Windows 10: Software wanted to create Audio CD iso IMAGE from FLAC/WAV files

Discus and support Software wanted to create Audio CD iso IMAGE from FLAC/WAV files in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi folks is there any software around to create an Audio CD IMAGE (iso) (must not require a physical device) from flac / wav tracks. I need this so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimbo45, Sep 17, 2020.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Software wanted to create Audio CD iso IMAGE from FLAC/WAV files

Hi folks
    is there any software around to create an Audio CD IMAGE (iso) (must not require a physical device) from flac / wav tracks.

I need this so I can burn a couple of "Virtual ISOs" to a NAS from which a remote user can retrieve the iso image and then use a CD /DVD burner to create a phyical CD for his car.

I don't have any physical burners and all the software I've seen will allow you to create an audio CD but the wretched software always wants a physical drive rather than simply "burn image"

Typically this type of message :

Software wanted to create Audio CD iso IMAGE from FLAC/WAV files [​IMG]

I don't care how old the software is - I've got XP VM's and even W95/W98 if the thing would work on those too.

I can't be bothered to get a cheap external physical DVD / CD device - got enough cables and then I'd have to go through the rubbish fof sourcing blank CD's !!! No thanks.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Sep 17, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

Ripping CD to FLAC - File Size

A 16bit/44.1Khz wav file (standard Red Book audio CD music file) is approximately 10MB per minute. How that breaks down to a flac I don't know. Look at other known flac's that you have and you can compare with the songs on the CD.

I do a lot of audio work as I have a recording studio. But, I've never used flac, only wav (full fidelity) or MP3.
    I use the free "Audiograbber" to rip audio CD's. I do some recordings for Karaoke singers and Audiograbber will rip both the music and the song words from Karaoke CD's.

fireberd, Sep 17, 2020
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Ripping CD to FLAC - File Size

Hi there

@Mooly

Your sizes are about right --what they should be for that type of music. Flac (Free Lossless Audio Codec) is a lossless compression format about 2:1 so a 600 MB WAV CD would be around 300 MB in FLAC. No loss of fidelity either.

If you have Classical Music CD's ripping with the old Winamp is actually very good as it uses the Gracenote built in API so the CD tracks get automatically tagged correctly -- Gracenote is far superior to other free databases for classical music tagging. Winamp still works perfectly on W10. I rip any old CD's with that and then transfer over to the NAS.

Quickest way - simply convert physical CD to audio CD iso on HDD (you'll see a load of tracks marked track1.cda etc). Now mount the iso and rip with winamp --now you'll get all your tracks beautifully tagged !!!

It's easier than doing it direct from the physical cd's -- what I do is convert a whole slew of CD's to audio iso CD's first - then ran a batch job to re-rip them with winamp for tagging.

Here's the winamp options : You don't need to set compression ratio - leave slider -- flac is uncompressed of course.

Note also by converting a physical CD to an audio iso cd first avoids the problem - especially if ripping old CD collections - of Disc read errors etc during the process -- once you've got an audio iso image on HDD you won't get any disk read errors and the rip and tagging of this iso with WINAMP takes place in seconds !!!! W10 can mount isos without problem. !!

@PoBear

typical standard CD ripped to FLAC should be around 220 - 300 MB depending on type of music being ripped - a full symphony orchestra on a 70 min CD will be slightly larger than say a smallish vocal ensemble on a 45 min CD but around 220 - 300 MB is about right.

for example : from music folder on my NAS (running Linux)

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Mark Ari Win User

Ripping cd's

Generally you may not get many answers to this because Flac is a new lossless addition to media player ripping formats. not sure how it would be fully with
    standard flac files ripped or downloaded from elsewhere sue to DMR so I provide the following info on the basis of using a CD you own.

For Flac to play as you wish. A CUE file will be created when ripping a
    CD. If you use ISO buster or some other software to create the cue file. then If a CD is read and ripped perfectly to FLAC, the CUE file is what allows later burning of an audio CD that is identical in audio data to the original CD, including track order and pregap,
    Although excluding CD-Text and other additional data such as lyrics and CD+Ggraphics

Mark Ari, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Software wanted to create Audio CD iso IMAGE from FLAC/WAV files - Similar Threads - Software wanted create

2. Error Playing Specific FLAC Encoded .wav Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Playing Specific FLAC Encoded .wav Files: Hi there, I'm having an issue playing some wav files. These files play fine in VLC Media Player but not in Windows Media Player, and Soundpad freezes indefinitely when trying to play them until I force it to close. If I may confess a sin, it is likely due to the codec I am...
  3. Error Playing Specific FLAC Encoded .wav Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Playing Specific FLAC Encoded .wav Files: Hi there, I'm having an issue playing some wav files. These files play fine in VLC Media Player but not in Windows Media Player, and Soundpad freezes indefinitely when trying to play them until I force it to close. If I may confess a sin, it is likely due to the codec I am...
  4. Creating Audio CD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating Audio CD: I have copied music from an LP and burned it to a CD. The resulting file type is WAV. The CD will play on a computer but not in my boomboxes old but functional. The disk is rotating but there's no sound output. ???Always grateful to the knowledgeable people who are willing to...
  5. Creating Audio CD

Creating Audio CD: I have copied music from an LP and burned it to a CD. The resulting file type is WAV. The CD will play on a computer but not in my boomboxes old but functional. The disk is rotating but there's no sound output. ???Always grateful to the knowledgeable people who are willing to...
  6. Creating an audio CD

Creating an audio CD: How do I so select between an audio CD or a data CD in media player& https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-an-audio-cd/a660e38e-52a2-4fc1-8e0f-f120e687b31c
  7. Burning a WAV file to CD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Burning a WAV file to CD: I have been trying for hours to burn several WAV files that I copied to Widows media player but each time I get an error message saying Media Player can not open WAV files. Is there some way to change the type of file or to get Media player open it and burn it?...
  8. Create Windows 10 ISO image from other win10 iso files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create Windows 10 ISO image from other win10 iso files: Hi. I want a GUI program that i can choose from 2 or more win10 or other windows image files what i want and the final result would be one bootable iso file. Is there any GUI program for win7 that i can do these things? Please help me. 157126
  9. Ripping CD to FLAC - File Size

Ripping CD to FLAC - File Size: Hi I hope this is the correct place for this question. I've done a couple of test rips to replace to rip my CDs onto a NAS for playback, previously I have used MP3 but now have the space to use a lossless codec such as FLAC. I'm using Windows Media Player to do the rip....
  10. Problem trying to mount image file (iso) from an audio CD.

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Problem trying to mount image file (iso) from an audio CD.: The thing is that since a few days ago, I can't mount any iso file which was made from a music CD. I can mount any other iso files (video DVDs, software), but music cds. This is what happens: [img] That's the message I'm getting, but the image is ok as long as I...