Windows 10: Solid Orange Light -Ethernet Connected but no Internet

Discus and support Solid Orange Light -Ethernet Connected but no Internet in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My PC is having serious connection probs. My little usb WiFi adapter has been predictably a bit shit. It’s now stopped disconnecting from my WiFi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/soundscomplex, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Solid Orange Light -Ethernet Connected but no Internet

My PC is having serious connection probs.

1. My little usb WiFi adapter has been predictably a bit shit. It’s now stopped disconnecting from my WiFi but when it does connect comes up as no internet connection under the network

2. Well, I thought. I’ll buy a new card in a month or so. For now, let’s go wired. Using an Ethernet cable I plug in, I’m getting a solid orange light at the port and the same issue. PC recognises network but no internet connection reported. Obviously there is internet as my phone and laptop attest too.

3. I’ve run ipconfig (two media disconnected results under WiFi and Lan) and also disabled and reenabled both under device manager. So far no luck.

4. More concerned with getting Ethernet to work as I can test WiFi at my leisure later down the line but really want internet into the PC.

Any idea how to fix? Please help!!

submitted by /u/soundscomplex
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/soundscomplex, Dec 19, 2019
  2. MJW77CA Win User

Ethernet Light Orange/ "Local Area Network" Not in Network List

Last night I noticed my ethernet light on the back of my computer was orange. I did some research to find the reason. Some websites said it was an increased connection speed. Others said a problem with the connection.
    The local area network is no longer in the list of network connections and the other computer in my house has a green light on the ethernet port.
    I've used all the cmd.exe ipconfig steps suggested by websites. Flush dns, reset dns, etc. I've also used the network troubleshooter in windows10 which told me a problem was not found.
    Nothing seems to change the light back to green. Can someone help me find the problem so I can fix it?

MJW77CA, Dec 19, 2019
  3. SarahKong Win User
    Ethernet Light Orange/ "Local Area Network" Not in Network List

Then could be the light is gone out.

I know on my one machine it only flashes orange and no green.

And my other machine solid green and then flashing orange.

As long as orange is flashing you're good to go Solid Orange Light -Ethernet Connected but no Internet :)

SarahKong, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Solid Orange Light -Ethernet Connected but no Internet

Ethernet/Internet Problem

Hey Guys,
    my computer has been working and has been connected to my home network since i got it a year ago,
    but yesterday, i turned it on and it wouldn't connect to my network and i couldn't browse the internet or even connect to my router (192.168.0.1).
    It just keeps timing out and telling me that there is limited or no connectivity.
    The router light is blinking, so it is detecting some signal from my computer, and my computer detects when i put an Ethernet cable in, but it only ever has a dark orange light (lit constantly) and a bright orange light (blinking) on the actual Ethernet port.

I have a D-link DIR 615 And I'm not sure if this is connected, but on the router, the second light along (a circle with a triangle in it) has just started blinking, as opposed to always being on.

I plugged the computer directly into the internet modem and it still wont connect. Whenever it's connected to the router, it keeps receiving an IP address different to what the router is meant to assign.

I'm using Windows XP Service Pack 3, All my drivers are installed (to my knowledge), My motherboard is an ASUS ROG STRIKER Formula II.

This is driving me crazy, so ANY help will be very very much appreciated.

Flamingsupernova, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Solid Orange Light -Ethernet Connected but no Internet

1. Solid Orange Light -Ethernet Connected but no Internet - Similar Threads - Solid Orange Light

2. No ethernet internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No ethernet internet connection: I had to reset my pc yesterday and after that it says no that there is no internet connection i alredy tried all solutions i coud find usb tethering from my phone doesn't work either...
  3. No ethernet internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No ethernet internet connection: I had to reset my pc yesterday and after that it says no that there is no internet connection i alredy tried all solutions i coud find usb tethering from my phone doesn't work either...
  4. Ethernet not connecting to the internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet not connecting to the internet.: I connect to the internet via an ethernet connection through electric powerline modules. It has been running great until a couple of days ago. My computer says that I'm connected with internet access until I run a diagnostic. It says that the connection between your access...
  5. Ethernet connected but no internet

Ethernet connected but no internet: Ethernet connected but no internet, my motherboard does not support wifi z170a. I have tried ipconfig /all ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /registerdns ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew I've tried rebooting and doing netsh int ip reset and netsh winsock reset I've...
  6. Taskbar orange light

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar orange light: I got a problem about orange shining. It used to shine when I get notification in the app, and after opening the app this orange light used to disappear. But now even if I open app and check the notification, it keeps shining orange until I close the app. How I can fix it?...
  7. Orange battery light on laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Orange battery light on laptop: I have an Asus RGO G750JM laptop which is showing me an orange light showing next to the power light. I have renewed the battery but no go any any ideas appreciated*Rolleyes. NB machine does run on power adaptor only and even when it is unplugged so I am at a loss as to why...
  8. Ethernet Light Orange/ "Local Area Network" Not in Network List

Ethernet Light Orange/ "Local Area Network" Not in Network List: Last night I noticed my ethernet light on the back of my computer was orange. I did some research to find the reason. Some websites said it was an increased connection speed. Others said a problem with the connection. The local area network is no longer in the list of network...
  9. Modem Not Working... Orange Lights?

Modem Not Working... Orange Lights?: Hey all got a question. The internet does not work at my parent's place. They said the netgear modem they have dropped but it was a very short drop. Basically imagine you have a very short table that you put that modem on... but when it falls, its basically very short as the...
  10. Power light blinking blue instead of solid orange when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power light blinking blue instead of solid orange when in sleep mode: I have a 10 year old HP Pavilion desktop that was just refurbished. When I put the computer in sleep mode, the power button now blinks blue, instead of solid orange, which is the way it used to be. I would like to change it back to solid orange when in sleep mode. Is there...