Windows 10: Software Licensing Service reported that the grace period expired, 0xC004F009

Discus and support Software Licensing Service reported that the grace period expired, 0xC004F009 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] When a copy of Windows is installed on a computer, it gets into a grace period. It means that one can use Windows without any restriction on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 28, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Software Licensing Service reported that the grace period expired, 0xC004F009

WinClub, Nov 28, 2018
  2. glnz Win User

Confusion between Licensed and Remaining Grace (too short) Office 365

I am the second user on our Office 365 Home - 64-bit install on Win 7 Pro 64-bit.

cscript ospp.vbs /dstatus shows
    "LICENSE STATUS: ---LICENSED---"
    but also "REMAINING GRACE: 58 days",
    but I SHOULD have at least 9½ months left in our first year.

Is this normal?

The full results are:

PRODUCT ID: 00201-[rest deleted]
    SKU ID: [deleted]
    LICENSE NAME: Office 16, Office16O365HomePremR_Subscription4 edition
    LICENSE DESCRIPTION: Office 16, TIMEBASED_SUB channel
    LICENSE STATUS: ---LICENSED---
    ERROR CODE: 0x4004FC04 (for information purposes only as the status is licensed)

ERROR DESCRIPTION: The Software Licensing Service reported that the application
    is running within the timebased validity period.
    REMAINING GRACE: 58 days (84565 minute(s) before expiring)
    Last 5 characters of installed product key: [deleted]

So why REMAINING GRACE: 58 days when it should be about 9½ months??

Thanks.

3. tigger Win User
    Vista Grace Period can be Extended to 120 Days

heres the contents of the slmgr file,some nteresting stuff,and it has all the commands listed.

[Strings]
    L_optInstallProductKey="ipk"
    L_optInstallProductKeyUsage="Install product key (replaces existing key)"
    L_optUninstallProductKey="upk"
    L_optUninstallProductKeyUsage="Uninstall product key"
    L_optActivateProduct="ato"
    L_optActivateProductUsage="Activate Windows"
    L_optDisplayInformation="dli"
    L_optDisplayInformationUsage="Display license information (default: current license)"
    L_optDisplayInformationVerbose="dlv"
    L_optDisplayInformationUsageVerbose="Display detailed license information (default: current license)"
    L_optExpirationDatime="xpr"
    L_optExpirationDatimeUsage="Expiration date for current license state"
    L_optClearPKeyFromRegistry="cpky"
    L_optClearPKeyFromRegistryUsage="Clear product key from the registry (prevents disclosure attacks)"
    L_optInstallLicense="ilc"
    L_optInstallLicenseUsage="Install license"
    L_optReinstallLicenses="rilc"
    L_optReinstallLicensesUsage="Re-install system license files"
    L_optDisplayIID="dti"
    L_optDisplayIIDUsage="Display Installation ID for offline activation"
    L_optPhoneActivateProduct="atp"
    L_optPhoneActivateProductUsage="Activate product with user-provided Confirmation ID"
    L_optReArmWindows="rearm"
    L_optReArmWindowsUsage="Reset the licensing status of the machine"
    L_optSetKmsName="skms"
    L_optSetKmsNameUsage="Set the name and/or the port for the KMS computer this machine will use"
    L_optClearKmsName="ckms"
    L_optClearKmsNameUsage="Clear name of KMS computer used (sets the port to the default)"
    L_optSetActivationInterval="sai"
    L_optSetActivationIntervalUsage="Set interval (minutes) for unactivated clients to attempt KMS connection. The activation interval must be between 15 minutes (min) and 30 days (max) although the default (2 hours) is recommended."
    L_optSetRenewalInterval="sri"
    L_optSetRenewalIntervalUsage="Set renewal interval (minutes) for activated clients to attempt KMS connection. The renewal interval must be between 15 minutes (min) and 30 days (max) although the default (7 days) is recommended."
    L_optSetKmsListenPort="sprt"
    L_optSetKmsListenPortUsage="Set TCP port KMS will use to communicate with clients"
    L_optSetDNS="sdns"
    L_optSetDNSUsage="Enable DNS publishing by KMS (default)"
    L_optClearDNS="cdns"
    L_optClearDNSUsage="Disable DNS publishing by KMS"
    L_optSetNormalPriority="spri"
    L_optSetNormalPriorityUsage="Set KMS priority to normal (default)"
    L_optClearNormalPriority="cpri"
    L_optClearNormalPriorityUsage="Set KMS priority to low"
    L_ParamsActivationID="<Activation ID>"
    L_ParamsActivationIDOptional="[Activation ID]"
    L_ParamsActIDOptional="[Activation ID | All]"
    L_ParamsProductKey="<Product Key>"
    L_ParamsLicenseFile="<License file>"
    L_ParamsPhoneActivate="<Confirmation ID>"
    L_ParamsSetKms="<Name[*Stick Out Tongue Software Licensing Service reported that the grace period expired, 0xC004F009 :port] | *Stick Out Tongue Software Licensing Service reported that the grace period expired, 0xC004F009 :port>"
    L_ParamsSetListenKmsPort="<Port>"
    L_ParamsSetActivationInterval="<Activation Interval>"
    L_ParamsSetRenewalInterval="<Renewal Interval>"
    L_MsgHelp_1="Windows Software Licensing Management Tool"
    L_MsgHelp_2="Usage: slmgr.vbs [MachineName [User Password]] [<Option>]"
    L_MsgHelp_3="MachineName: Name of remote machine (default is local machine)"
    L_MsgHelp_4="User: Account with required privilege on remote machine"
    L_MsgHelp_5="Password: password for the previous account"
    L_MsgGlobalOptions="Global Options:"
    L_MsgAdvancedOptions="Advanced Options:"
    L_MsgKmsClientOptions="Volume Licensing: Key Management Service (KMS) Client Options:"
    L_MsgKmsOptions="Volume Licensing: Key Management Service (KMS) Options:"
    L_MsgMissingOption="Option is missing and it must be provided"
    L_MsgUnrecognizedOption="Unrecognized option: "
    L_MsgErrorProductNotFound="Error: product not found."
    L_MsgClearedPKey="Product key from registry cleared successfully."
    L_MsgInstalledPKey="Installed product key %PKEY% successfully."
    L_MsgUninstalledPKey="Uninstalled product key successfully."
    L_MsgErrorPKey="Error: product key not found."
    L_MsgInstallationID="Installation ID: "
    L_MsgPhoneNumbers="Product activation telephone numbers can be obtained by searching the phone.inf file for the appropriate phone number for your location/country. You can open the phone.inf file from a Command Prompt or the Start Menu by running: notepad %systemroot%\system32\slui\phone.inf"
    L_MsgActivating="Activating %PRODUCTNAME% (%PRODUCTID%) ..."
    L_MsgActivated="Product activated successfully."
    L_MsgActivated_Failed="Error: Product activation failed."
    L_MsgConfID="Confirmation ID for product %ACTID% deposited successfully."
    L_MsgErrorDescription="Error description: "
    L_MsgErrorConnection="Error 0x%ERRCODE% occurred in connecting to server %COMPUTERNAME%."
    L_MsgErrorConnectionRegistry="Error 0x%ERRCODE% occurred in connecting to the registry on server %COMPUTERNAME%."
    L_MsgErrorImpersonation="Error 0x%ERRCODE% occurred in setting impersonation level."
    L_MsgErrorWMI="Error 0x%ERRCODE% occurred in creating a locator object."
    L_MsgErrorText_1="Access denied: the requested action requires elevated privileges."
    L_MsgErrorText_2="Could not find a KMS machine."
    L_MsgErrorText_3="The software licensing service reported that the requested permission is not available."
    L_MsgErrorText_4="The computer could not be activated. The returned count from your Key Management Service is insufficient."
    L_MsgErrorText_5="The computer could not be activated. The Key Management Service could not be reached."
    L_MsgErrorText_6="Run 'slui.exe 0x2a 0x%ERRCODE%' to display the error text."
    L_MsgErrorText_8="Error: "
    L_MsgErrorText_9="Error: option %OPTION% needs %PARAM%"
    L_MsgErrorText_10="The maximum allowed number of re-arms has been exceeded. You must re-install the OS before trying to re-arm again."
    L_MsgErrorText_11="The machine is running within the non-genuine grace period. Please run 'slui.exe 0x31' to go online and make the machine genuine."
    L_MsgLicenseFile="License file %LICENSEFILE% installed successfully."
    L_MsgKmsPriSetToLow="KMS priority set to Low"
    L_MsgKmsPriSetToNormal="KMS priority set to Normal"
    L_MsgWarningKmsPri="Warning: Priority can only be set on a KMS machine that is also activated."
    L_MsgKmsDnsPublishingDisabled="DNS publishing disabled"
    L_MsgKmsDnsPublishingEnabled="DNS publishing enabled"
    L_MsgKmsDnsPublishingWarning="Warning: DNS Publishing can only be set on a KMS machine that is also activated."
    L_MsgKmsPortSet="KMS port set to %PORT% successfully."
    L_MsgWarningKmsReboot="Warning: a KMS reboot is needed for this setting to take effect."
    L_MsgWarningKmsPort="Warning: KMS port can only be set on a KMS machine that is also activated."
    L_MsgRenewalSet="Volume renewal interval set to %RENEWAL% minutes successfully."
    L_MsgWarningRenewal="Warning: Volume renewal interval can only be set on a KMS machine that is also activated."
    L_MsgActivationSet="Volume activation interval set to %ACTIVATION% minutes successfully."
    L_MsgWarningActivation="Warning: Volume activation interval can only be set on a KMS machine that is also activated."
    L_MsgKmsNameSet="Key Management Service machine name set to %KMS% successfully."
    L_MsgKmsNameCleared="Key Management Service machine name cleared successfully."
    L_MsgRearm_1="Command completed successfully."
    L_MsgRearm_2="Please restart the system for the changes to take effect."
    L_MsgLicenseStatusUnlicensed="Windows is unlicensed"
    L_MsgLicenseStatusVL="Volume activation will expire %ENDDATE%"
    L_MsgLicenseStatusLicensed="The machine is permanently activated."
    L_MsgLicenseStatusInitialGrace="Initial grace period ends %ENDDATE%"
    L_MsgLicenseStatusAdditionalGrace="Additional grace period ends %ENDDATE%"
    L_MsgLicenseStatusNonGenuineGrace="Non-genuine grace period ends %ENDDATE%"
    L_MsgLicenseStatusUnlicensed_1="License Status: Unlicensed"
    L_MsgLicenseStatusLicensed_1="License Status: Licensed"
    L_MsgLicenseStatusVL_1="Volume activation expiration: %MINUTE% minute(s) (%DAY% day(s))"
    L_MsgLicenseStatusInitialGrace_1="License Status: Initial grace period"
    L_MsgLicenseStatusAdditionalGrace_1="License Status: Additional grace period (KMS license expired or hardware out of tolerance)"
    L_MsgLicenseStatusNonGenuineGrace_1="License Status: Non-genuine grace period."
    L_MsgLicenseStatusTimeRemaining="Time remaining: %MINUTE% minute(s) (%DAY% day(s))"
    L_MsgLicenseStatusUnknown="License Status: Unknown"
    L_MsgLicenseStatusEvalEndData="Evaluation End Date: "
    L_MsgReinstallingLicenses="Re-installing license files ..."
    L_MsgLicensesReinstalled="License files re-installed successfully."
    L_MsgServiceVersion="Software licensing service version: "
    L_MsgProductName="Name: "
    L_MsgProductDesc="Description: "
    L_MsgActID="Activation ID: "
    L_MsgAppID="Application ID: "
    L_MsgPID4="Extended PID: "
    L_MsgProcessorCertUrl="Processor Certificate URL: "
    L_MsgMachineCertUrl="Machine Certificate URL: "
    L_MsgUseLicenseCertUrl="Use License URL: "
    L_MsgPKeyCertUrl="Product Key Certificate URL: "
    L_MsgPartialPKey="Partial Product Key: "
    L_MsgErrorLicenseNotInUse="This license is not in use."
    L_MsgKmsInfo="Key Management Service client information"
    L_MsgCmid="Client Machine ID (CMID): "
    L_MsgRegisteredKmsName="Registered KMS machine name: "
    L_MsgKmsFromDnsUnavailable="DNS auto-discovery: KMS name not available"
    L_MsgKmsFromDns="KMS machine name from DNS: "
    L_MsgKmsPID4="KMS machine extended PID: "
    L_MsgActivationInterval="Activation interval: %INTERVAL% minutes"
    L_MsgRenewalInterval="Renewal interval: %INTERVAL% minutes"
    L_MsgKmsEnabled="Key Management Service is enabled on this machine"
    L_MsgKmsCurrentCount="Current count: "
    L_MsgKmsListeningOnPort="Listening on Port: "
    L_MsgKmsPriNormal="KMS priority: Normal"
    L_MsgKmsPriLow="KMS priority: Low"
    L_MsgInvalidDataError="Error: The data is invalid"

tigger, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Software Licensing Service reported that the grace period expired, 0xC004F009

How to stop activation expiration impending notices

Well if I am reading the code right there is no license for this product.

L_MsgError_C004C001="The activation server determined the specified product key is invalid"

L_MsgError_C004C003="The activation server determined the specified product key is blocked"

L_MsgError_C004C017="The activation server determined the specified product key has been blocked for this geographic location."

L_MsgError_C004B100="The activation server determined that the computer could not be activated"

L_MsgError_C004C008="The activation server determined that the specified product key could not be used"

L_MsgError_C004C020="The activation server reported that the Multiple Activation Key has exceeded its limit"

L_MsgError_C004C021="The activation server reported that the Multiple Activation Key extension limit has been exceeded"

L_MsgError_C004D307="The maximum allowed number of re-arms has been exceeded. You must re-install the OS before trying to re-arm again"

L_MsgError_C004F009="The software Licensing Service reported that the grace period expired"

L_MsgError_C004F00F="The Software Licensing Server reported that the hardware ID binding is beyond level of tolerance"

L_MsgError_C004F014="The Software Licensing Service reported that the product key is not available"

L_MsgError_C004F025="Access denied: the requested action requires elevated privileges"

L_MsgError_C004F02C="The software Licensing Service reported that the format for the offline activation data is incorrect"

L_MsgError_C004F035="The software Licensing Service reported that the computer could not be activated with a Volume license product key. Volume licensed systems require upgrading from a qualified operating system. Please contact your system administrator or
    use a different type of key"

L_MsgError_C004F038="The software Licensing Service reported that the computer could not be activated. The count reported by your Key Management Service (KMS) is insufficient. Please contact your system administrator"

L_MsgError_C004F039="The software Licensing Service reported that the computer could not be activated. The Key Management Service (KMS) is not enabled"

L_MsgError_C004F041="The software Licensing Service determined that the Key Management Server (KMS) is not activated. KMS needs to be activated"

L_MsgError_C004F042="The software Licensing Service determined that the specified Key Management Service (KMS) cannot be used"

L_MsgError_C004F050="The Software Licensing Service reported that the product key is invalid"

L_MsgError_C004F051="The software Licensing Service reported that the product key is blocked"

L_MsgError_C004F064="The software Licensing Service reported that the non-Genuine grace period expired"

L_MsgError_C004F065="The software Licensing Service reported that the application is running within the valid non-genuine period"

L_MsgError_C004F066="The Software Licensing Service reported that the product SKU is not found"

L_MsgError_C004F06B="The software Licensing Service determined that it is running in a virtual machine. The Key Management Service (KMS) is not supported in this mode"

L_MsgError_C004F074="The Software Licensing Service reported that the computer could not be activated. No Key Management Service (KMS) could be contacted. Please see the Application Event Log for additional information."

L_MsgError_C004F075="The Software Licensing Service reported that the operation cannot be completed because the service is stopping"

L_MsgError_C004F304="The Software Licensing Service reported that required license could not be found."

L_MsgError_C004F305="The Software Licensing Service reported that there are no certificates found in the system that could activate the product."

L_MsgError_C004F30A="The Software Licensing Service reported that the computer could not be activated. The certificate does not match the conditions in the license."

L_MsgError_C004F30D="The Software Licensing Service reported that the computer could not be activated. The thumbprint is invalid."

L_MsgError_C004F30E="The Software Licensing Service reported that the computer could not be activated. A certificate for the thumbprint could not be found."

L_MsgError_C004F30F="The Software Licensing Service reported that the computer could not be activated. The certificate does not match the criteria specified in the issuance license."

L_MsgError_C004F310="The Software Licensing Service reported that the computer could not be activated. The certificate does not match the trust point identifier (TPID) specified in the issuance license."

L_MsgError_C004F311="The Software Licensing Service reported that the computer could not be activated. A soft token cannot be used for activation."

L_MsgError_C004F312="The Software Licensing Service reported that the computer could not be activated. The certificate cannot be used because its private key is exportable."

L_MsgError_5="Access denied: the requested action requires elevated privileges"

L_MsgError_80070005="Access denied: the requested action requires elevated privileges"

L_MsgError_80070057="The parameter is incorrect"

L_MsgError_8007232A="DNS server failure"

L_MsgError_8007232B="DNS name does not exist"

L_MsgError_800706BA="The RPC server is unavailable"

L_MsgError_8007251D="No records found for DNS query"

I was given a refurbished computer running 8.1. i was sent an email saying I coulod register for notification and download for windows ten so I signed up and got it downloaded. I updated to ten and everything worked until the activation stopped on that version
    and shut me out of my computer. I then reinstalled ten and it worked fine until today when it updated ten. I started getting the your activation is going to expire soon. I tried contacting support to no avail. I cant be without the computer. My livelihood
    depends on it.

captstadia, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Software Licensing Service reported that the grace period expired, 0xC004F009

1. Software Licensing Service reported that the grace period expired, 0xC004F009 - Similar Threads - Software Licensing Service

2. License is expiring

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    License is expiring: My license shows it is expiring I dont know why. It is activated properly and no changes made even the motherboard. I dont need to buy a new license it should be permanent on my computer. Someone tell me what is going on....
  3. License is expiring

in Windows 10 Gaming
    License is expiring: My license shows it is expiring I dont know why. It is activated properly and no changes made even the motherboard. I dont need to buy a new license it should be permanent on my computer. Someone tell me what is going on....
  4. License is expiring

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. licenses expire

licenses expire: my windows 10 pro licenses will expire soon how do i renew it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/licenses-expire/75fc65ba-2360-468e-b38c-64e6a6b13e07
  6. The Software Licensing Service reported that the product key is not available

in Windows 10 News
    The Software Licensing Service reported that the product key is not available: [ATTACH]After upgrading the PC to Windows 10 from an earlier version, when users attempted […] This article The Software Licensing Service reported that the product key is not available first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Error 0xC004E003: The Software Licensing Service reported that license evaluation failed...

Error 0xC004E003: The Software Licensing Service reported that license evaluation failed...: I am getting a new error when I try to activate my key that I finally found I get error 0xC004E003: The Software Licensing Service reported that license evaluation failed. I'm trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. ***Modified title from: So update on trying to...
  8. trial period expired

in Windows 10 Customization
    trial period expired: i just installed win 10 on a new computer , when it boots up , i cannot even open the start menu , it gives error that the trial version for that app has expired and i need to go to the store and update. the desktop is not even working , i really could use some help...
  9. Roll-back Grace Period Reduction

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Roll-back Grace Period Reduction: When does the grace period change from 90 to 10 days (and from when)? I upgraded from 7 to 10 on July 26 and show no updates, Anniversary or otherwise. It has been 13 days since then and my computer shows no Roll-back available. Is my 10 days up? 59397
  10. Change Screen Saver Password Grace Period in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Screen Saver Password Grace Period in Windows: How to: Change Screen Saver Password Grace Period in Windows How to Change Screen Saver Grace Period to Bypass Password Protection in Windows When you turn on password protection of a screen saver, it is not effective immediately. There is a 5 second delay by default...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. The Software Licensing Service reported that the validity period expired

2. the software licensing service reported that the grace period expired.

3. the software licensing service reported that the grace period expired

4. windows kms activation timeout period expiration,
  5. 0xc004f009 (grace time expired),
  6. he Software Licensing Service reported that the license is not installed.<Product activation f,
  7. he Software Licensing Service reported that the grace period expired,
  8. error description: the software licensing service reported that the application is running within the timebased validity period.,
  9. ERROR DESCRIPTION: The Software Licensing Service reported that the grace period expired.Last 5 characters of installed product key:,
  10. Software Licensing Service reported that the grace period expired,
  11. error code: 0xc004f009 gace period fix 365 office,
  12. The software Licensing Service reported that the non-Genuine grace period expired,
  13. error description: the software licensing service reported that the application is running within the timebased validity period,
  14. the certificate does not match the trust point identifier tpid specified in the issuance license,
  15. 0xC004F009 the software licensing service