Windows 10: Software updates failing

Discus and support Software updates failing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All My laptop seems to have a problem. It is a HP win 7 that I upgraded to Win 10 during the free update period. It has worked fine until now. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by eddietheone, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Software updates failing

Hi All

My laptop seems to have a problem. It is a HP win 7 that I upgraded to Win 10 during the free update period.
    It has worked fine until now. When I go to update any of the software I have installed to the latest version it fails to do it. It goes through all the normal steps and a new icon flashes on the screen for a nano second and that's it. So can anyone tell me the problem please or is it a trip to the repair shop.

Cheers
    Edward

:)

eddietheone, Dec 28, 2018

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Dec 28, 2018
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    Failed updates

Hi Lozo,

There are several possible reasons why Windows Updates are failing such as system file corruption or software conflict. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Are there error messages associated with the failed updates?
    • What's the result of the Windows Update Troubleshooter? Did it detect any issues?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? This is to prevent us from providing the same steps.

In the meantime, we recommend that you check this
    page
    and follow the instructions on how to troubleshoot Windows Update issues. If you've already tried some of the suggested steps in the article, you can skip those and proceed to the next one.

Keep us posted and we'll be willing to assist you further.

Ramon Imp, Dec 28, 2018
  4. chideock Win User

Software updates failing

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

Software updates failing

1. Software updates failing - Similar Threads - Software updates failing

2. Software Installation fails from Software Centre

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software Installation fails from Software Centre: I have created an Application in SCCM. This will install an EXE file using the PowerShell Deployment toolkit.When I run the PowerShell query manually, it installs the software without any errors. My detection method is a registry key which I create in the script.Install...
  3. Software Installation fails from Software Centre

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Software Installation fails from Software Centre: I have created an Application in SCCM. This will install an EXE file using the PowerShell Deployment toolkit.When I run the PowerShell query manually, it installs the software without any errors. My detection method is a registry key which I create in the script.Install...
  4. amd radeon software failed to update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    amd radeon software failed to update: i am trying to update my amd driver to 21.10.2 but it tells me update failed i have no clue why my pc specs ryzen 5 4650g16gb ram 3200mhzno gpu its integrated...
  5. amd radeon software failed to update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    amd radeon software failed to update: i am trying to update my amd driver to 21.10.2 but it tells me update failed i have no clue why my pc specs ryzen 5 4650g16gb ram 3200mhzno gpu its integrated...
  6. amd radeon software failed to update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Failed to install software

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Failed to install software: Hello Techies, I purchase new laptop from flipkart and after start my laptop first I update windows and then install visual studio code then I got Ipersist access is denied error occurred then I resolved by using online help then I installed mongodb then it is not...
  8. Intel Previous Software Update Failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Previous Software Update Failed: Last time, I updated my software since I got a notification and it said I needed 2 updates so I did the first one and when it was already done, all I have to do was click the "Finish" button but when I was about to open the tab it was in the upper left of my laptop screen and...
  9. Software updates failing

in Windows 10 Support
    Software updates failing: Hi All My laptop seems to have a problem. It is a HP win 7 that I upgraded to Win 10 during the free update period. It has worked fine until now. When I go to update any of the software I have installed to the latest version it fails to do it. It goes through all the normal...
  10. 3rd party software update failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3rd party software update failed: I am trying to install GarminExpress on my laptop to update my GPS but the installation fails. Garmin says it has something to do with my account or my security on my laptop but I haven't the foggiest idea what it could possibly be. I have no idea what to do to change...