Windows 10: Software for finding duplicate files and folders

Discus and support Software for finding duplicate files and folders in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My main pc has over the years managed to get a lot of duplicate files and folders is there any software that will find them for me that is easy to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lawnmower74, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Software for finding duplicate files and folders

My main pc has over the years managed to get a lot of duplicate files and folders is there any software that will find them for me that is easy to use so i can delete them. I have win10 version 2004

:)

lawnmower74, Jul 26, 2020
  2. stevednmc Win User

File organizer software?

Hello all!

Im wondering if anyone has any suggestions for file organizing software, specifically software that can find duplicates and help weed them out. Im migrating some old stuff to my new build and seems I have a TON of duplicate files, but it will take me months to go through it all.

Free software would be great, but if its good Ill gladly pay.

Thanks!

stevednmc, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Finding duplicate files

i could use something like that...my goddamn dropbox account is FULL of duplicates, as is my local dropbox folder. such a pain in the ass.i have NO cluse where they are coming from

jboydgolfer, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Frick Win User

Software for finding duplicate files and folders

Finding duplicate files

Hey hey,

During the years the backups have just accumulated in random places, essentially, and I would like to clean up. Is there a program that can search for duplicate files? And by that I mean identical files. I tried dupeGuru, but that somehow found ... all files to be identical I guess? Like how a bunch of jpg's with different names, sizes and locations being marked 100% identical, or how a bunch of xls-files with completely different everything also were 100% matches with each other. I don't need any fancy functions, just a list of the files that share the name and filesize and created/last write dates.

Frick, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Software for finding duplicate files and folders

1. Software for finding duplicate files and folders - Similar Threads - Software finding duplicate

2. Duplicating folders and files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicating folders and files: When reinstalling a program if there are any program files or folders left behind from the same program what happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicating-folders-and-files/5b9d8df3-9cd7-4a19-8890-3c43adc203bb
  3. Duplicating folders and files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicating folders and files: When reinstalling a program if there are any program files or folders left behind from the same program what happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicating-folders-and-files/5b9d8df3-9cd7-4a19-8890-3c43adc203bb
  4. Duplicating folders and files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Duplicate Files and Folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duplicate Files and Folders: How can I remove duplicate files and folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-files-and-folders/25f61947-9acb-48a9-9604-177d7276afdb
  6. Find & Move Duplicate Files

Find & Move Duplicate Files: Files are in multiple folders on multiple external hard disk drives, 25x5 TB = 125 TB Tried, ABC Compare, & Anti Twin, Software but doesn’t work over multiple HDD's, only searches one drive. Someone said may need to plug all 25 external drives into PC and set up a raid...
  7. Duplicate File folders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Duplicate File folders: I have two identical file folders called BAS. Most of my business folders are in the BAS file. One BAS file is found in: This PC > Windows C: > Baile > Documents The other BAS file is found in: This PC Windows C: > Users > Baile > Documents Both reference...
  8. Find and remove duplicated files

Find and remove duplicated files: Use the app " Duplicated file remover“, Scan a hard disk. After a few hours, the screen shows conflict info "scanning duplicated 100%" and "remaining one file" for more than two hours. What should I do?. Wait more or cancel it....
  9. find & remove all duplicates files, sub-folders & folders

find & remove all duplicates files, sub-folders & folders: find & remove all duplicates files, sub-folders & folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-remove-all-duplicates-files-sub-folders/ad64d789-7028-4873-8e1b-2605dc973305"
  10. Duplicate files/folders

Duplicate files/folders: I am after some software that will help me remove duplicate files. In this case, some program seems to have recreated duplicate folders with just a file called "desktop.ini" in it. I would like to be able to search for that and remove all the corresponding duplicate...