Windows 10: Software Protection Platform Service Sppsvc.exe causing High CPU usage

Discus and support Software Protection Platform Service Sppsvc.exe causing High CPU usage in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft Software Protection Platform allows the company to validate Microsoft services, and make sure nobody tampers with Windows or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 15, 2019 at 12:12 AM.

1. WinClub New Member

Software Protection Platform Service Sppsvc.exe causing High CPU usage

2. Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service high cpu usage

In Windows 10, Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service is using more than 30% of my cpu. I tried the things listed here:

How to Fix High CPU Usage by Sppsvc.exe on Windows 10?

The first 2 don't work and when I disable it with the 3rd method the cpu usage problem goes away, but a message is displayed in the corner of my screen in gray text saying "Activate Windows Go to Settings to activate Windows" that displays on top of everything else and never goes away. Is there anything I can do other than reinstalling Windows?

3. ErikaV Win User
    Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service high CPU usage

Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service, Sppsvc.exe, uses too much cpu, often going up to above 50-55%. This happens in very frequent bursts that will last for about 20mins and will severely slow down my pc, often even
    causing other apps to freeze.

I have windows10, no kms, no pirate program versions-activators.

I have already tried EVERYTHING:

-Checked that my system is fully updated

-Scanned for malware using 4 different programs

-Used system maintenance troubleshooter

-Run a clean boot & high cpu problem still persisted.

-run a system file checker.

-and, as a last resort, I reset my system choosing to remove all my files and apps, and sppsvc still used the same cpu before i added any of my previous files or programs.

I have resorted to disabling sppsvc using the registry editor and scheduled tasks so that I can work. (I have 'go to settings to activate windows' watermark on my desktop)

I should not have to do this to be able to work, and, since I have tried all of the above, I cannot think of anything else it might be appart from a glitch in the sppsvc program released by ms itself.

Any suggestions? Or any planned future updates by ms that will address this issue please?

Software Protection Platform Service Sppsvc.exe causing High CPU usage f283f6a8-1022-4a77-94b6-6760bc170a8b?upload=true.jpg

4. Software Protection Platform Service Sppsvc.exe causing High CPU usage

Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service ( sppsvc ) Problem

Hi,

To resolve your issue regarding Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service, kindly refer to this

link
    and check for Wungraileng Vashi's post for troubleshooting steps.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards.

Thema:

Software Protection Platform Service Sppsvc.exe causing High CPU usage

1. Software Protection Platform Service Sppsvc.exe causing High CPU usage - Similar Threads - Software Protection Platform

2. Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service high CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service high CPU usage: Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service, Sppsvc.exe, uses too much cpu, often going up to above 50-55%. This happens in very frequent bursts that will last for about 20mins and will severely slow down my pc, often even causing other apps to freeze. I have windows10,...
  3. Dllhost.exe causing high CPU usage

Dllhost.exe causing high CPU usage: ok so this process is taking 25% cpu its continuous what should I do ***Original title: dllhost.exe*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dllhostexe-causing-high-cpu-usage/1b01a7ff-665d-4464-8c46-67d4ba8fcf25
  4. Microsoft.Photos.exe causes high cpu usage!

Microsoft.Photos.exe causes high cpu usage!: Whenever my computer is idle (and sometimes when I'm using it) this app starts up and sucks 100% of my CPU and heats up my computer. I noticed several posts from 2016 of people reporting this and I guess it was supposed to be fixed but I guess it hasn't. How to I fix this...
  5. Microsoft software protection platform (sppsvc) any other fixes for this?

Microsoft software protection platform (sppsvc) any other fixes for this?: Look I have been dealing with this stupid thing (dealing as in trying to not make it eat up 40% of my CPU) and the stupid antimalware executable for a few days now. its causing micro stutters in my games. I normally play older games so I didn't notice it till now. but AC...
  6. CertPropSvc causes high CPU usage

CertPropSvc causes high CPU usage: Hello, a couple of weeks ago I noticed that my computer started to slow down due to high CPU usage. After some research I figured out that this is caused by a service called CertPropSvc (Microsoft Smartcard Certificate Propagation Service). If I manually stop the...
  7. Fix high cpu usage caused by diagnostic policy service

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fix high cpu usage caused by diagnostic policy service: Hello, as mentioned in another thread reply I found a solution by someone for this common problem with high cpu usage by a windows service. In the folder "C:\Windows\system32\sru" are constantly created log files and the directory becomes very large over time. Then I stopped...
  8. Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service: CPU use 30-50 %

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service: CPU use 30-50 %: In my Windows 10 Home, 64bit the Task Manager show a process called "Softwareschutzplattform-Dienst von Microsoft" (Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service) CPU usages at 30 to 50 % and reduces the speed of the Notebook. [img] [img] And another process uses...
  9. Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service - high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service - high CPU usage: Hello, My laptop has Windows 10 64 bit installed. It's an AMD A8 with a Radeon graphics card. Task Manager shows Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service uses about %30 CPU. It happens about every 40-60 seconds,lasts for about 10. This started relatively recently...
  10. Software Protection Service causing stutter

in Windows 10 Support
    Software Protection Service causing stutter: Once or twice a day I get a half second of stutter where my video and audio will stutter for half a second. The only thing I've found in the Windows Logs seems to be the Software Protection Service starts when the stutter happens. Any ideas? I've done a full format with no...