Windows 10: Software that runs as a service and updates itself problem.

Discus and support Software that runs as a service and updates itself problem. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I work for a company that develops a software, that runs as a service and got auto update features. The software detects that its not the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xdrive, Jun 28, 2019.

1. xdrive Win User

Software that runs as a service and updates itself problem.

Hello
    I work for a company that develops a software, that runs as a service and got auto update features.

The software detects that its not the latests version. Downloads the updated exe file, stops the service, renames the old file, and finally renames the new updated exe file, and then launches it.

it works perfectly when running as local system, however when starting the service as an AD service account, it will download the updated exe file, shutdown the service, rename the old exe, and finally rename the updated exe file, but it will not launch the service again. I have given the ad account the rights to start, stop, pause the service. It got full NTFS rights at the folder where the software are installed. Still no luck getting it to launch the new exe as the service again.

However, if i allow local login to the service account and do login with it, it works fine just as running with local system.

I dont know if my description made any sense, but if anyone has any ideas, why it does not work when the service account is not logged in, but does when its logged in as a user, i would gladly take them.

/

:)

xdrive, Jun 28, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jun 28, 2019
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Software that runs as a service and updates itself problem. :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Software that runs as a service and updates itself problem.

Windows wireless service is not running on this computer?

Hi,

Thank you for updating us. It must be unfortunate that you are still facing the same issue. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Network Adapter troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click on Network Adapter.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2: Update driver manually.

I suggest you to update the Network Adapter from the Device Manager.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on Start button and click on Device Manager.

• Extend Network adapters driver from the list.

• Right click on the Network driver and click on
      Update driver Software
    Check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

Software that runs as a service and updates itself problem.

1. Software that runs as a service and updates itself problem. - Similar Threads - Software runs service

2. Windows Update Service Disabling itself and different errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Service Disabling itself and different errors: I can't activate it, it always stops, I click start, it says running for 3 sec and then it stopping, stopped, why???? sometimes it gives me error others it doesnt. Windows 10 Pro i7 7th M2200 NVMe SSD net start wuauserv does not work in cmd, error 1058 again...
  3. Windows update service not running

Windows update service not running: I can't update my pc. When I go to settings => update the screen loads indefinetly. When I open services.msc and manually start the update service, it immediately stops. I've been poking at this problem for the last 2 hours, and I'm a bit furious. Please ask any...
  4. Software Protection services

Software Protection services: I want to activate windows 10 but can't since software protection services is disabled. I get error 5 when I try to start it. I saw online that I need to give myself permission in the sppsvc folder in order to start software protection but when I go to the "Permissions for...
  5. Windows Update Service disables itself

Windows Update Service disables itself: Hello. I just bought my HP laptop about a week ago. I wanted to use the ms store but it keeps getting an error. I was directed to my windows update settings and there it says "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and...
  6. Windows update service automatically stopping itself

Windows update service automatically stopping itself: I wanted to update my windows, but got the error 0x80070422 so I went to the administrative tools, set to either automatic or manual startup type, I start the service and after a couple of seconds it automatically stops itself, I don't receive any error or anything, on the...
  7. Admins changed resulting in problems with software not running .

in Windows 10 Support
    Admins changed resulting in problems with software not running .: I damaged something in Windows 10. I tried to make Task in Task Scheduler . Along that process it asked for PC admin name and pass. well I guess i forgot the password or what password is needed since first time i bothered with this password in years. So went about trying to...
  8. software is opening by itself? w10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    software is opening by itself? w10: software opening by itself? w10 i think i use the 'task scedular' to auo-open an app when it set it it gave an error, so guess it didnt work but on 'task scedular' it shows nothing it also says 0 for everything how to find out what's going on here? cos set it and it...
  9. Restore software that boots to itself

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore software that boots to itself: My wife's dell notebook hard drive crashed, a Toshiba MQ01ABF050 500mb I have been unable to use any normal recovery tools in Windows Is there recovery software that I can boot to and use bypassing everything else altogether? I think the drive is recoverable but would like to...
  10. Software installer must run as administrator or there is a problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software installer must run as administrator or there is a problem: My computer has only one account and it's an administrator account. I have UAC disabled. If I want to install something, I must run it as administrator or it pops a window says "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package.A DLL required for this install to...