Windows 10: Software Protection Service doesn't start when needed.

Discus and support Software Protection Service doesn't start when needed. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, Everytime I try to start my Outlook, excel etc. it will give me a message: We're sorry, but Excel has run into an error that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by OrigamiSS, Nov 10, 2020.

1. OrigamiSS Win User

Software Protection Service doesn't start when needed.

Hi Everyone,

Everytime I try to start my Outlook, excel etc. it will give me a message:

We're sorry, but Excel has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly. Excel will need to be closed as a result. Would you like us to repair now?

I have to open Services and start the software protection service and the programs will work fine. The service stops automatically after a while so I have to repeat this process everytime I open a document or excel sheet.

Any ideas what could cause the service not start when needed?

:)

OrigamiSS, Nov 10, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Software Protection Service doesn't start when needed. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Nov 10, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Wireless Zero Configuration service doesn't start automatically

I've had this happen from time to time. For me it has always been caused by the OEM's wifi manager software they install on the laptop. It doesn't even have to be separate software, a lot of them bundle it with the driver for the wifi card, so you don't have a choice on installing it.

In cases where I can't track down the cause I just create a bat file to start the service and drop it in Startup, then set the service to always restart if it stops. I also put a shortcut to the bat on the desktop just in case I have to start it manual, I can just double click it from there and the service starts without the hassle of going through all those steps to get into the menu to start the service.

Just create a bat file and put this line in it:

Code: net start "Wireless Zero Configuration"[/quote]

newtekie1, Nov 10, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Software Protection Service doesn't start when needed. [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Software Protection Service doesn't start when needed. - Similar Threads - Software Protection Service

2. Can't Start up Software Protection Service

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't Start up Software Protection Service: Just migrated windows and other files from one a SSD to a M.2, and now my activate windows watermark is back and the software protection service is not running and I am unable to get it running. I get an error code 5: Access Denied when I try to run in manually in Services. I...
  3. Can't Start up Software Protection Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Start up Software Protection Service: Just migrated windows and other files from one a SSD to a M.2, and now my activate windows watermark is back and the software protection service is not running and I am unable to get it running. I get an error code 5: Access Denied when I try to run in manually in Services. I...
  4. Can't Start up Software Protection Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot start Software Protection Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot start Software Protection Service: have taken ownership of sppsvc, have changed ownership on regedit, process still won't start, telling me access is denied, I have also reset windows, and still the process will not start, it is not allowing me to update because of this...
  6. Cannot start Software Protection Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot start Software Protection Service: have taken ownership of sppsvc, have changed ownership on regedit, process still won't start, telling me access is denied, I have also reset windows, and still the process will not start, it is not allowing me to update because of this...
  7. Cannot start Software Protection Service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Software Protection services

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Software Protection services: I want to activate windows 10 but can't since software protection services is disabled. I get error 5 when I try to start it. I saw online that I need to give myself permission in the sppsvc folder in order to start software protection but when I go to the "Permissions for...
  9. Activating windows - Software protection service not starting

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating windows - Software protection service not starting: Hello! Recently I encountered an issue with my windows where it got deactivated automatically, I tried running the troubleshoot however no luck. Screenshots: https://i.imgur.com/w5TwJW8.png https://i.imgur.com/P2T2tFT.png I then went ahead and bought a copy of...
  10. Software Protection Service Wont Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Software Protection Service Wont Start: The software protection service (sppsvc) will not start. When I try to run this command: "net start sppsvc" in an administrator command prompt I get this error: "The Software Protection service could not be started. A system error has occurred. System error 5 has occurred....