Windows 10: Software Opens then closes

Discus and support Software Opens then closes in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a piece of software that runs on windows 10, it requires Microsoft NET Framework 4 and C++ installed. I have this software on several laptops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MichaelKulbersh, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Software Opens then closes

I have a piece of software that runs on windows 10, it requires Microsoft NET Framework 4 and C++ installed. I have this software on several laptops running windows 10. However, I tried installing it on another DELL laptop running windows 10. I checked and windows features are turned on for NETFRAMEWORK 3.5 and 4.7 turned on. The software loads fine but when I go to launch it, the software rapids opens and then closes. I cannot figure out what the issue is and this has stumped the developer. Any thoughts or diagnostics that I can check to see why this might be happening?

:)

MichaelKulbersh, Apr 12, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 12, 2019
  3. Problem in opening files through other softwares

Hi Sahaj,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

If the issue is with an app which is installed from Store, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the app and check if that helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the app in which you are facing the issue and click
      Uninstall.
    • Open the Windows Store.
    • Search for the app and click on Install.
    • Check if issue persists.
    If the issue is with a software installed, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the program and check if that helps. Follow the steps below:

• Click on Programs and Features.
    • Right click on the software in which you are facing the issue from the list and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    • Now reinstall the program and check.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Apr 12, 2019
  4. shevanel Win User

Software Opens then closes

Any software to lock a running program?

Does anyone know of an ap or program that will allow me to lock software while in use so that it cannot be closed without a password or similar?

For example, if I have a media player open and running music is there a way or an ap that will allow no one to be able to close it, minimize it or use any other software on the PC?

Thanks for any suggestions...

shevanel, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

Software Opens then closes

1. Software Opens then closes - Similar Threads - Software Opens closes

2. Microsoft closing on open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft closing on open: I can't play my game because when I open , it will closed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-closing-on-open/9c5b4154-c80c-47c4-8a58-fd2093075fd2
  3. Microsoft closing on open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft closing on open: Hi, I have a problem where microsoft store immediately closes on open.I can't play any of my favourite games like minecraft because it requires me to open the store.When I open it it closes.I've tried to uninstall it and it still won't work.Any solutions?...
  4. programs will not open or close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    programs will not open or close: I cannot open or close some programs. Outlook is stuck on screen. Can only 'close' by opening Word or some other. Opening using Desktop Outlook does not work....
  5. Disable cdrom open/close software windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable cdrom open/close software windows 10: I have a case with a front door that covers the BD-RE drive and I want to prevent windows from being able to open and close the drive through software such that only the physical button on the drive can open and close the tray. Does anyone know of a registry flag or group...
  6. software opening for less than a second and closing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    software opening for less than a second and closing: Hi, i'm having a problem: every half an our or so something pops up in the task bar and closes itself, it's so fast i can't see the icon or window but it goes in foreground for a fraction of a second, if i'm watching youtube fullscreen i see the task bar appear and disappear,...
  7. Problems with software not closing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with software not closing: I recently installed Solidworks on my new laptop, and it won't close when I go to exit the software. I get a popup error message saying "the operating system is not configured to run this application". Then, the only way to close Solidworks is to end the task in task manager....
  8. Command opening and closing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Command opening and closing: Hi - Exactly every 52 seconds I have a command window that pops on and then off when on my desktop. I don't know what it is or how to go about preferably stopping it. Help! Thanks...
  9. when app/software open, it auto-closes pretty fast

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    when app/software open, it auto-closes pretty fast: when app/software open, it auto-closes pretty fast someone say its maybe anti virus or firewall but when something is blocked via firewall it shows a popup so it couldnt be firewall, yes? how troubleshoot? also there's no anti vrius so cant be that 146942
  10. Software will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Software will not open: For photo and video editing I have been using Roxio Creator 2010 Pro on Windows 10. Suddenly, it will not open. Tried uninstall then re-install but still 'no go'. Message comes up 'software incompatible' - WHY? After all these years is it incompatible. I'm 80 years old and...