Windows 10: Software will not open

Discus and support Software will not open in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For photo and video editing I have been using Roxio Creator 2010 Pro on Windows 10. Suddenly, it will not open. Tried uninstall then re-install but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GeoffForresterXE, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Software will not open

For photo and video editing I have been using Roxio Creator 2010 Pro on Windows 10.

Suddenly, it will not open. Tried uninstall then re-install but still 'no go'.

Message comes up 'software incompatible' - WHY? After all these years is it incompatible.

I'm 80 years old and love to mess about with pix, video and music and cannot afford a new software. Have tried a couple of 'free' systems but they are too complicated for my feeble brain.

Any ideas how I can get my beloved Roxio software back again?

P.S. I hate Windows 10 with a vengeance and wish I'd never switched from 7.

:)

GeoffForresterXE, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Problem in opening files through other softwares

Hi Sahaj,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

If the issue is with an app which is installed from Store, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the app and check if that helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the app in which you are facing the issue and click
      Uninstall.
    • Open the Windows Store.
    • Search for the app and click on Install.
    • Check if issue persists.
    If the issue is with a software installed, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the program and check if that helps. Follow the steps below:

• Click on Programs and Features.
    • Right click on the software in which you are facing the issue from the list and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    • Now reinstall the program and check.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Software will not open

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Software will not open :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Software will not open

1. Software will not open - Similar Threads - Software open

2. I opened a software but it is not showing in the display but showing the icon on the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I opened a software but it is not showing in the display but showing the icon on the...: when I try to use the method of shift+Right-click the moving option is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-opened-a-software-but-it-is-not-showing-in-the/dbb7490e-293b-4e8e-a35a-f8bd687044eb
  3. I opened a software but it is not showing in the display but showing the icon on the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I opened a software but it is not showing in the display but showing the icon on the...: when I try to use the method of shift+Right-click the moving option is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-opened-a-software-but-it-is-not-showing-in-the/dbb7490e-293b-4e8e-a35a-f8bd687044eb
  4. I opened a software but it is not showing in the display but showing the icon on the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Problem in Chrome Opening, showing error related to Microsoft Store Software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem in Chrome Opening, showing error related to Microsoft Store Software: Problem in Chrome Opening, showing error related to Microsoft Store Software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-in-chrome-opening-showing-error-related-to/b81b2e2f-71c6-46f1-8f26-1296fb7b57e3
  6. Problem in Chrome Opening, showing error related to Microsoft Store Software

Problem in Chrome Opening, showing error related to Microsoft Store Software: Problem in Chrome Opening, showing error related to Microsoft Store Software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-in-chrome-opening-showing-error-related-to/b81b2e2f-71c6-46f1-8f26-1296fb7b57e3
  7. What would cause a software not to open?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What would cause a software not to open?: I installed Iriun Webcam version 8.2.4 about 2 hours ago and I have been here since, trying to open it. It just won't open. What could be the problem?...
  8. What would cause a software not to open?

What would cause a software not to open?: I installed Iriun Webcam version 8.2.4 about 2 hours ago and I have been here since, trying to open it. It just won't open. What could be the problem?...
  9. What would cause a software not to open?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. i cannot open a picture with Microsoft Photos software

i cannot open a picture with Microsoft Photos software: Through Microsoft Photos, when I want to open a picture, the application crashesWhen I want to display a picture by double-clicking from Windows Explorer, the Microsoft Photos is starting but the picture is not displayed : only a black screen is displayed.I use Windows 11...