Windows 10: Software shortcuts icons not visible

Discus and support Software shortcuts icons not visible in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. I'm using Windows 10 Home x64 version 1909 on my gaming laptop. When I installed Steam and many games, all of them have icons on shortcuts. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Wojtekb30, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Software shortcuts icons not visible

Hello. I'm using Windows 10 Home x64 version 1909 on my gaming laptop. When I installed Steam and many games, all of them have icons on shortcuts. But when I installed Windows 7's Move Maker and Bandicam both don't have their icons on shortcuts. Both programs were installed in their default location. Their shortcuts were created by their installers. The icon is visible in Start menu and shortcuts' properties, but when you see the shortcut in the file explorer (and desktop), it has icon of blank sheet of paper. Only those 2 programs' shortcuts have this problem. Is there any way to fix this? Is this a bug I can ignore or does it mean there's a bigger problem with my laptop? Thank you for answering.

submitted by /u/Wojtekb30
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Wojtekb30, Feb 11, 2020

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

I know I am quite late but as I was scrolling through I saw this post which happened to one of friend too. This sometimes happens with Windows. Usually a reboot will solve the problem. However if this doesn't, try setting the icon for the shortcut(right-click pinned icon, right-click program, left-click properties, select "change icon...") or refreshing it by switching to a different icon, applying it, and then reverting back to the original icon. Remove the shortcut from the taskbar and replace it with the start menu shortcut or simply drag the .exe file to the taskbar.

lorraine walsh, Feb 11, 2020
  4. rivre Win User

Software shortcuts icons not visible

Moving shortcut to another folder drops icon

This made no difference. What I found is it doesn't show the icon if my folder view is set to list mode. If I change view mode to Icon mode, then the icons are visible in whatever size I select in view mode.

However, if I go through the procedure I listed above, then it does give me the tiny icon that is viewable in list mode. But I have to select the icon manually, every time, twice, before it is visible. Otherwise the icon is a generic shortcut icon. Why is this? This wasn't the case with Windows 7. Even in list view I could move the shortcut and the icon would carry over. This is a lot of extra work for every shortcut I move.

It also doesn't seem to happen for every shortcut. Some shortcuts carry over with the icon showing and some I have to manually select the icon for it to display.

rivre, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Software shortcuts icons not visible

1. Software shortcuts icons not visible - Similar Threads - Software shortcuts icons

2. Icons are not visible on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons are not visible on Desktop: Hi, I can not see the all the icons on desktop and the single icon is visible but it is showing very long strip. I have tried to do the hidden files but all the files are visible on inside file explorer folder. I have tried to copy the same file from the inside folder it...
  3. Icons are not visible on Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons are not visible on Desktop: Hi, I can not see the all the icons on desktop and the single icon is visible but it is showing very long strip. I have tried to do the hidden files but all the files are visible on inside file explorer folder. I have tried to copy the same file from the inside folder it...
  4. Certain icons are not visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain icons are not visible: Icons of the apps I have downloaded from Microsoft Store are basically just an image icon I tried commands like "sfc /scannow" and still it doesn't fix it, but when I create a new User on Windows, in that profile icons are showing properly, is there any way to fix it on my...
  5. Certain icons are not visible

Certain icons are not visible: Icons of the apps I have downloaded from Microsoft Store are basically just an image icon I tried commands like "sfc /scannow" and still it doesn't fix it, but when I create a new User on Windows, in that profile icons are showing properly, is there any way to fix it on my...
  6. Certain icons are not visible

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Bluetooth Icon not visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Icon not visible: The Bluetooth icon is not being displayed on my laptop even though Bluetooth itself is on. I am unable to send or receive files through Bluetooth how do I fix this? I have tried restarting the windows explorer from the task manager but that didn't fix anything....
  8. Bluetooth Icon not visible

Bluetooth Icon not visible: The Bluetooth icon is not being displayed on my laptop even though Bluetooth itself is on. I am unable to send or receive files through Bluetooth how do I fix this? I have tried restarting the windows explorer from the task manager but that didn't fix anything....
  9. Icons No Longer Visible

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons No Longer Visible: Hello, I have a folder with 60 image files, and I can't seem to get an icon for any of them, much less use the Preview pane, in the View Menu of an Explorer window. Slogging through 60 images by opening them one by one seems a bit...problematic. I have been through the...
  10. Desktop shortcuts in Folders not visible

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop shortcuts in Folders not visible: When I switched on my pc yesterday running latest version of Win 10 I notice that all the shortcuts are no longer visible in the desktop folders, or, any folders. Before I could see a representation of them sticking out from the Folder. When I click on a folder it opens...