Windows 10: Solid Color of Individual Desktop Icons for Win10

Discus and support Solid Color of Individual Desktop Icons for Win10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use nature pictures for my desktop background. The icon symbols and titles on my desktop tend to fade into the photo. I want to choose a solid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HeidiHackney, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Solid Color of Individual Desktop Icons for Win10

I use nature pictures for my desktop background. The icon symbols and titles on my desktop tend to fade into the photo. I want to choose a solid background for the tiles on the desktop to keep the name and image of the icon visible. I've managed to change the text color, but I want the field of each individual icon to have its own color to help with visibility while keeping my photo background in place. Thank you!

:)

HeidiHackney, Nov 16, 2018

2. change desktop background color

Hi,

To change the desktop background into a solid color, see the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop, and select Personalize.
    • Under Personalization, select Background.
    • On the right pane, click on the drop-down menu for Background, and then select
      Solid color.
    • Choose your preferred color and it should immediately make changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Windows 10 desktop background settings frozen on Solid Colors

Hi,

My Win10 desktop > Personalize > Backround setting does not allow changing to Picture or SlideShow. When I select either one, it reverts to "Solid color" option, and only allows me to select a solid color. I have checked ease of access and the desktop restrictions
    there are not applied, I have also renamed the Transcoded wallpaper file in appdata/roaming/microsoft/windows/themes to _old which was suggested as a solution in one post. Have restarted laptop but no effect. I suspect I have hit a key while my laptop was
    docked since I faintly remember the desktop turning black.

What could have changed so that only solid colors are allowed as desktop background theme?

And yes, it's a business laptop with official windows license.

Thanks for any help.

Outi Kalska, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Solid Color of Individual Desktop Icons for Win10

Windows 10 Desktop Shortcuts' Colors

Hi there,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, provide us the operating system that is installed on your PC?

If you want to change the color of a desktops shortcut font (text), then follow the below steps.

Step 1: Right click on an empty space on the desktop and click on 'Personalize'.

Step 2: It gives you the choice between Picture, Solid, or Slideshow under
    Background, choose 'Solid' under drop-down list.

Step 3: Set the color to Orange and this will make the shortcut icon text Black.

Step 4: After the above steps, you can set your background image as your choice and the icon font will remain black.

NOTE: You can only change the font color to either White or Black.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

Solid Color of Individual Desktop Icons for Win10

1. Solid Color of Individual Desktop Icons for Win10 - Similar Threads - Solid Color Individual

2. desktop icon color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop icon color: hello i would like to ask about desktop icon`s color.since i have upgraded on win11 when i tap one time with the mouse on the icon the color of the icon became a trasparent white but i would like to change..since my image is light......
  3. desktop icon color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop icon color: hello i would like to ask about desktop icon`s color.since i have upgraded on win11 when i tap one time with the mouse on the icon the color of the icon became a trasparent white but i would like to change..since my image is light......
  4. solid color background

in Windows 10 Customization
    solid color background: Hello there , I've read somewhere that using solid color background in win7 would cause 30 sec delay in the boot up. what about windows 10 ? what is the best desktop background regarding performance in win10 ? thanks ....
  5. Win10 Background and desktop colors

Win10 Background and desktop colors: I installed Win 10 on my Pavilion dv6. I tried to set different background & desktop colors. I tried the high contrast setting at one point but returned it to normal. I can't remember all the color changes I did try. In any case, the changes made Photoshop .jpgs appear...
  6. Desktop background picture changes to solid color

Desktop background picture changes to solid color: When I right click on one of my own photos and ask to have it set as my desktop background the choice changes from picture to solid color instead of showing my photo... I've tried most everything to no avail.....
  7. Create Solid Color Background for Desktop Icons for Win10

Create Solid Color Background for Desktop Icons for Win10: I use nature pictures for my desktop background. The icon symbols and titles on my desktop tend to fade into the photo. I want to choose a solid background for the tiles on the desktop to keep the name and image of the icon visible. I've managed to change the text color,...
  8. Solid color login screen?

Solid color login screen?: Hi! Does anyone know how to make ones login screen solid color? I tried the regfix at How to Change the Login Screen Background on Windows 10 but it doesn't seem to work here in Windows 10 Pro. Thanks! 14745
  9. Windows 10 will keep solid color desktop but not wallpaper

Windows 10 will keep solid color desktop but not wallpaper: I'm new to this forum so hopefully I'm doing this correctly. Whenever I choose and save the desktop wallpaper and restart my computer the desktop reverts to a solid color. If I choose only a different solid color desktop the setting are kept after I restart. I have tried...
  10. color icons on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    color icons on desktop: Many icons on my desktop have no color and these seem to be the ones that keep moving around when the machine is shut down. Anybody have any suggestions? 59589