Windows 10: SoftwareDistribution folder w/ MS genuine content ?

Discus and support SoftwareDistribution folder w/ MS genuine content ? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, How can I be sure that c:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder receives only certified MS content ( Windows Updates and alike )? Or can this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by netkingcool, Jun 29, 2019.

1. SoftwareDistribution folder w/ MS genuine content ?

Hi,

How can I be sure that c:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder receives only certified MS content ( Windows Updates and alike )? Or can this folder's content be tampered somehow ( even theoretically ) ? Just a thought *Think

Thank you for taking your time to read this.

Antonio P.

:)

netkingcool, Jun 29, 2019
  2. Shiron Win User

SoftwareDistribution Folder

Yes that's exactly what I mean. Is it safe to delete all the folders and files inside the
    C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Downloads folder.

Shiron, Jun 29, 2019
  3. jds63 Win User
    SoftwareDistribution Folder

You mean exactly C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Downloads contents inside download folder ? Can safely delete these, always do so number of days after installing updates. Also Use Disk Cleanup.

jds63, Jun 29, 2019
  4. SoftwareDistribution folder w/ MS genuine content ?

How to stop Windows 10 update in progress

Hi,

This could be due to corrupted Windows Update components. We suggest that you run the Windows Update troubleshooter to address this. See this
    support article and click on Download troubleshooter for Windows 10.

If the issue persists even after running the troubleshooter, we suggest that you delete the SoftwareDistribution folder or its contents. The SoftwareDistribution folder is used to store Windows Update cache. Follow the steps below on how you can delete the
    said folder:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution.
    • Delete the folder itself or the contents.
    • Restart your PC. Doing so will restore a new SoftwareDistribution folder that basically refreshes Windows Updates.

Let us know how it turns out.

Patricia Yu, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

SoftwareDistribution folder w/ MS genuine content ?

1. SoftwareDistribution folder w/ MS genuine content ? - Similar Threads - SoftwareDistribution folder genuine

2. Deleting SoftwareDistribution Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting SoftwareDistribution Folder: Dear Support,I accidentally deleted the SoftwareDistribution folder instead of the downloads forler inside of there while clearing caches.I did press skip on everything that popped up.I just wanna make sure if all it okay by asking this here.Or is it better to delete the...
  3. Delete SoftwareDistribution folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete SoftwareDistribution folder: If I delete the SoftwareDistribution folder can I still uninstall updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-softwaredistribution-folder/990eb5dc-1966-4e82-9bb3-ee8da3a39e54
  4. Can I delete the contents of the SoftwareDistribution download folder without it harming my...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I delete the contents of the SoftwareDistribution download folder without it harming my...: I really need some storage space. I've watched some videos saying that it is safe, but i'm still unsure. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-the-contents-of-the/52011df0-dc66-4caf-bf74-43ce2e490d41"
  5. Delete C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download content is safe?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Delete C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download content is safe?: hi The windows update report some suspend updates cause i set the notify for download and installation in the gpedit rules for increase the control of updating.I prefer download the update from windows update catalog.i just installed "April 9, 2019—KB4493509 (OS Build...
  6. Delete C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download content is safe?

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download content is safe?: hi The windows update report some suspend updates cause i set the notify for download and installation in the gpedit rules for increase the control of updating.I prefer download the update from windows update catalog.i just installed "April 9, 2019—KB4493509 (OS Build...
  7. Safe to delete SoftwareDistribution folder(s)? And how?

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe to delete SoftwareDistribution folder(s)? And how?: Hello. Ive had a lot of problems installing the 1803 and 1809 updates, when they try to update they always gets reverted back to previous versions of windows. I think this, coupling with the fact that ive tried to do a lot of fixes to make windows update work, have made my...
  8. SoftwareDistribution folder duplicated on second drive

SoftwareDistribution folder duplicated on second drive: ​Since the Win10 Anniversary update, I have a duplicate SoftwareDistribution folder on my B drive (which is where I store all my files). There is the regular SoftwareDistribution folder under c:/Windows plus a SoftwareDistribution.old folder, both of which have half a dozen...
  9. SoftwareDistribution Folder

SoftwareDistribution Folder: ]I just found where all my updates were located. However there are lots of folders and files. Can I safely delete them as they take up lots of space? The figure below shows how much is in the folder. Thanks for any help. [img] 15686
  10. Emptying Windows/SoftwareDistribution/Download folder.

in Windows 10 Support
    Emptying Windows/SoftwareDistribution/Download folder.: Can we delete all folders and files in the above folder? 37643