always thought that the computer can automatically update its application when new version came online. But yesterday i heard from my friend that there are many driver updater software which are used sometimes. But i want to ask whether these updating software are...
  8. Update Drivers using 3rd party software?

Update Drivers using 3rd party software?: I have just installed Driver Agent Plus and it shows 13 out of date drivers. Should I rely on Windows 10 to update necessary drivers or should I use a 3rd party program? If the latter is Driver Agent Plus a good choice.? My set-up is as I want it and I am a bit concerned new...
  9. Driver message after update: 'AMD Software has stopped working' - Why?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Driver message after update: 'AMD Software has stopped working' - Why?: Since I've built my new computer I get the message 'AMD Software has stopped working', see below. This happens with the latest, previous and even older versions of the driver. It doesn't seem to have a noticeable impact on the actual installation but surely something is...
  10. CD/DVD drives disapear after a Windows 10 update

CD/DVD drives disapear after a Windows 10 update: After I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro everything was fine on my desktop PC. Several days went by as I learned the new OS' interface. Then I got an update message telling me that a reboot was required for the updates to take effect. Blindly I went ahead and...