Windows 10: Software not installing in the C:\ drive

Discus and support Software not installing in the C:\ drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As the title says new applications installed in a new installation of Windows 10 are installing in a drive other than the C:\ drive. This is new. All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hip2b2, Feb 10, 2019.

1. hip2b2 Win User

Software not installing in the C:\ drive

As the title says new applications installed in a new installation of Windows 10 are installing in a drive other than the C:\ drive. This is new. All was working until about 2 weeks after I turned the computer over to my wife (it's hers).

As you can see the c:\ drive in in fact set as the programs drive. I'll be happy to provide any other screenshots to help debug this issue. Right now MY WIFE IS NOT HAPPY!!! Please help bring joy back to our house.
    screenshot4.pdf

:)

hip2b2, Feb 10, 2019
  2. little cat, Feb 10, 2019
  3. All drives except c drive are not showing.

Hi Premanandra,

For us to narrow down your concern with your C drive, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Software not installing in the C:\ drive

Vista Beta 2 Installed

Well first I defragged the drive, then go into partition magic and select "create a new partition" and make sure it is "after c:"

Then click the rest of the way through the menus, and in the lower left there is a list of pending activites and click "apply" and you will have to restart and before windows boots partition magic does its thing.

wazzledoozle, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Software not installing in the C:\ drive

1. Software not installing in the C:\ drive - Similar Threads - Software installing drive

2. installing a new C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing a new C drive: HelloI've installed a new ssd drive in my computer, and this is the one I want to transfer windows 11 to and make it my boot drive. The setup software is asking me to assign a drive letter to it. Logically in the current configuration, the drive should be assigned as F...
  3. installing a new C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    installing a new C drive: HelloI've installed a new ssd drive in my computer, and this is the one I want to transfer windows 11 to and make it my boot drive. The setup software is asking me to assign a drive letter to it. Logically in the current configuration, the drive should be assigned as F...
  4. Installing software on the D: drive. Is it worth it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing software on the D: drive. Is it worth it?: Hii! I have a laptop with the capacity of 256GB. For the year of owning my laptop, I've met myself with storage problems numerously. My C drive has only about 99GB, while my D drive actually has been holding 137GB empty these past few years. I am not very good at computers,...
  5. Installing software on the D: drive. Is it worth it?

Installing software on the D: drive. Is it worth it?: Hii! I have a laptop with the capacity of 256GB. For the year of owning my laptop, I've met myself with storage problems numerously. My C drive has only about 99GB, while my D drive actually has been holding 137GB empty these past few years. I am not very good at computers,...
  6. Installing software on the D: drive. Is it worth it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Moving installed programs from a non-C drive to C drive

Moving installed programs from a non-C drive to C drive: I recently invested in a 256GB SSD to replace my old mechanical 1TB HDD. The SSD is obviously much smaller than my old HDD, so a while ago (in anticipation of this upgrade) I split my C: drive in to two (a C:\ and an S:\ drive), and symlinked a load of programs/games/etc.,...
  8. Moving installed programs from a non-C drive to C drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving installed programs from a non-C drive to C drive: I recently invested in a 256GB SSD to replace my old mechanical 1TB HDD. The SSD is obviously much smaller than my old HDD, so a while ago (in anticipation of this upgrade) I split my C: drive in to two (a C:\ and an S:\ drive), and symlinked a load of programs/games/etc.,...
  9. D drive installations instead of C drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    D drive installations instead of C drive: During installations of any of my apps I always try to install them on my D drive. (Not MS Store apps, I can't stand that drivel.) I notice that certain apps absolutely refuse to offer any alternative installation location besides the C drive (system drive). No such dialogue...
  10. INSTALL NEW c: DRIVE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    INSTALL NEW c: DRIVE: 1. Installed new C: hard drive. 2. How do I install Windows 10 on it? 3. The BIOS seems messed up. Windows 10 tries to install, but ends up saying "We couldn't find the selected partition."...