Windows 10: Software runs for 5-10 seconds then closes/crashes

Discus and support Software runs for 5-10 seconds then closes/crashes in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have a copy of a piece of software called "Bridge Designer 2016 2nd Edition" that I wanted to run on my PC, so I installed it and tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by L Mttrs, Oct 9, 2018.

1. L Mttrs Win User

Software runs for 5-10 seconds then closes/crashes

Hello,

I have a copy of a piece of software called "Bridge Designer 2016 2nd Edition" that I wanted to run on my PC, so I installed it and tried to run it, and it shows the loading screen for about 5-10 seconds then closes itself, the website was stopped/shut down so I luckily had a copy of it. Even when I try to run a bridge file, it won't work. Please respond, thanks!

:)

L Mttrs, Oct 9, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 9, 2018
  3. axe0 Win User
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After Leaving PC for 5-10 Minutes

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Software runs for 5-10 seconds then closes/crashes [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

The 0x101(CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) is mostly caused by BIOS or hardware problem, the challenge is to find software problems.
    I suggest to update your BIOS.
    Code:
    Code:
    BIOS Version:              American Megatrends Inc. 2001   , 7/8/2011
    Attachment 51031

axe0, Oct 9, 2018
  4. Software runs for 5-10 seconds then closes/crashes

Windows 10 photo app closes after 5 seconds

Unfortunately, after upgrading to the latest Windows 10 version 10586.14 the 5 seconds bug persists.

I have tried every fix suggested in this forum but to no avail.

The only way that I have discovered to resolve the bug, is to create a new user profile. However the procedure to create a new user profile and then successfully migrate my files to the new profile is time consuming and prone to failure. I have not found
    any documentation pertaining exclusively to Windows 10 on to how to move all of my files to the new profile successfully and then delete the legacy profile.

For my case, I had upgraded my laptop & desktop from Windows 7 32bit Professional & Ultimate and both suffered the same bug. Why a new user profile fixes the problem I am at a loss. I even tried moving my pictures folder to the root and deleting the old
    path in the Photos library settings but the app still closed.

To this end, can Microsoft either provide a fix-it for me tool that will automate this process, or can a thorough step by step guide be posted to this forum.
    Best regards,

hkp

hongkongpom, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

Software runs for 5-10 seconds then closes/crashes

1. Software runs for 5-10 seconds then closes/crashes - Similar Threads - Software runs seconds

2. Windows 10 Camera Opens, but closes in 5 Seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Camera Opens, but closes in 5 Seconds: I already tried every solution i found in youtube and also in google but nothing works , What is exactly the problem ? , please if anyone knows what i'm talking aboutlike i open the application i see myself for like 10 second and then it turns off and then i see myself for 10...
  3. Windows 10 Camera Opens, but closes in 5 Seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Camera Opens, but closes in 5 Seconds: I already tried every solution i found in youtube and also in google but nothing works , What is exactly the problem ? , please if anyone knows what i'm talking aboutlike i open the application i see myself for like 10 second and then it turns off and then i see myself for 10...
  4. Windows 10 Camera Opens, but closes in 5 Seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 No Signal crash after ~5 seconds of bootup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 No Signal crash after ~5 seconds of bootup: After about 5 tries of rebooting using the power button, my pc seems to have finally booted normally. Does anyone know why this would happen? I went into event viewer and found a logged kernel error status 0xC00000D4. This was logged only once during the first time I booted...
  6. Close Windows Automatically After 5 Seconds?

Close Windows Automatically After 5 Seconds?: There is this mod loader called "Texmod". Although it's from 2008, I still use it. Basically, you choose a game and the mods, then it launches your modded game. I made a script that automatically chooses the mod and launches your game. Could I made like a batch file the...
  7. software opening for less than a second and closing

software opening for less than a second and closing: Hi, i'm having a problem: every half an our or so something pops up in the task bar and closes itself, it's so fast i can't see the icon or window but it goes in foreground for a fraction of a second, if i'm watching youtube fullscreen i see the task bar appear and disappear,...
  8. COD-Warzone crash to desktop after 5 to 10 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COD-Warzone crash to desktop after 5 to 10 seconds: COD-Warzone crashes to desktop after 5 to 10 seconds without any error. This crash does not depend on the game as whatever option or screen i keep on the game after launching whether it is game settings or license page, or updates checkup section, it will crash within 10...
  9. Windows 10 Camera Opens, but closes in 5 Seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Camera Opens, but closes in 5 Seconds: MS-Windows 'Camera Window' opens, but only for about 5 Seconds, then closes. Haven't previously used the Windows Camera on my Laptop. (Rely on my Tablet). Today, pinned Windows Camera to Task Bar, checked 'Settings\Privacy\Camera' set to 'Allow Access' and that...
  10. Control panel loads and then closes within 5 seconds.

in Windows 10 Support
    Control panel loads and then closes within 5 seconds.: My Win 10 upgraded to Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4022405) and now I can't load and use control panel. Did they do away with it, and if so why? Is there a fix? I have a HP ENVY with Intel i7 and Nvidia Geforce and 16 G mem. 87266

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 control panel launches then closes

2. attachment opens but closes 10 seconds late

3. my laptop closes when i run a heav software

4. geforce now loads then closes,
  5. game application launches runs for a few seconds then closes,
  6. software loads then crashes