Windows 10: Solid Colour Freeze when playing games, no BSOD

Discus and support Solid Colour Freeze when playing games, no BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is my first custom built pc, everything was working fine. Web browsing, watching videos. I jumped onto csgo and played a few warm up 1v1s against... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DHarris98, Jun 16, 2019.

1. DHarris98 Win User

Solid Colour Freeze when playing games, no BSOD

This is my first custom built pc, everything was working fine. Web browsing, watching videos. I jumped onto csgo and played a few warm up 1v1s against my friend. But them when we started playing after a couple rounds the screen just went Solid grey. No sound or feedback. Then I rebooted went back on csgo and after 30 seconds it did it again. A good thing to note is that I only have 1 exhaust fan installed atm. But I thought it would be alright for one game. What do i do?

Specs
    Ryzen 5 2600
    RX 580 Sapphire pulse(Amazon Warehouse, like new)
    Gigabyte B450 DS3H
    16gb ram
    480 ssd

:)

DHarris98, Jun 16, 2019

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 16, 2019
  3. Man_Gup Win User
    Solid Color Freeze !help!

Very often my PC freezes whit a solid color, it can be:blue,red,yellow,gray,white

it deppens of background for example on google it will be white

My PC freezes whit a solid color

I cant see anything

And i cant click

if there is music in the background

it will start repeating on certain point

Often it heppends when im playing games

Can someone help?

Man_Gup, Jun 16, 2019
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Can't play Hit It Rich game and system freezes

Hi carmenstanley1,

Thank you for your response.

I can understand how frustrating it would be. This issue might be due to corrupted profile or if the game is not installed completely. I suggest you to follow these steps and let us know if it works.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried playing this game on other browser (Google chrome or Mozilla) and check for the issue?

Step 1: Uninstall or Repair the game.

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
    3. Right click on the Hit it Rich app > Select Repair or uninstall it.
    4. Reinstall the application and check for the issue.

Step 2: Create a new local account.

The reason might be due to user account corruption, so I would suggest you to ‘Create
    a local user or administrator account’
    and check if the issue persists.

Note: You will not see all your files under your default file location.
    So your data will be saved under C:\Users\User_name.

If you are facing issues with freezing, I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps on
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jun 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Solid Colour Freeze when playing games, no BSOD - Similar Threads - Solid Colour Freeze

2. Computer freezes or gets BSOD when playing some games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes or gets BSOD when playing some games: Hello,My computer freezes or gets BSOD when I play some games. It usually occurs after ~30 minutes to an hour of playtime. The strange thing is that it doesn't happen with all games I play. Some I can play no problem for hours with no crashing. I've been having this problem...
  3. Computer freezes or gets BSOD when playing some games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes or gets BSOD when playing some games: Hello,My computer freezes or gets BSOD when I play some games. It usually occurs after ~30 minutes to an hour of playtime. The strange thing is that it doesn't happen with all games I play. Some I can play no problem for hours with no crashing. I've been having this problem...
  4. Computer freezes or gets BSOD when playing some games

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. colour calibration not working when playing games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    colour calibration not working when playing games: hi, so i modified my display color using colour calibration by windows 10, but when i start a game it does not work anymore. if i show my desktop and go back to the game and its fixed. but if i close the game and reopen it, the color reverts back to the stock settings. no...
  6. Solid Colour Freeze when playing CSGO.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Solid Colour Freeze when playing CSGO.: This is my first custom built pc, everything was working fine. Web browsing, watching videos. I jumped onto csgo and played a few warm up 1v1s against my friend. But them when we started playing after a couple rounds the screen just went Solid grey. No sound or feedback. Then...
  7. Solid Colour Freeze when playing CSGO.

in Windows 10 Support
    Solid Colour Freeze when playing CSGO.: This is my first custom built pc, everything was working fine. Web browsing, watching videos. I jumped onto csgo and played a few warm up 1v1s against my friend. But them when we started playing after a couple rounds the screen just went Solid grey. No sound or feedback. Then...
  8. Freezing when playing games

Freezing when playing games: Hi there, in the last few days when playing games (BFBC2, BF3 and Sticky Bomb), my computer has been freezing at various points (sometimes within a minute, sometimes after 2 hours), and on reboot i get BSOD sometimes with different error messages such as...
  9. BSOD/ Freeze When Playing Games or Watching Youtube Fullscreen

BSOD/ Freeze When Playing Games or Watching Youtube Fullscreen: I've tried so many things to no avail. Finally came to my senses to post on a forum. 40871
  10. Computer Freezes when playing games and when not playing games

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Freezes when playing games and when not playing games: I've been having this issue for nearly a year now (probably around 9 months). It started after my little sister made me get a virus by her trying to download something onto my laptop. I've since taken it to a reputable computer shop as well as followed instructions from other...