Windows 10: software package expireration

Discus and support software package expireration in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; does pre-installed software have an expiration date?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MarieTapp, Nov 25, 2018.

1. MarieTapp Win User

software package expireration

does pre-installed software have an expiration date?

:)

MarieTapp, Nov 25, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 25, 2018
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Decent Software Package manager

Hi there

Linux doesn't preclude you from installing from anywhere or even compiling the application from source - however having sensible repositories means that the package manager makes it really easy to handle your software, uninstall it if you want and ensure that usually the application will run on the release and hardware you are using.

You can see lists of repositories, packages, what the package has, dependencies etc etc. If something breaks its easy to remove or find out the problem component.

Windows really should have something similar -- maybe not as sophisticated as most users want to install something and if it doesn't work so be it - but for anybody maintaining systems these types of package managers work really well.

Using the YUM extender on CENTOS 7 -- the YUM extender is simply a GUI for the main CLI software manager YUM.

cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 25, 2018
  4. software package expireration

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

software package expireration

1. software package expireration - Similar Threads - software package expireration

2. Issues with Brother Full Driver & Software Package Installation on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Brother Full Driver & Software Package Installation on Windows 11: Dear Sir/Madam,I recently purchased a new computer and have encountered difficulties when attempting to install the Brother Full Driver & Software Package. When I initiate the installation, nothing transpires; the installation program doesn't launch. I've tried manually...
  3. Issues with Brother Full Driver & Software Package Installation on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Brother Full Driver & Software Package Installation on Windows 11: Dear Sir/Madam,I recently purchased a new computer and have encountered difficulties when attempting to install the Brother Full Driver & Software Package. When I initiate the installation, nothing transpires; the installation program doesn't launch. I've tried manually...
  4. Voice packages and Languages packages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Voice packages and Languages packages: Soo i can't get any voice packes other than the one from my own country i would love to have one from the united states to play the new game i bought "Phasmophopia" i would be extremely happy if someone could help me.. I am fully aware there stands united kingdom on the...
  5. Software installation failure - Error 0x80070643: Failed to install MSI package

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Software installation failure - Error 0x80070643: Failed to install MSI package: VPN software installation IPVanish in Windows 10 fails with message in log that says: Error 0x80070643: Failed to install MSI package. IPVanish support says this is an error with Windows update itself and is not allowing the .NETFX to work properly. They referred me to...
  6. The VS setup composition package did not load correctly and exception unknown software...

The VS setup composition package did not load correctly and exception unknown software...: When i try to start visual studio i receive some errors: First of all: [ATTACH] Then: [ATTACH] After that: [ATTACH] How i can fix it? I tried to repair and reinstall it and tried some of the solutions I found on the internet but it didn't work pleas help me!...
  7. Looking for a good photo editing software package

Looking for a good photo editing software package: Looking for a good simple photo editing software package with gamma sliders etc.... Much appreciate any suggestions as not an expert.... Thanks 144742
  8. Looking for a good photo editing software package

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking for a good photo editing software package: Looking for a good simple photo editing software package with gamma sliders etc.... Much appreciate any suggestions as not an expert.... Thanks 144742
  9. packaging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    packaging: What comes in the box with the new motherboard. Need to return mb and forgot what is in the packaging. 67203
  10. Decent Software Package manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Decent Software Package manager: Hi there I know this is a WINDOWS Forum but if there are decent things to take from other OS'es shouldn't Windows at least look at them. One thing that Windows perhaps could look at is to devise a SENS IBLE software package manager for installing Software -- forget the...