Windows 10: Software on removable devices are blocked by an administrator.

Discus and support Software on removable devices are blocked by an administrator. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have multiple softwares that I use and if they are on a removable device, a message pops up saying this app has been blocked by your system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CaptainWoodrow7, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Software on removable devices are blocked by an administrator.

I have multiple softwares that I use and if they are on a removable device, a message pops up saying this app has been blocked by your system administrator. If I move the file to my desktop it works just fine. I am the administrator, I've tried resetting the gpedit.msc, I've looked in properties for the unblock box. I unhid the admin account and tried loading it there. Is there any setting that I'm missing?

:)

CaptainWoodrow7, Dec 11, 2019

2. Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 11, 2019
  3. Lemo1086 Win User
    Removing a Blocked URL

Having trouble with removing a Blocked URL. I try to access youtube.com, but a pop up message that say.

www.youtube.com is blocked
    The person who set up this computer has chosen to block this site.

• Try contacting the system admin.

ERR_BLOCKED_BY_ADMINISTRATOR

Check your administrator's policies
    Visit chrome://policy to see the list of blacklisted URLs and other policies enforced by your system administrator.
    I tried going into Windows Registry, but I couldnt locate anything to help
    me remove it.

Lemo1086, Dec 11, 2019
  4. Troy28 Win User

Software on removable devices are blocked by an administrator.

Blocked Software Publishers

When trying to install driver and support software downloaded from the samsung site I get the error message "This publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine.

I have been in contact with support about this and all they were able to suggest is the same things I was able to find in old google searches.

Adding the site to the trusted list via Internet Explorer.

Changing UAC control settings to the lowest.

Running program as administrator.

How can this feature of Windows (blocking certain publishers) be disabled?

If not then will this be fixed in a update very soon?

Is there any other way around this such as removing certificates from software completely (I'm willing to make my own judgement call on what I install)

Because if not then Windows 10 is useless and I would rather go back to Windows 7 than not be able to use all the features on my computer because driver and utility programs are being blocked.

Troy28, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

Software on removable devices are blocked by an administrator.

1. Software on removable devices are blocked by an administrator. - Similar Threads - Software removable devices

2. System Administrator Blocks a Software Installation

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Administrator Blocks a Software Installation: I recently tried to install a game from CD-ROM on my Win10 box and a pop-up informed me that the system administrator had blocked the installation and I should contact that individual to resolve the issue. The problem is that this is purely a personal home computer and I...
  3. System Administrator Blocks a Software Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Administrator Blocks a Software Installation: I recently tried to install a game from CD-ROM on my Win10 box and a pop-up informed me that the system administrator had blocked the installation and I should contact that individual to resolve the issue. The problem is that this is purely a personal home computer and I...
  4. System Administrator Blocks a Software Installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Blocked myself out of my Administrator device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blocked myself out of my Administrator device: URGENTE HELP!I was diving through my Microsoft browser application and in the "Devices" section I accidentally pressed the "Block Device" button in my personal laptop which I was using to browse and in which there is only one user and that is the Admin user. The message...
  6. Blocked myself out of my Administrator device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocked myself out of my Administrator device: URGENTE HELP!I was diving through my Microsoft browser application and in the "Devices" section I accidentally pressed the "Block Device" button in my personal laptop which I was using to browse and in which there is only one user and that is the Admin user. The message...
  7. How to remove an Administrator block on Scrabble 2009

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove an Administrator block on Scrabble 2009: I have windows 10 with McAfee securityFor many years I have had Ubisoft Scrabble 2009 installed on my PC and it was running under Windows 10 presumably in compatability mode which I seem to remember is done automatically when upgrading to windows 10. Following a hardware...
  8. No output device detected and device manger blocked by the administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    No output device detected and device manger blocked by the administrator: Hi! I'm having some troubles with my sound device. Yesterday I restart my laptop for a windows update, when the update finish I try to use my laptop again but the sound was gone. I check and it seems I no longer have audio devices on my laptop but I have it before the...
  9. user account: administrator blocking software installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    user account: administrator blocking software installation: I am trying to install software for my HP CP1525nw Printer on my HP desktop computer. The auto.exe stops with a message: User control - The administrator has blocked this application for your protection. I am the administrator and cannot get around this error by selecting...
  10. Blocked by administrator when trying to download software, but i am the administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Blocked by administrator when trying to download software, but i am the administrator: every time I try to download software from Samsung I am blocked. Help please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/blocked-by-administrator-when-trying-to-download/4fd3aa31-38d0-4242-af82-14f44966a1fb"