Windows 10: Software Repository Share not available to Everyone?

Discus and support Software Repository Share not available to Everyone? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm attempting to create a Shared file that's open to Everyone on the network. I've done everything I can think of to allow Everyone to access it but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RyanHoutz, Oct 10, 2018.

1. RyanHoutz Win User

Software Repository Share not available to Everyone?

I'm attempting to create a Shared file that's open to Everyone on the network.

I've done everything I can think of to allow Everyone to access it but when I try to access it from a user account not found on the shared file server it won't connect. The Everyone group has full access in share permissions as well as NTFS permissions. I've turned off password protected sharing.

I disabled the firewall. I enabled the Network access Local Security Policy to Let Everyone permissions apply to anonymous users. I honestly can't think of any other way to reduce security on this system.

I've tried all this on a Windows 2008 r2 as well as 2016 server.

I can access the share using my account but if I try accessing it from a user account that doesn't have an account on the server providing the share it won't connect.

If I run net view \\server from a CMD running as admin I can see the share.

If I run net view \\server from a CMD running as the normal user I get System Error 53

This is just about to drive me insane.

Please help.

:)

RyanHoutz, Oct 10, 2018
  2. Depth Win User

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Oct 13, 2018
  3. blwetorch Win User
    N900 Repositories

Can someone write why and how these repositories may be used?

Briefly a few lines about each.....if possible, listing the applications that can be enabled using each of these repositories.

That will be a big help for the NOOBs.

Thanks

blwetorch, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Software Repository Share not available to Everyone? - Similar Threads - Software Repository Share

2. Paint's AI Image Creator is now available for everyone

in Windows 10 News
    Paint's AI Image Creator is now available for everyone: Microsoft Paint's AI image creator is now available for all users according to reports. Microsoft unveiled the new functionality back in September 2023, but did not make it available for all users at the time. Even those who noticed the new Cocreator button in Paint had to...
  3. Kodak Easy Share software

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Kodak Easy Share software: Does anyone know how I can delete pictures in Easy Share software to make more room on my computer? When I delete an album I get the message that although the album is deleted, the pictures are not . I currently have almost 60,000 pictures slowing down my computer. Thanks!...
  4. New Microsoft Store on Xbox now available for everyone

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Store on Xbox now available for everyone: The next time you turn on your Xbox, you may notice something a little different. After years of development, hard work and user feedback, the Microsoft Store on Xbox experience has been completely rebuilt from the ground up and is now available for everyone.This faster,...
  5. The new Facebook.com is now available to everyone

in Windows 10 News
    The new Facebook.com is now available to everyone: [ATTACH] This week we introduced the new Facebook.com. Announced at F8 last year, it will now be the web experience for Facebook globally. It's faster, easier to use and gives your eyes a break with Dark Mode. We've grown since Facebook.com launched 16 years ago. We've...
  6. OneDrive Git repository

OneDrive Git repository: I moved a git repository to my OneDrive on my computer, and OneDrive got stuck on "Looking for changes" and refused to sync any files on my computer. This continued for days through restarting my computer and OneDrive multiple times. Only solution was to remove my repository...
  7. Redesigned Microsoft Store on Windows 10 is now available for everyone

in Windows 10 News
    Redesigned Microsoft Store on Windows 10 is now available for everyone: Earlier this month, Microsoft started rolling out a new design for the Microsoft Store on Windows 10. At that time, the redesigned store was available for the Windows Insiders in the Release Preview Ring. Today, the redesigned Microsoft Store is widely rolling out to the...
  8. Software update available popup

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Software update available popup: At times I get a " software update available" popup at boot up which if clicked on are valid. If you don't catch the popup there isn't a notification stored for it. Is there a way to find these when missed at boot up time? 31700
  9. Setting "Everyone" in File Sharing to Work with Specific Users

Setting "Everyone" in File Sharing to Work with Specific Users: Hi All, I have been attempting to understand file sharing where you specify permissions for specific users, but I get conflicting advice from the Win 10 forums and very recent 2016 and 2017 articles. I searched your forums and tutorials and have not found an answer either....
  10. Skype for Web (Beta) is now available to everyone in the US and UK

in Windows 10 News
    Skype for Web (Beta) is now available to everyone in the US and UK: Hot on the heels of our recent post announcing improvements to Skype for Outlook , today we’re pleased to share more good news for people that use Skype on their browser – Skype for Web (Beta) is now available for all new and existing users in the US and UK. Now, anyone...