Windows 10: Software Reporter Tool. exe

Discus and support Software Reporter Tool. exe in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; To my knowledge this subject has been around for several months with a few people asking the same question and never receiving a believable answer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jasonanderson, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Software Reporter Tool. exe

To my knowledge this subject has been around for several months with a few people asking the same question and never receiving a believable answer. Google suddenly downloaded "software_reporter_tool.exe" on a friends computer way back when and when he checked on what it was, he got various answers and none of which explained anything. He noticed that the dates of origin, creation, etc were all fake. He saw when it was being installed but all of the dates listed were after it had been installed ... or something like that. I checked it and he was right. None of it made sense.

Norton initially stated that it was a safe program installed by Google, and was part of Software Removal Tool, a malware removal program. The problem was that Norton acknowledged that, at least at the time, less than (5) FIVE Norton users on the planet had the program on their computer. When asked why nearly no one had it, they got caught in one lie after another. They still maintained that the program was safe but they can't or won't discuss it's use. It's apparently top secret. When my friend finally removed the program from his computer, it came right back almost immediately. Norton now shows that "millions" of Norton users have this program on their computers but when I checked, I can't find anyone except my friend who has it and nearly everyone I checked with is using Chrome. Does that make sense? I don't think so. Anyone have a clue. All of the suggestions I've gotten on other sites are either from Google reps and are obviously false or from people who don't know what they're talking about. Please give me something helpful and truthful. Jason

:)

jasonanderson, Mar 24, 2016
  2. dacoryell Win User

Malicious Software Removal Tool not compatible with Win10?

Please note the following correction to my original post:

"OOPS! Malicious Software Removal Tool downloaded June 7, 2016, [Windows-KB890830-V5.36.exe] reports "This version of Malicious Software Removal Tool is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. ..." [Windows 10 Home Version
    1511 (OS Build 10586.318)]

David"

I apologize for confusing this with Malwarebytes. My goof!

But the problem still exists ... verified today.

dacoryell, Mar 24, 2016
  3. dacoryell Win User
    Malicious Software Removal Tool not compatible with Win10?

OOPS! Malwarebytes Malicious Software Removal Tool downloaded June 7, 2016, [Windows-KB890830-V5.36.exe] reports "This version of Malicious Software Removal Tool is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. ..." [Windows 10 Home
    Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.318)]

David

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

dacoryell, Mar 24, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Software Reporter Tool. exe

BunnyJ, Mar 24, 2016
  5. Thanks for the message Bunny but had already read all the old conversations on this. None of the suggestions fit the problem or work to remove it. I tried just deleting the file but it was reinstalled withing five minutes. Then I deleted the "User..." folder that the file was in and it too reinstalled within seconds or minutes. I can't find any other Chrome user who has it so I feel I'm being targeted for something. Do you have it? It's important to understand there is a different between Software Removal Tool and Software Reporter Tool. I ended up just uninstalling Chrome again. But now half my stuff doesn't work without it. Thanks again !

jasonanderson, Mar 24, 2016
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    The thing is from my understanding if you use Chrome that file will always be there and you can't delete it. As I pointed out in that thread.. I also have it since I use Chrome and it's nothing to worry about.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Mar 24, 2016
  7. Remove all Users from it and see, what happens. It should not be able to start nor to be reinstalled.

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Software Reporter Tool. exe

1. Software Reporter Tool. exe - Similar Threads - Software Reporter Tool

2. Chrome software reporter tool High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome software reporter tool High CPU Usage: Not sure if this should be asked here or at Chrome forums. Sorry if it's the wrong place.Chrome application "software_reporter_tool.exe" is continuously consuming above 50% CPU. I've tried with no avail,1. Restarting Chrome and clearing cache2. Restarting windowsChrome is up...
  3. Chrome software reporter tool High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome software reporter tool High CPU Usage: Not sure if this should be asked here or at Chrome forums. Sorry if it's the wrong place.Chrome application "software_reporter_tool.exe" is continuously consuming above 50% CPU. I've tried with no avail,1. Restarting Chrome and clearing cache2. Restarting windowsChrome is up...
  4. Chrome software reporter tool High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Portable Software Exe Search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Portable Software Exe Search: ASK i have portable software in my external HDD how do i select the said software's exe file/launcher and make it searchable in windows key/button? thanks submitted by /u/frickun [link] [comments]...
  6. Exe not working for a software

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Exe not working for a software: I installed a softwareFrosty mod manager and I have tried for 24 hours to make it work but still cant open it. I have no antivirus installed I have watched all vids on utube but still cant do anything Any solutions?...
  7. How To Block Chrome Software Reporter Tool In Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How To Block Chrome Software Reporter Tool In Windows 10?: Can anyone please told me how can I block the chrome software reporter tool in my Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-block-chrome-software-reporter-tool-in/d476c048-9cda-4fb3-af65-f990ca1b9daa
  8. Software Reporter Tool.exe

Software Reporter Tool.exe: I run Nortons 365 so do not want to download this software but it is continually trying to instal itself. How do I stop these attempts to install? 76527
  9. Anyone know what "Software reporter tool" is?

Anyone know what "Software reporter tool" is?: This was downloaded into my Chrome browser this morning. Software reporter tool.exe Norton AV said it was safe. Can anyone please tell me what it is? [img] [img] 22007
  10. Tool for automatically saving reports?

in Windows 10 Support
    Tool for automatically saving reports?: Does anyone know of a way or a tool that can automatically generate and save windows log reports? preferbly to external devices? 5785

Users found this page by searching for:

1. What is Software Reporter Tool Exe language:en

2. google software reporter tool explained

3. software_reporter_tool google llc

4. what is windows 10 software_reporter_tool.exe,
  5. cant find software reporter tool exe on my computer