Windows 10: software to switch perf settings between gaming and office applications ?

Discus and support software to switch perf settings between gaming and office applications ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi ! I use my laptop for two things: office work in college (it requires few resources) and gaming at home. So I would like to easily switch the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ehicem, Sep 22, 2020.

1. /u/Ehicem Win User

software to switch perf settings between gaming and office applications ?

Hi !

I use my laptop for two things: office work in college (it requires few resources) and gaming at home. So I would like to easily switch the performance from one mode to the other, in order to avoid the excessive power consumption at the university, that makes the fans run very fast (it sometimes makes a lot of noise).

Thanks a LOT for your help !

submitted by /u/Ehicem
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ehicem, Sep 22, 2020

2. Focus assist settings while playing games

Hi Jem,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it could be. You can follow steps below to prevent few applications from interrupting your gaming experience. However, for other third party applications, you will need to check with the settings within the applications
    to prevent it from interrupting you when it is not in use.

1. Go to Settings > Gaming.
    2. On the left pane, click on Game mode.
    3. On the right pane, toggle on the switch under
      Game mode
    4. Again go to Settings > System.
    5. On the left pane click on Focus assist.
    6. On the right pane, toggle on the switch across
      When I’m playing a game

The priority list can be selected by clicking on the
    Customize your priority list.

Hope it helps.

Manjunath_H, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 upgrade, where is my Microsoft Office?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Type “Programs and Features” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Check if Microsoft Office application is listed in the list of installed applications.
    • If it is listed, then navigate to This PC>Local disc (Csoftware to switch perf settings between gaming and office applications ? :)>Windows.old.
    • Check if the Office application is present there.
    • If still not found, then suggest you to install the application using the installation media.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

1. software to switch perf settings between gaming and office applications ? - Similar Threads - software switch perf

2. ESC and ALT Key Both switching between Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ESC and ALT Key Both switching between Software: Recently my ESC key And ALT key on my external keyboard of my laptop both started Switching between software. It is so bad cause when i play games ESC key is really Needed . I tried Troubleshooting it says no issue found , I tried Uninstalling keyboard driver ,I checked my...
  3. ESC and ALT Key Both switching between Software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ESC and ALT Key Both switching between Software: Recently my ESC key And ALT key on my external keyboard of my laptop both started Switching between software. It is so bad cause when i play games ESC key is really Needed . I tried Troubleshooting it says no issue found , I tried Uninstalling keyboard driver ,I checked my...
  4. Switching between applications in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching between applications in windows: Good day to you all. Question about switching applications in windows 10 operating system. There are several ways to switch between open applications. Two ways out of several more: 1. Using the alt/win+tab keyboard shortcuts. 2. Selecting the desired application on the...
  5. Switching between applications in windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching between applications in windows: Good day to you all. Question about switching applications in windows 10 operating system. There are several ways to switch between open applications. Two ways out of several more: 1. Using the alt/win+tab keyboard shortcuts. 2. Selecting the desired application on the...
  6. Perf in games after windows reinstalling.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Perf in games after windows reinstalling.: Hey guys, does anyone know, why I'm receiving 60-70 fps without vsync and 120 with after Win 2004 reinstalling.Also booting games up now slower (for 10-15 secs) that earlier. Also I'm receiving such fixed screen for 10-15 secs. Laptop: HP omen ce057ur. Tested game:...
  7. Perf in games after windows reinstalling.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Perf in games after windows reinstalling.: [ATTACH] Hey guys, does anyone know, why I'm receiving 60-70 fps without vsync and 120 with after Win 2004 reinstalling.Also booting games up now slower (for 10-15 secs) that earlier. Also I'm receiving such fixed screen for 10-15 secs....
  8. Screen goes black while switching between game and a different application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black while switching between game and a different application: While playing games my screen will turn black or fade if I switch to a different application or if I click to Spotify on my second monitor. For example, up until yesterday I was able to click from my game on my primary monitor to Spotify on my secondary monitor and I would be...
  9. Cant switch between applications using taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant switch between applications using taskbar: Hi All, I've been facing a issue with taskbar applications. whenever i have more than one instance of the same same application like two workbooks of excel or two windows of chrome i cant switch to different application using the thumbnail that comes on application icon in...
  10. Unwanted switching between applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted switching between applications: Dear All, At work we have some issues with various computers that sometimes it switches automatically between programs. This happens when you're typing an email, work in Word/Excel, browse online with Edge/Firefox/Chrome or any other program. But it also happens when...