Windows 10: Software that can alert me of the connection status of a device?

Discus and support Software that can alert me of the connection status of a device? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I was wondering if there is a software that can alert me (preferably using email) when a device is disconnected from my Wi-Fi? I have a couple of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hoggorm, May 26, 2019.

1. Hoggorm Win User

Software that can alert me of the connection status of a device?

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a software that can alert me (preferably using email) when a device is disconnected from my Wi-Fi?

I have a couple of devices that it is quite important that stay online and I'd like to be notified if and when they drop out.

I have the Asus GT-AC5300 and I find it somewhat strange that this router is not able to provide such a service.

:)

Hoggorm, May 26, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

'Allow a device to connect' is greyed out

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB Port. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top
      right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check the Bluetooth Settings and check if it helps.

• Open Control Panel by clicking the
      Windows + X,

• In the Control Panel search box, type
      Bluetooth, and then click Change Bluetooth settings.

• In the Bluetooth Settings dialog box, click the
      Options tab and do any of the following:

• To make your computer discoverable to Bluetooth enabled devices, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer.

• To allow you to add Bluetooth enabled devices to your computer, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer.

• To be notified when a Bluetooth enabled device is trying to connect to your computer, select the check box for
      Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, May 26, 2019
  3. Billy Med Win User
    Emergency Alerts

Hi Stephanie,

Just to confirm, is this the same thing that you tried on your phone, in order to turn off Amber Alerts?

• Open Settings.
    • Tap on System.
    • Tap on Messaging.
    • Tap on the Change emergency alert settings link.
    • Turn on or off the emergency alerts you want.

Let us know if this was the same thing that you tried.

We would also suggest to reset your phone after doing these steps to ensure that the changes on your phone's settings will be refreshed.

Simply press and hold the Power and Volume down button for 15 seconds and then release your hold afterwards.

Billy Med, May 26, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Software that can alert me of the connection status of a device? - Similar Threads - Software alert connection

2. Device status .xml?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device status .xml?: i was scrolling through my pc disk when i found this im wondering if its a virus or something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-status-xml/c2de3037-073b-4680-a6b6-3cddc638ca3d
  3. Device status .xml?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device status .xml?: i was scrolling through my pc disk when i found this im wondering if its a virus or something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-status-xml/c2de3037-073b-4680-a6b6-3cddc638ca3d
  4. Absence of proper notification or alert msg. for any software update when connected to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Absence of proper notification or alert msg. for any software update when connected to...: I own a home computer, laptop Lenovo ideapad 330 15 IKB running on windows 365 and i have full mcfee security installed. Software update, security update and other processes running in the background - absence of monitoring or notification or alert msg/ notification leads to...
  5. What software can display a capslock status message

in Windows 10 Customization
    What software can display a capslock status message: Greetings, I have installed some software on my Windows 10 PC that is displaying a Capslock status message in the bottom right of my screen each time I hit the capslock button. It minimizes any fullscreen application that I am running and is very annoying but I am not sure...
  6. Software to display VPN connection status on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Software to display VPN connection status on the taskbar?: Hi guys, I have found that there's no default way in Windows of checking a vpn connection status at a glance. I run NordVPN and I don't know whether this connection is up or down at any particular time. At times, I have thought it's running to then find that the internet...
  7. Is there any software for Windows that would allow me to monitor and alert me if something...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any software for Windows that would allow me to monitor and alert me if something...: If this makes no sense please reply so I can try to explain in different way, my English is pretty poor. submitted by /u/OptimalAttempt3 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/izkq02/is_there_any_software_for_windows_that_would/
  8. Alert level: Severe Status: Failed?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Alert level: Severe Status: Failed?: I opened a .zip file yesterday curious of it's contents and was immediately hit with the warning Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.B Alert level: Severe Status: Failed The first message says this above I quickly cancelled the zip extraction and deleted both the .zip and what had been...
  9. Device Manager alert

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager alert: I installed Win10 Pro x64 from scratch on my desktop computer and that is the only OS I have on that computer. The Device Manager shows an alert - please check the attachment. I have Nvidia Geforce 9400 and have updated the drivers. How can I get rid of that alert ? 23879
  10. Connection Status Display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connection Status Display: Just took my Windows 10 Laptop out of the house for the first time. I am so used to 7 and hovering the connection in the notification tray for IP address and connection speed I was surprised not to find this. And then more surprised not to be able to find some utility to...