Windows 10: Software issue with keyboard i.e., typing Y opens up my calculator, typing A functions as...

Discus and support Software issue with keyboard i.e., typing Y opens up my calculator, typing A functions as... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello.I had recently acquired a new computer and keyboard.Everything was running smoothly until I was playing on steam. If you are familiar with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kalawin, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Kalawin Win User

Software issue with keyboard i.e., typing Y opens up my calculator, typing A functions as...

Hello.I had recently acquired a new computer and keyboard.Everything was running smoothly until I was playing on steam. If you are familiar with the Steam Overlay,it is basically a user interface where you can quickly access chats, invites, and friends list all in-game with the command Shift + Tab. However, I had received an invite on and unintentionally opened it in a video game where Shift and keys WASD are used for movement. After this incident, my keyboard layout hasn’t been the same. The solutions I tried:Factory resetting my PCTrying Left and Right CTRL + Shift + ALTChanging the Language

:)

Kalawin, Dec 3, 2021
  2. Stephendo Win User

Windows 10 Calculator keeps opening when typing on a Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard

This is really making me crazy. I've uninstalled calc.exe from Windows 10 but the OS keeps putting it back. I uninstall it because whenever I type using the keyboard multiple copies of Calculator open and change the mouse focus. I have also uninstalled
    the keyboard software but that didn't help. I have found no solution that works to stop this from occurring. Any suggestions?

Stephendo, Dec 3, 2021
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Issue with typing using keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with typing using keyboard.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which web browser are you using?
    • Are you facing this issue on all the web browsers?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Damaged hardware.

2. Missing Windows Updates.

3. Corrupt keyboard driver.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to connect an external keyboard and check if the issue persists or not.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install all available Windows Updates and devices drivers from the computer manufacturer website.

Method 3:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install latest keyboard driver from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Dec 3, 2021
  4. Software issue with keyboard i.e., typing Y opens up my calculator, typing A functions as...

Keyboard shortcut to open the calculator

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the below steps:

• Type "Calculator" in start menu.
    • Click on Calculator and drag it to desktop.
    • Right click on it and select Properties.
    • Now go to Shortcut tab and add a shortcut.
    • Click on OK.

You may also refer the following article for keyboard shortcuts:

Keyboard shortcuts

Keyboard shortcuts in Windows

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Dec 3, 2021
Thema:

Software issue with keyboard i.e., typing Y opens up my calculator, typing A functions as...

1. Software issue with keyboard i.e., typing Y opens up my calculator, typing A functions as... - Similar Threads - Software issue keyboard

2. I can't type "@" on my keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't type "@" on my keyboard: When i turned screen keyboard on I noticed keys format are different than common keyboard. Help me solve this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-type-on-my-keyboard/00134582-d83a-4208-bae2-0e095858c75b
  3. Keyboard typing and software bug issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard typing and software bug issues: My keyboard start typing strange words e as é or ë , ē and c as ç etc. And it's happening both in virtual keyboard and laptop inbuilt keyboard and whenever I connect any external keyboard then also do the same problem. And whenever keyboard start doing this problem one bug...
  4. Keyboard typing and software bug issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard typing and software bug issues: My keyboard start typing strange words e as é or ë , ē and c as ç etc. And it's happening both in virtual keyboard and laptop inbuilt keyboard and whenever I connect any external keyboard then also do the same problem. And whenever keyboard start doing this problem one bug...
  5. y type z in keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    y type z in keyboard: every time i press y in keyboard it type z and vice versa, i have us keyboard installed only.how to solve this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/y-type-z-in-keyboard/ef736094-77ad-4952-bbb2-c0c163470473
  6. y type z in keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    y type z in keyboard: every time i press y in keyboard it type z and vice versa, i have us keyboard installed only.how to solve this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/y-type-z-in-keyboard/ef736094-77ad-4952-bbb2-c0c163470473
  7. Software issue with keyboard i.e., typing Y opens up my calculator, typing A functions as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Software issue with keyboard i.e., typing Y opens up my calculator, typing A functions as...: Hello.I had recently acquired a new computer and keyboard.Everything was running smoothly until I was playing on steam. If you are familiar with the Steam Overlay,it is basically a user interface where you can quickly access chats, invites, and friends list all in-game with...
  8. Typing issues with my keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Typing issues with my keyboard: Special characters on my computer are all messed up. I have tried to fix the issue by reading various blogs/forums but it didn't help. Changed settings, added new language packs etc., but to no avail. Is there a way to fix it?...
  9. My keyboard is typing e or E instead of / and ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    My keyboard is typing e or E instead of / and ?: Yesterday, some strange things happened to my keyboard that, whenever I tried to type either / or ? I was keep getting the e or E instead, and it's very annoying. I've tried to find some tutorials online on how to undo it back, but most of them are for the French "é" or "É"...
  10. Keyboard typing issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard typing issue: hello everyone, for the last few months I have been struggling with a weird issue in my laptop keyboard. most of the times when I try to type, my keyboard second row buttons including a,d,f,j,l and 6 do not respond and I have to keep them pushed for very longer time to...