Windows 10: Software/hardware requirements for Windows Hello Facial recognition

Discus and support Software/hardware requirements for Windows Hello Facial recognition in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I am considering develop an security software so that a user can use facial recognition to login in. To my knowledge, it would be a Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LCode_101, Sep 18, 2018.

1. LCode_101 Win User

Software/hardware requirements for Windows Hello Facial recognition

Hi,

I am considering develop an security software so that a user can use facial recognition to login in.

To my knowledge, it would be a Windows Hello solution(https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-hello).

However, I was wondering:

1. Can we use common build-in/External camera ?

On the Hello page, it mentioned "Hello-Enabled devices", seems it only support specific cameras, like Intel® RealSense ones, or specific models of table computers or laptops.

How can we/ Is it possible to use common ones, like Logitech C920, to build such a solution?

2. For Windows 7 / 8 , what is the minimum version to support the solution?

In other words, what are the OS requirements/patch(s) needed.

Failed to find a page list the requirements for the OS (Win 7/8/10)requirements to support Hello

Thank you~

:)

LCode_101, Sep 18, 2018
  2. Scott_Sta Win User

Windows Hello facial recognition hardware

Correct. Facial recognition requires an IR camera.

See this post for more details.

Windows Hello - Supported Camera List?

Scott_Sta, Sep 19, 2018
  3. facial recognition

Hello,

Facial Recognition was developed as part of the new security features of Windows 10. We would like to confirm if you are
    trying to turn off the Facial Recognition feature for Windows Hello or for the
    Windows 10 Camera app?

If you are requesting to turn off the Facial Recognition feature for Windows Hello, you can follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Under Picture password, click Remove.

However, we have yet to include the option to turn off Facial Recognition feature in Windows 10 Camera app. We suggest that you
    submit a suggestion to our Feedback Hub. Your feedback helps us continually improve your experience with our products. To submit a feedback, follow the instruction below:

• Open the Windows 10 Camera app.
    • Click the Gear icon located at the upper right corner of the screen.
    • Scroll down, click Send Feedback.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Jefferson Ore, Sep 19, 2018
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Facial recognition

Hello Bill,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we will know why the facial recognition quit working:

• Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?
    • Is there an error message when you try to sign using facial recognition?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

In the meantime, I would suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Software/hardware requirements for Windows Hello Facial recognition - Similar Threads - Software hardware requirements

2. Facial Recognition windows hello software device failing to load.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facial Recognition windows hello software device failing to load.: Its now happened with 2 different windows hello cameras. the software for facial recognition is not loading correctly. i have uninstalled many times and rebooted. Device name MyHome Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-Core Processor 4.20 GHz Installed RAM 64.0 GB 63.1 GB usable...
  3. Facial Recognition windows hello software device failing to load.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facial Recognition windows hello software device failing to load.: Its now happened with 2 different windows hello cameras. the software for facial recognition is not loading correctly. i have uninstalled many times and rebooted. Device name MyHome Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-Core Processor 4.20 GHz Installed RAM 64.0 GB 63.1 GB usable...
  4. can i require PIN and Facial Recognition for Windows Hello?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i require PIN and Facial Recognition for Windows Hello?: I would like to require use of PIN and Facial Recognition for Windows Hello for MFA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-require-pin-and-facial-recognition-for/7c70a589-9699-464a-b96d-c33f5a0c5597
  5. can i require PIN and Facial Recognition for Windows Hello?

can i require PIN and Facial Recognition for Windows Hello?: I would like to require use of PIN and Facial Recognition for Windows Hello for MFA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-require-pin-and-facial-recognition-for/7c70a589-9699-464a-b96d-c33f5a0c5597
  6. can i require PIN and Facial Recognition for Windows Hello?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Facial Recognition Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facial Recognition Windows Hello: I can't setup facial recognition in my Mi Notebook Pro Laptop, it seems "this option is currently unavailable". so how can I setup windows hello in my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facial-recognition-windows-hello/0cb2d4c9-610f-4f15-8505-3152bee55cba
  8. Facial Recognition Windows Hello

Facial Recognition Windows Hello: I can't setup facial recognition in my Mi Notebook Pro Laptop, it seems "this option is currently unavailable". so how can I setup windows hello in my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facial-recognition-windows-hello/0cb2d4c9-610f-4f15-8505-3152bee55cba
  9. Windows Hello Facial recognition not working

Windows Hello Facial recognition not working: Hey everyone,my windows 11 hello facial recognition is not working. As you can see below in the picture, my fingerprint are working perfectly but the facial recognition is not working. I don't know why?i have tried every method available in YouTube and online. but...
  10. Windows Hello Facial Recognition

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Facial Recognition: Its been 5 months since I bought my pc. I always update it when updates are available but Windows Hello Face is always unavailable. Can this issue be solved??...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hardware requirements for windows hello

2. windows hello face recognition requirements

3. windows hello hardware requirements

4. requirements for facial recognition,
  5. facial recognition hardware and software,
  6. hardware needed for facial recognition ,
  7. windows hello facial recognition hardware,
  8. hardware used in face recognition system,
  9. hardware for windows hello,
  10. face recogntion requirements in windows,
  11. requirements for facial recognition software,