Windows 10: Software Protection Service

Discus and support Software Protection Service in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I'm sorry my English is so bad. But I need your help.I wanted to check emails and send emails then My computer was restarted this afternoon and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bam19, Aug 14, 2021.

1. Bam19 Win User

Software Protection Service

Hi,I'm sorry my English is so bad. But I need your help.I wanted to check emails and send emails then My computer was restarted this afternoon and it went to BIOS, I checked the logs in Event Viewer and it was because of the Software Protection Service. I don't know why and I don't know how?Can anybody help me?

:)

Bam19, Aug 14, 2021

2. Software Protection Service Waking Computer

Hi,

I understand you concern, if you have installed any recent software then this might be triggering the SPS. As of now, I suggest you to please check the status of SPS in services:

• Press Windows Key + R.

• Type services.

• Check what state the service for SPS is, it should be in
      Automatic, if it is stopped suggest to change it to Automatic.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Aug 14, 2021
  3. Microsoft software protection platform (sppsvc) any other fixes for this?

Hello WulfBreaker,

Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service is a technology that is aimed at helping prevent piracy and protect customers from software tampering while making licensing easier to manage.
    Try to disable the SvcRestartTask command. Here's how:

1. Click the Start menu button, type scheduled task and open Scheduled tasks.
    2. Enter Task Scheduler Library, then Microsoft,
      Windows, and finally SoftwareProtectionPlatform.
    3. Right-click on SvcRestartTask, and choose Disable.
    4. In case there are two or more such processes, delete the duplicates.

If the issue still persists, some users suggested using a third-party software to disable the said service. You can check the suggested steps from
    Ellio_tt in this thread.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Aug 14, 2021
  4. Software Protection Service

Error: "Failed to schedule Software Protection service", Error Code: 0x80070005 on Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with the Windows Service errors, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

The issue may occur if one or more of the following conditions are true:

• The Task Scheduler service is disabled.
    • The Software Protection Platform service is not running under the NETWORK SERVICE account.
    • Read permissions for the NETWORK SERVICE account are missing on the following folder:
      C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\SoftwareProtectionPlatform

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to verify that the Task Scheduler service is running. .

• Press Windows + R keys, type services.msc and press enter.
    • Locate the Task Scheduler service.
    • Open the Task Scheduler service and click on “Start” button.
    • Set the Startup type to “Automatic”.
    • Click OK.

Method 2: After verifying the service try the below.

• Open the Computer Management tool, and then navigate to
      Configuration
      -> Task Scheduler -> Task Scheduler Library ->
      Microsoft -> Windows -> SoftwareProtectionPlatform.
    • On the General tab of SoftwareProtectionPlatform, select the security options, and then verify that the Software Protection Platform service is set to use the NETWORK SERVICE account.
    • In Windows Explorer, browse to the C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\SoftwareProtectionPlatform folder, and then verify that the NETWORK SERVICE account has Read permissions for that folder.
    • Restart the Software Protection service if it is running.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updates status of the error messages for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 14, 2021
Thema:

Software Protection Service

1. Software Protection Service - Similar Threads - Software Protection Service

2. Cannot start Software Protection Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot start Software Protection Service: have taken ownership of sppsvc, have changed ownership on regedit, process still won't start, telling me access is denied, I have also reset windows, and still the process will not start, it is not allowing me to update because of this...
  3. Cannot start Software Protection Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot start Software Protection Service: have taken ownership of sppsvc, have changed ownership on regedit, process still won't start, telling me access is denied, I have also reset windows, and still the process will not start, it is not allowing me to update because of this...
  4. Cannot start Software Protection Service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Software Protection services

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Software Protection services: I want to activate windows 10 but can't since software protection services is disabled. I get error 5 when I try to start it. I saw online that I need to give myself permission in the sppsvc folder in order to start software protection but when I go to the "Permissions for...
  6. Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service: Hello everyone. First post Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service launches only when gaming... My PC is suitable for old games or modern games with low settings to get the maximum performance. When launching games from Steam, Uplay the Microsoft Software Protection...
  7. Software Protection Service Wont Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Software Protection Service Wont Start: The software protection service (sppsvc) will not start. When I try to run this command: "net start sppsvc" in an administrator command prompt I get this error: "The Software Protection service could not be started. A system error has occurred. System error 5 has occurred....
  8. How to disable software protection service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable software protection service: As discussed in the topic. because i was play online game but suddenly my computer have restart automatic and take so many time to reboot i'm wait until there finished to start and see 1 log i think this is a problem "Successfully scheduled Software Protection service for...
  9. Can't enable Software Protection Service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't enable Software Protection Service: Hello, I can't enable the service "Software Protection" becuase of that error: Der Dienst "Software Protection" auf "Lokaler Computer" konnte nicht gestartet werden. Fehler 1058: Der angegebene Dienst kann nicht gestartet werden. Er ist deaktiviert oder nicht mit...
  10. Software Protection Service causing stutter

in Windows 10 Support
    Software Protection Service causing stutter: Once or twice a day I get a half second of stutter where my video and audio will stutter for half a second. The only thing I've found in the Windows Logs seems to be the Software Protection Service starts when the stutter happens. Any ideas? I've done a full format with no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the software protection service has started