Windows 10: Software installer must run as administrator or there is a problem

Discus and support Software installer must run as administrator or there is a problem in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My computer has only one account and it's an administrator account. I have UAC disabled. If I want to install something, I must run it as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by chriszhxi, Jul 6, 2016.

1. chriszhxi Win User

Software installer must run as administrator or there is a problem

My computer has only one account and it's an administrator account. I have UAC disabled.

If I want to install something, I must run it as administrator or it pops a window says "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package.A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run..."

I did some research, some say that should add administrator right to TEMP folder which I already have.

Any solution to this?

:)

chriszhxi, Jul 6, 2016

2. Internet explorer must be run as administrator

Hello Allen,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that after upgrading to Windows 10, Internet Explorer will open only in Administrator mode on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Ajesh D Souza” replied on May 15, 2013 in the following Microsoft Community link.

IE 10 will only open in Administrator mode.

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

For more information:

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Andre Da Costa” replied on January 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Jul 6, 2016
  3. Internet explorer must be run as administrator

After installing windows 10 I can only open Internet explorer as the administrator. Anyone know how to fix this?

AllenMarshall51, Jul 6, 2016
  4. Software installer must run as administrator or there is a problem

I have the exact same issue/question. Have you been able to resolve this?

robdam1001, Aug 17, 2016
Thema:

Software installer must run as administrator or there is a problem

1. Software installer must run as administrator or there is a problem - Similar Threads - Software installer must

2. Install Software Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install Software Problem: Hi, I'm using Windows 11. I'm trying to install the Canon Easy-PhotoPrint Editor Ver.1.6.5 software. When I installed something in the past I would see the message below but part of the message was continue to install. But now there isn't a option to install. How can I...
  3. installing problem in a software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing problem in a software: i'm not able to install the Typing Master in my laptop as it is showing "English Language not found" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-problem-in-a-software/f1349c12-be3d-4810-9fcc-87dd0079b388
  4. Administrator accounts must not be enumerated?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator accounts must not be enumerated?: I still not able to understand this following Group Policy as to me it just makes no sense at all. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/112434-hide-show-administrators-uac-standard-users-windows.html Here is my current User setup on a STANDALONE PC. Two LOCAL User accounts:...
  5. Not a single software run as administrator in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not a single software run as administrator in windows 10: Hello all, I am trying to use any software to run as administrator, but unable to run any program as administrator even i want to run cmd command prompt as run as administrator, but failed, The error it showing is : C:\ program files\Adobe\Reader9.0\Reader\AcroRd64.exe...
  6. Caller of DriverPackageInstall must be Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Caller of DriverPackageInstall must be Administrator: I can no longer repair, install or even uninstall my printer software on this Lenovo laptop with Win10. The printer is completely unavailable and cannot be found. I am and always have been the only user on this machine. How is that I am somehow not an administrator on my own...
  7. Software installation problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Software installation problem: I just purchased a new Surface Pro X with 64-bit ARM operating system whatever that means and purchased a drawing software package online Virtual Architect Pro that I downloaded. Near the end of the installation, I got an error message from the InstallAware Wizard...
  8. Software installation problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software installation problems: I have had a problem installing one piece of software. I thought the issue was with the product but now I've had exactly the same error message. It says there is not enough disc space yet there are 470Gb free space. Can anyone help please? Thanks 120600
  9. Software installation problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Software installation problems: I have had a problem installing one piece of software. I thought the issue was with the product but now I've had exactly the same error message. It says there is not enough disc space yet there are 470Gb free space. Can anyone help please? Thanks 120600
  10. "You must be an administrator running a console session to use fsc."

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "You must be an administrator running a console session to use fsc.": sfc /scannow worked well until I reinstalled Windows 10 version 1607 (build 14393.105) with a version 1607 (build 14393.10) .iso file, which buiid, I immediately updated back to build 14303.105. After reinstalling but a few of my previously installed apps and programs, I...