Windows 10: Software Windows Freezes

Discus and support Software Windows Freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So im on a new pc and im having a strange problem where sometimes when I start a program the program window freezes for a couple of seconds and I cant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ROZ-2020, May 15, 2020.

1. ROZ-2020 Win User

Software Windows Freezes

So im on a new pc and im having a strange problem where sometimes when I start a program the program window freezes for a couple of seconds and I cant move it on my desktop. I don't know if this is a software or hardware issue.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro. Version 1909 OS Build 18363.836

My System is..

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

ASUS ROG Strix X570-f Gaming

16GB Ram

250GB MVMe

1TB HDD

ASUS AREZ Radeon RX580

:)

ROZ-2020, May 15, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 15, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, May 15, 2020
  4. Software Windows Freezes

Windows 8 Game freezes

You need to list all the parts in your pc so we can get a better idea of what is going on.

Games freezing could be down to many things such as over heating or power issues or software problems.

animal007uk, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Software Windows Freezes

1. Software Windows Freezes - Similar Threads - Software Freezes

2. PC Buzzes freezes and then restarts. Cant figure out if its hardware or software.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Buzzes freezes and then restarts. Cant figure out if its hardware or software.: happens when I'm gaming, doesn't matter the game. The games I'm playing don't create crash report but I have Minidump files that I cant figure out. It also doesn't go to blue screen. I have ran the minidump file and got this but I'm not sure what I'm doing...
  3. PC Buzzes freezes and then restarts. Cant figure out if its hardware or software.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Buzzes freezes and then restarts. Cant figure out if its hardware or software.: happens when I'm gaming, doesn't matter the game. The games I'm playing don't create crash report but I have Minidump files that I cant figure out. It also doesn't go to blue screen. I have ran the minidump file and got this but I'm not sure what I'm doing...
  4. Entire pc has a 5/7 second screen 2fps freeze when closing a Windows related software from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Entire pc has a 5/7 second screen 2fps freeze when closing a Windows related software from...: Marry Christmas! Quick backstory of pc: Hi, I bought a pre-built windows computer. I actually bought two of the same kind. One I refunded do to a problem I then experienced with the second same model I bought immediately after to replace the previous one. When I loaded up...
  5. Entire pc has a 5/7 second screen 2fps freeze when closing a Windows related software from...

Entire pc has a 5/7 second screen 2fps freeze when closing a Windows related software from...: Marry Christmas! Quick backstory of pc: Hi, I bought a pre-built windows computer. I actually bought two of the same kind. One I refunded do to a problem I then experienced with the second same model I bought immediately after to replace the previous one. When I loaded up...
  6. If your Windows PC freezes, Avira security software may be the culprit

in Windows 10 News
    If your Windows PC freezes, Avira security software may be the culprit: A recent update for Avira antivirus software for Windows seems to have a negative impact on system stabilization for some users. For a couple of days, Avira users have reported issues with the antivirus software on their Windows machines. Most users report freezes on...
  7. Windows freeze, white screen, freeze after restart, Compatibly hardware and software ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows freeze, white screen, freeze after restart, Compatibly hardware and software ?: Hi.I have a Medion beast x40 laptop model GM7PxxN with i9 13th Gen IntelR CoreTM i9-13900HX and RTX 4080 12GB vram. BIOS V.1.21 and EC-1.09.I get all the time whitescreen, freeze when I'm playing some games, or after reboot get stuck on lock screen when is asking your for the...
  8. Windows freeze, white screen, freeze after restart, Compatibly hardware and software ?

Windows freeze, white screen, freeze after restart, Compatibly hardware and software ?: Hi.I have a Medion beast x40 laptop model GM7PxxN with i9 13th Gen IntelR CoreTM i9-13900HX and RTX 4080 12GB vram. BIOS V.1.21 and EC-1.09.I get all the time whitescreen, freeze when I'm playing some games, or after reboot get stuck on lock screen when is asking your for the...
  9. External Hard Drive takes boot priority, and freezes software when trying to fix,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drive takes boot priority, and freezes software when trying to fix,: So one of my external hard drives has randomly decided to block my PC when I boot up with it plugged in black screen, underscore the PC boots up fine without it, I check the BIOS and the Hard drive isn't there on the boot menu because it's not plugged in, if I plug it in the...
  10. External Hard Drive takes boot priority, and freezes software when trying to fix,

External Hard Drive takes boot priority, and freezes software when trying to fix,: So one of my external hard drives has randomly decided to block my PC when I boot up with it plugged in black screen, underscore the PC boots up fine without it, I check the BIOS and the Hard drive isn't there on the boot menu because it's not plugged in, if I plug it in the...