Windows 10: Software installation

Discus and support Software installation in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I can install virtually all software from any company and some even from Microsoft. Software I have used for a long time when trying to install updates... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GeoffLynn, Apr 16, 2021.

1. GeoffLynn Win User

Software installation

I can install virtually all software from any company and some even from Microsoft. Software I have used for a long time when trying to install updates I frequently get a message for instance: "Glasswire Setup was blocked because it could harm your computer" If I certify it as safe and want it anyway the message becomes "Error decompressing data! Corrupted installation."
    InPixio
    Being saved by Microsoft Defender System Shield even after I think I have disabled it.
    WinZip ""

And even Microsoft Edge with an expired certificate

:)

GeoffLynn, Apr 16, 2021
  2. Depth Win User

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Software installation

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

Software installation

1. Software installation - Similar Threads - Software installation

2. Messed up installing Fences software, now have lost 23GB of SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Messed up installing Fences software, now have lost 23GB of SSD: Hi Everyone, while installing Stardock Fences I broke off the installation half way through, and now have lost approx 23GB of my SSD. I figured it is more of a general Win10 problem rather than specifically a Fences issue, that's why I'm posting here rather than on the...
  3. When will we EVER get a say in what settings will be enabled or software installed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When will we EVER get a say in what settings will be enabled or software installed?: Updates are appreciated.However, updates that include changes to settings, or enabling features or adding software, or whatever you want to call it, without informing us is rather, well, rude. Call me provincial. I set up my computer to control distractions, and no, "Focus...
  4. The partation of Second Hard Disk is not showing in Duel Boot software installation. in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The partation of Second Hard Disk is not showing in Duel Boot software installation. in: Hi Dear One. Please help me i am facing a very critical problem I have to Hard Disk one is 128GB SSD window 10 and second one is 1TB HDD. when I am trying to install any android OS with duel boot Installation, in my HDD then its not showing their Partation for installation...
  5. Cause of low software installation speed in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cause of low software installation speed in windows 10: When installing SQL Server 2014 on Windows 10System processor performance was below 10% and system memory was below 20%. And installing sql server 2014 software took exactly 13 minutes. Why not use all the power of the system when installing the software to save time?Which...
  6. Third party software should ask to install files on the system drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Third party software should ask to install files on the system drive: The system should start in a few seconds. So it does when it is newly installed.Many users move the default location of Desktop, User data, Documents onto another drive.If Windows crashes, nothing is lost.Recently I had to reset reinstall the system, because the boot...
  7. Why wont my 64 bit system and 64 bit Windows 10 OS install 64 bit software?

Why wont my 64 bit system and 64 bit Windows 10 OS install 64 bit software?: Ok so I did a fresh install of a 64 bit windows 10 OS on my new Samsung Pro SSD hard drive. My computer is a Dell desktop 8900 64 bit system. I have confirmed all this in the "About PC" but when I try and install any 64 bit software I get the attached error. Any ideas what...
  8. error when installing software IGE+XAO

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error when installing software IGE+XAO: I'm installing engineering software on windows 10 build 2400, and at the end of the installation appears blue screen.when checking the eventview displays the following error:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 0xfffff80541874400,...
  9. A software named Vanta is not getting installed on my machine.

A software named Vanta is not getting installed on my machine.: On my laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Vanta agent is not getting installed. The prescribed method of running CLI Doctor for getting the details is not working out as there is no CLI Agent.What is happening in this particular Windows 10 Pro computer is ..Once I click Vanta exe to...
  10. How do I install any Software without Admin Rights

How do I install any Software without Admin Rights: How do i do install software without admin rights https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-any-software-without-admin-rights/0b2fe6a3-9005-4f7c-8650-93a82f0f8aff