Windows 10: Software Raid 1. Can not Add Mirror !

Discus and support Software Raid 1. Can not Add Mirror ! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't Add Mirror to Disk 1 (from Disk 2)! [img] Windows 10 popup the following message. [img] What should I do . I don't want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by akkha, Apr 30, 2017.

1. akkha Win User

Software Raid 1. Can not Add Mirror !

I can't Add Mirror to Disk 1 (from Disk 2)!

Software Raid 1. Can not Add Mirror ! [​IMG]

Windows 10 popup the following message.

Software Raid 1. Can not Add Mirror ! [​IMG]

What should I do . I don't want to buy a new HDD.

My OS: Windows 10 Pro Version 1607 x64

Thanks in advance

:)

akkha, Apr 30, 2017

2. RAID plugin failed/Intel(R) Driver Update Utility 2.4 failed

Tried a clean boot install, still fails. I am thinking I don't need this update for" RAID 1 (Mirror)" which is a software RAID.

Thanks

A.J.

A.J. roadrunner, Apr 30, 2017
  3. Ken Blake Win User
    Setting up RAID on existing Win10 machine

What kind of RAID are you asking about: RAID 0 (Striping) or RAID 1 (mirroring)? Or some other kind?

RAID 0 is supposed to improve performance, but in my experience, it doesn't.

RAID 1 (mirroring) is *not* a backup solution. RAID 1 uses two or
    more drives, each a duplicate of the others, to provide redundancy, not backup. It's used in situations (almost always within corporations, not in homes) where any downtown can't be tolerated, because the way it works is that if one drive fails the other
    takes over seamlessly.

Although some people thing of RAID 1 as a backup technique, that is *not* what it is, since it's subject to
    simultaneous loss of the original and the mirror to many of the most common dangers threatening your data--severe power glitches, nearby lightning strikes, virus attacks, theft of the computer, etc. Most companies that use RAID 1 also have a strong external
    backup plan in place.

See "Why RAID is (usually) a Terrible Idea"

Why RAID is (usually) a Terrible Idea

Ken Blake, Apr 30, 2017
  4. Software Raid 1. Can not Add Mirror !

Disk 1 doesn't look like it has a volume (partition). Have you tried to create partition and then create your mirror?

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 2, 2017
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    jimbo45, May 2, 2017
  6. akkha Win User
    Solved

I don't use software raid 1 anymore. Instead setup Storage Spaces (Two-way mirror)

akkha, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Software Raid 1. Can not Add Mirror !

1. Software Raid 1. Can not Add Mirror ! - Similar Threads - Software Raid Add

2. Windows 10 File Explorer is slow to launch after adding RAID 1 Mirror

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer is slow to launch after adding RAID 1 Mirror: Hi Symptom ; File Explorer launch delayed by about 20 seconds, icon non responding to clicks, then a bunch of instances of file explorer launch all at once. Possible Fix; I searched the web for a solution and found an article about Windows Search causing the problem....
  3. Trouble creating a RAID 1 Array

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble creating a RAID 1 Array: Originally, I wanted to create a RAID 1 Array using USB Drives lying around and test it out and see how well RAID 1 works. A message popped up when I clicked on the partition I wanted to mirror and said the operation failed because the Disk Management Console is not up to...
  4. Raid 1 problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Raid 1 problems: I have two 3TB disks on Raid 1 setup. I also have a folders with DVD movies there. The problem is that my media players crashes after the "Universal" intro when i try to play them. If i test the discs separately it works fine. But on Raid 1, it crashes. Weird thing is that...
  5. Raid 1 problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Raid 1 problems: I have two 3TB disks on Raid 1 setup. I also have a folders with DVD movies there. The problem is that my media players crashes after the "Universal" intro when i try to play them. If i test the discs separately it works fine. But on Raid 1, it crashes. Weird thing is that...
  6. Windows 10 raid 1 using windows raid

Windows 10 raid 1 using windows raid: Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum. I've added a hard drive to my system to enable raid 1 via windows 10 Pro (not hardware raid). my main drive has 4 partitions which were set up when I installed windows 8.1. I have since upgraded to 10 pro. I assume these partitions...
  7. RAID 1 question before upgrading

RAID 1 question before upgrading: Hi folks, I'm a W7 Pro user, and I'm finally thinking to get the update to W10. Question: at the moment I've a RAID 1 set up; will it still be available after the update and/or after I do a clean install of W10? Thank you 33551
  8. Software Vs Hardware RAID

Software Vs Hardware RAID: Hi there Unless you NEED more HDD ports it really is NOT worth buying any consumer grade RAID controller card - these days they are far slower than by doing it with software - Windows Storage spaces is extremely good (and you can use different size HDD's for striping /...
  9. Moving Software Mirrored Drives To New PC

Moving Software Mirrored Drives To New PC: I have 2 drives that were using windows mirroring (Under Disk Management) in my old PC. I've moved them to my new PC, but made a mistake. I'm only running Windows 10 Home instead of Pro. So when I imported foreign disks they came in as 2 separate disks instead of 1....
  10. Software mirror drive - What if OS changed

Software mirror drive - What if OS changed: If the OS used to set up a mirror drive is changed to W7, W8 or a different install of W10, does the mirror drive has to be set up from scratch again? 27987