Windows 10: Software not getting internet access but I can still access YouTube, need help!

Discus and support Software not getting internet access but I can still access YouTube, need help! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/Litzzer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jri26u/software_not_getting_internet_access_but_i_can/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Litzzer, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Software not getting internet access but I can still access YouTube, need help!

/u/Litzzer, Nov 10, 2020

2. Unable to access YouTube websites on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the YouTube on Windows browsers, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code while trying to access the web pages?
    • Does this issue specific only with YouTube?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Try the below workarounds to identify what is causing the issue:

• Try to access YouTube in different browser and check if it is working fine. This will let us know if the issue is with the website/ the Microsoft browsers.
    • Also, try to access different website on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.

Try the below troubleshooting steps to access the website and check if it helps.

Method 1: For Internet Explorer

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type
      troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance
      and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue is only on Internet Explorer and to specific website, I suggest you to view the website in compatibility view to check if the issue is confined to compatibility.

Steps to view the website in compatibility view:

• Open Internet Explorer
      and open the website.
    • Click on Gear/ Settings icon at the right-top corner of the window.
    • Click on Compatibility View Settings, click on Add
      to add the website and click on Close.
    • Reopen the website and check if the issue persists.

Step 3: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to access the website in
    InPrivate mode and check.

InPrivate Browsing enables you to surf the web without leaving a trail in Internet Explorer. This helps prevent anyone else who might be using your computer from seeing what sites you visited and what you looked at on the web. You can start InPrivate
    Browsing from the New Tab page or the Safety button.

Steps to open the browser in InPrivate mode:

Open Internet Explorer, press Shift+Ctrl+P
    to open the browser in InPrivate mode and try to access the website.

Method 2: For Microsoft Edge:

I suggest you to check if the Adobe Flash player is enabled on Microsoft Edge.

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More actions
      (...) in the right-top corner of Microsoft Edge window.
    • Click on Settings, scroll down and click on
      Advanced settings
    • Enable Use Adobe Flash Player
    • Check if the issue persists with accessing the YouTube websites.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status to access YouTube website on Microsoft browsers for further

assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Cronic Win User
    No internet access

Im working on helping someone get there computer set up on my network, but i cant get it to get internet. The computer connects to the network, has full signal bars, but no internet access.

Whats ive tried to far
    flushing dns
    restarting router
    ipconfig commands

everything ive looked at seems like it should work, but im getting nowhere. Any1 have any thoughts on this

Cronic, Nov 10, 2020
  4. Software not getting internet access but I can still access YouTube, need help!

I can't access Youtube in any browser

Hi Rebecca,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Do you face the issue only with Youtube?

Is the computer connected to the Internet?

If you are not able to access only Youtube.

Try to ping the Youtube website and let us know the reply that you receive, to do so follow these steps:

• Press Win + X key on the keyboard and select Command Prompt(admin).
    • Type ping www.google.com
    Get back to us with the details for further assistance.

Ravinath P, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Software not getting internet access but I can still access YouTube, need help!

1. Software not getting internet access but I can still access YouTube, need help! - Similar Threads - Software getting internet

2. Can not access to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not access to the internet: Hi There.I have got Sony vaio laptop / internet explorer xp and I have recovered it recently then after I cannot access to the internet: every time I get a message: windows was unable to find certificate to log you on to the network talk talk...... ???!!!How can I fix the...
  3. Can not access to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not access to the internet: Hi There.I have got Sony vaio laptop / internet explorer xp and I have recovered it recently then after I cannot access to the internet: every time I get a message: windows was unable to find certificate to log you on to the network talk talk...... ???!!!How can I fix the...
  4. I get no internet access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I get no internet access: Whenever i connect to a network it says no acess https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-no-internet-access/7d1bb199-260d-430f-92ce-722f4875dd47
  5. I get no access to the internet

I get no access to the internet: So i fixed my orginal problem being that all the networks were gone but i ran back into the problem that caused it. Whenever i go and connect to a network i get no internet acess...
  6. a program that can block internet access of another software?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a program that can block internet access of another software?: window firewall is no go for me, it blue screen randomly once every 1-2 days due to wifi issue and spent days trying out 4 different wifi cards and 4-5 drivers over a span of half year with no improvement. need a software that can block internet access for current process or...
  7. no internet access but still can surf internet

no internet access but still can surf internet: Name: Ethernet Description: Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller Physical address MAC: 48:ba:4e:aa:1b:fe Status: Not operational Maximum transmission unit: 1500 IPv4 address: 169.254.9.79/16 IPv6 address: fe80::dd53:f881:d264:94f%18/64 DNS servers: 120.138.98.18, 120.138.96.18...
  8. Youtube Access

Youtube Access: Hi, I cannot access YouTube as every time I attempt to use it, a blank page comes up and states - 'Cannot securely connect to this page. This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s...
  9. Problem accessing YouTube! and the internet

in Browsers and Email
    Problem accessing YouTube! and the internet: Okay. So, I am on my Laptop (My computer for now until my new one is finished) and my mom was on her Desktop PC. We are having issues accessing certain websites. To start, so far its YouTube! on her end. Mine was having issues accessing the Microsoft Edge home screen. So I...
  10. Can no longer access home network still have access to internet - Wifi

Can no longer access home network still have access to internet - Wifi: I've never had a problem but all of a sudden my laptop cannot access my network to see other computers and printers through Wi-Fi. Ethernet connection sees the other computers. Internet works fine. It also shows the laptop when I pull up the router settings. The homegroup is...