Windows 10: software installation files go in to wrong onedrive folder

Discus and support software installation files go in to wrong onedrive folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My normal Onedrive folder is in f:\ and is working fine . I have found another in C:\Users\xxx\ which was presumably the default when windows was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by slashbracket, Jun 3, 2019.

1. software installation files go in to wrong onedrive folder

My normal Onedrive folder is in f:\ and is working fine . I have found another in C:\Users\xxx\ which was presumably the default when windows was installed. I don't want this onedrive but there are various word docs in there as well as other parts of software I have downloaded. When I install anything its necessary to check nothing will go into the unwanted onedrive folder. How do I fix this problem.

Hope someone has a solution - thanks for reading

:)

slashbracket, Jun 3, 2019

2. onedrive duplicating my folders...

Hi.

Again, onedrive is going crazy and is duplicating my main folder, full of subfolders. It's locking me out of all my files. I have windows 10, Office 365 home. I paused synch at the moment before I have 1000 copy of my folder, which I can't open anyway!
    Please don't ask me any question that will further delay the repair. Simply give me a step by step solution and then improve onedrive so this won't happen again to so many of us. I suggest you also add "onedrive" in the list of "Windows Topics" below since
    thousands of users have issues with it.

Thanks

Michel

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Michel Chiangmai, Jun 3, 2019
  3. Music Folder Behaving Badly in OneDrive

Hi Robert,

There is a possibility that the Music folder is synced to your OneDrive that is why any files deleted from either of the folders is synced to the other. For us to better assist you with the said folder, we'd like to ask for additional information:

• Can you please provide a screenshot of the Music folder from the OneDrive folder and home folder?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you were advised to do?
    We will wait for your quick response.

Jennifer Cha, Jun 3, 2019
  4. software installation files go in to wrong onedrive folder

OneDrive Temp Folder

Hi,

Thank you contacting Microsoft Community.

• What is the size of both OneDrive and OneDrive Temp folder?
    • Is all files syncing to OneDrive Temp folder or any specific files/folders?
    Get back to us with the required information to assist you further.

Sudheendra S, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

software installation files go in to wrong onedrive folder

1. software installation files go in to wrong onedrive folder - Similar Threads - software installation files

2. Everything related to folders seems to be going wrong...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Everything related to folders seems to be going wrong...: So, whenever I try to do something related to folders, the app is unresponsive.When I open the folders window and try to move a file for example, it goes Not Responding and freezes.When I try to download something, the Save As window goes unresponsive and all of my chrome...
  3. Everything related to folders seems to be going wrong...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything related to folders seems to be going wrong...: So, whenever I try to do something related to folders, the app is unresponsive.When I open the folders window and try to move a file for example, it goes Not Responding and freezes.When I try to download something, the Save As window goes unresponsive and all of my chrome...
  4. Everything related to folders seems to be going wrong...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Onedrive How to stop file go to onedrive in que

Onedrive How to stop file go to onedrive in que: There are two file that seem to be in a loop in the onedrive que. I have not been able to stop the transfer to onedrive. This has been going on for 24 hours. The same two file seem to be transfering then showing back up in que...
  6. Onedrive How to stop file go to onedrive in que

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive How to stop file go to onedrive in que: There are two file that seem to be in a loop in the onedrive que. I have not been able to stop the transfer to onedrive. This has been going on for 24 hours. The same two file seem to be transfering then showing back up in que...
  7. Onedrive File Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive File Folder: There us a file folder named OneDrive under C:\users\my name. I've no idea where if came from unless it was very early in my use of W10 when I explored OneDrive. I can't remove it because I keep getting messages about administrative privileges. Can someone tell me what the...
  8. OneDrive Shared Folder & Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Shared Folder & Files: I can't find the answer anywhere unfortunately. I must be doing something wrong.... I am moving from Google Drive to OneDrive and don't find this easy to do in OneDrive. How can I set a folder to non-editable, always shared without have to do it each and every time? I...
  9. Onedrive folder/file deletion

Onedrive folder/file deletion: Had this issue before today's cum update and still there. Local folders created within the default folders (Docs, Pictures, etc) can't be deleted and files within can't be either. If files is in a default folder vs a personally created sub-folder, they behave normally and I...
  10. Folders are doubled and go to wrong location

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders are doubled and go to wrong location: Hello! [img] As you can see, my files are kinda messed up...they are the incorrect names and go to wrong location. Currently both files go to my "Documents" location, i am unable to rename them and one thing i have noticed though is that when i go to change one of...