Windows 10: Sold a computer to someone that needs my product or digital key

Discus and support Sold a computer to someone that needs my product or digital key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I sold a computer to a local guy after reformatting it. He can not access the computer because it ask for a digital key. How do I get it? Can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GregDavis9, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Sold a computer to someone that needs my product or digital key

I sold a computer to a local guy after reformatting it. He can not access the computer because it ask for a digital key. How do I get it?

Can I transfer it to him by email?

:)

GregDavis9, Jan 8, 2021
  2. mlg63 Win User

Product Key Not Working

Listings on Amazon are billed as windows 7 by microsoft but are actually sold by third parties, not MS. Contact the seller for a refund. Read the complete description which says-- Ships from
    and sold by J&B Deals Express.

• Intended for distribution with a refurbished PC
    • This product ships in an envelope or plastic case. it isn't for Mac.
    • Make the things you do every day easier with improved desktop navigation.
    • Easily create a home network and connect your PCs to a printer with HomeGroup.
    • "Use of this OEM System Builder Channel software is subject to the terms of the Microsoft OEM System Builder License. This software is intended for pre-installation on a refurbished personal computer. This OEM System Builder
      Channel software requires the assembler to provide end user support for the Windows software and cannot be transferred to another computer once it is installed. To acquire Windows software with support provided by Microsoft please see our full package ""Retail""
      product offerings. Looking for your product key? The product key is a 25-digit string with a hyphen between each 5 digits. It will say ""Product Key"" before 25 digits or have an image of a key next to 10 digits with the remaining 15 on the next line below.
      The Product Key is generally located in the lower left corner of the DVD case, on the disc itself, or on a leaflet in the packaging you received."

It would be best to install windows 10 and purchase the activation key from the Windows store.

mlg63, Jan 8, 2021
  3. CoryCigas Win User
    Product Key Not Working

Thanks for the help, started the return process already.

CoryCigas, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Sold a computer to someone that needs my product or digital key

Product Keys sold online

Only Microsoft itself and Amazon.com is authorized to sell and distribute digital downloads of Microsoft products such as Windows and Office. Anybody else is likely reselling MSDN keys.

About MSDN or TechNet Product Keys

They are genuine Microsoft product keys, they are actually retail licenses, but it is intended for a particular product channel either the Microsoft Software Developer Network (MSDN) or TechNet for IT Professionals who pay a subscription
    fee. The main purpose is for evaluation purposes. The great thing about them, unlike trial Microsoft software, MSDN or TechNet keys don't expire. Because the agreement under which the subscription is provided is a single license, none of the software should
    be distributed outside of it. Even though its $50,000 worth of licenses, it is for one person only to use and no one else. Unfortunately, regardless of the licensing terms, persons still abuse the program, either giveaway product keys or resell it on auction
    sites. Microsoft licenses it in good faith that customers won't do so, but I guess human nature wins out.

In your case, what probably happened is, you bought an MSDN licensed key, which carries up to 10 activations unlike full packaged retail licenses which only carry 1 activation. The person who sold it to you probably sold it to 10 other
    persons. Somewhere along the way, one of those persons might have installed it on a second system, activated it, because it went past 10 activation threshold, Microsoft detected it that it was being abused and blocked the key from further use.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Sold a computer to someone that needs my product or digital key

1. Sold a computer to someone that needs my product or digital key - Similar Threads - Sold computer someone

2. We need product activation keys for digital licenses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We need product activation keys for digital licenses: I reinstalled windows this morning to fix some WHEA ID 1 errors and now I can't activate it. I spent ~3 hours dealing with Microsoft technical support because even though I'm using the same account, the activation troubleshooter doesn't recognize my computer.Nobody was able...
  3. We need product activation keys for digital licenses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We need product activation keys for digital licenses: I reinstalled windows this morning to fix some WHEA ID 1 errors and now I can't activate it. I spent ~3 hours dealing with Microsoft technical support because even though I'm using the same account, the activation troubleshooter doesn't recognize my computer.Nobody was able...
  4. We need product activation keys for digital licenses

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Product key? Or, digital license?

Product key? Or, digital license?: Dell Inspiron 3647. Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro free upgrade. No tech will be attempting a hard drive change. For reinstalling, I keep reading a 25 character product key. I have 20. It does specify Windows 10 is activated with a digital license. I know once I...
  6. Digital product key

Digital product key: I mgrated from [by force] from windows 8 to windows 10 sgle home language. I did not received a digital product licence key. I am experiencing some blue screen trouble. Where do I find my digital licence key or must I buy Windows 10 again after the migration?...
  7. digital product key

digital product key: downloaded free windows 10 home to a usb drive. notebook had win 7 on it. did a clean install. windows telling me it can't find a product key. device is registered to microsoft and is licensed to me...
  8. digital product key retrive

digital product key retrive: I have purchased sony System Model SVF15A13SN with digital product key on 2013 year. Then after hard disk of the system is partly damaged . so I purchased new hard disk with 500gb. but I can't take back the digital product key. How can get it back...
  9. Product Key & Digital Licence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product Key & Digital Licence: Want to know what is the difference in having a product key of Window OS 'OR' having Digital License of the same. Invite the comments https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-digital-licence/6beeebcc-3c92-4891-9220-5d7910b99ab6
  10. Product Key for Digital Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product Key for Digital Upgrade: Trying to activate Win 10 Pro (just upgraded from Win 10 Home) to create an admin account. MS says it's in the receipt, but then says elsewhere if it was a digital download, you don't need one and just click on that option. Sorry, not seeing an option to continue withot a...